Kick the Tires and Light the Spires!

Seabasealpha1

Original Poster
So,

great2.jpg

We all can clearly see (thank God! and WDWMagic!) that the hat is on the out at DHS. I'd like to start a place to discuss the Chinese Theatre and what kinds of things we might see done to the OUTSIDE and perhaps even some of the inside. Just kind of a Chinese-Theatre speculation thread...

This discussion should include some throwback memories to when the park was built, the orignal intention of the theatre's placement, theming, etc...

Also...it'd be cool to hear some history about said theatre...like...when did the spires go down? What kind of shape are they potentially in? WILL they return? How are they designed? Do they really retract?

Are they in John Stamos' basement with the original Disneyland sign? (kidding!)

And any and all things pertaining to the (hopeful) refresh of the exterior...

Talk amongst yaselves! I'm verklempt!

Last edited:

Seabasealpha1

Original Poster
Now we just wait to see if she's getting some fresh paint, maybe some more additions (there's some little construction project going on I know near the exits...) and finally...some refurbs/upgrades/changes on the inside...

JIMINYCR

Yeah, looks rather drab and worn down on the inside. Now that its got our attention back as the premier view point up Hollywood Blvd. it needs to get back some love and respect. Lets start with some new carpeting.

Figments Friend

Can i just say how beautiful this photo is, and re-express how happy i am that this view will soon by back?
I have really missed seeing the Chinese Theater in it*s full glory at the end of Hollywood Blvd. for far too long.
SO so glad that blasted eyesore known as the Hat is going away for good.

YES!! The day has finally come for it*s departure!
The Tiki Gods have answered our cries for mercy !
( bows to their might and wisdom )

Seabasealpha1

Original Poster
Hello all! I am a transplant from the BAH demo thread! LOL ;) My daily routine has been completely disrupted now that the Hat is finally gone! I would love to join this discussion!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aye welcome aboard matey! Be surely glad to count ye as a part of me Krusty crew!

kgaf99

yeah, it needs a little TLC and i'm sure they'll do something to get her back up to speed.

wouldn't it be cool if they could dress it all up for the new "star wars" movie just like they did back in the 70's with the signs and stuff. that would be sweet!!!!
Star-Wars-Premiere_1977.jpg

imagineer boy

Yeah, the theater's exterior needs some sprucing up. Some repainting is needed. And of course need I mention the spires?

yeah, it needs a little TLC and i'm sure they'll do something to get her back up to speed.

wouldn't it be cool if they could dress it all up for the new "star wars" movie just like they did back in the 70's with the signs and stuff. that would be sweet!!!!
Star-Wars-Premiere_1977.jpg

Ooh, that would be perfect for Star Wars weekends.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom