Kidani Village Air Conditioner

cursivesailor

Original Poster
Anyone know if the ACs are locked with the motion sensor at night? We encountered this a few years ago when AoA first opened and it was miserable. This year my whole family is going for Halloween and we will be in Kidani. My dad will freak out if the room gets hot. So I was curious if anyone had any suggestions on the thermostats at this hotel? Thanks in advance!

DManRightHere

So many posts about AC units lately...

Anyways, last year Jambo had traditional units.

What do the new ones do? They can not just completely shut off. It would get to hot in the daytime when no one is in there. I assume they default to like 75?

I saw someone recommend a balloon. Not sure if that would work.

cursivesailor

Original Poster
They are on motion sensors that shut off or cut way back when no motion is present. Yes, it does get hot. Back in 2012 when we stayed at AoA this was happening to us. I woke up every night stuck to my husband. I wouldnt be able to get back to sleep at all. It was terrible. I kinda feel if I am paying the price for the hotel stay, they I should be able to set the temperature the way that is comfortable to me.

BuddyThomas

Ah the old AC sensor thermostat. I complain about them on every survey I'm sent.

When you get to your room look up the model of the thermostat and "override" on Youtube. There should be a video on how to override it for 24 hours (just repeat it every day). That usually works.
Tried that - didn't work - specifically talking about Yacht Club in 2013. You would think that for an overpriced deluxe resort, they would at least provide oxygen...but apparently that was too much to ask for. We had to call the front desk and complain about how hot our room was and they sent an engineer to do an over-ride. Took a few hours from start of the in-room heatwave to engineer finishing. Argh.

mouse_luv

No, the AC's at Kidani aren't like the annoying cheap "green" eco ones at the Values. And you can't have balloons at either of the Animal Kingdom resorts b/c of the animals. They make you sign paperwork about it.

Phil12

Balloons won't work anyway. All of the thermostats have both motion and IR heat detector sensors. They are set to only react to the "thermal image" of a human. Build a small fire under the thermostat and it will lower the room temperature.

DABIGCHEEZ

While the Kidani rooms used the AC sensors, we never had a problem any time we stayed there. And I like the room to be cold. We had a one bedroom villa and the main room and the bedroom each had a ceiling fan as well. Kept them on and at night if was quite comfy(meaning chilly for me)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom