Kenny Rogers Planning Theme Park Near Atlanta. How Worried Should Disney Be?

Arthur Wellesley

Original Poster
Reported from Screamscape:
Famous musician, Kenny Rogers, announced a few months ago that he would retire from performing at the end of one final “world tour” that was to begin sometime in 2016. After that, he actually said he plans to follow in Dolly Parton’s footsteps and open some kind of entertainment based theme park somewhere outside of the Atlanta, GA area. He described the site for the park, which he called Kennyland or Kenny World, to be built on an island about 40 miles North of Atlanta. Kenny described the project as being “similar to Dollywood” but more “high-tech”.
http://screamscape.com/html/usa_news.htm#Georgia

Now granted, Kenny will probably be too hungover by tomorrow morning to remember this idea, but for the time being, should Disney be considering tossing in the towel & calling it quits?

Last edited:

Arthur Wellesley

Original Poster
One line from the report really jumped out at me:
Kenny described the project as being “similar to Dollywood” but more “high-tech”.
More high-tech than Dollywood?? :eek: Call me a skeptic, but from someone who has frequented Dollywood many-a-time, the one thing which stands out with that park above all others is how high-tech it is.
images
images
images

Yet for Kenny Rogers to make claims that his new park will be even more high-tech....this is hard to fathom. I applaud the guy for dreaming big, but I just don't see it happening, at least anytime soon. Time will tell...

Lucky

I think WDW can undercut the appeal of Kennyland by making a deal with another prominent country singer. "Frontierland" could become "Willie Nelson Land." Problem solved.

Last edited:

Arthur Wellesley

Original Poster
And @Arthur Wellesley, I know you were making a joke as Dollywood has a quaint veneer of rustic charm, but they have been keeping pace with the industry with high tech, modern attractions. They already have a B&M Wingrider. And they are building the world's first launched woodie right now. And it's a monster.

Joking and satire aside, yes I am really looking forward to this opening in a few months! Wild Eagle is already one of my top favorite coasters anywhere (when it's not closed down due to wasp outbreaks. :confused: No that was not a joke), and I am sure Lightning Rod will be nothing short of spectacular as well. The park really does have a lot of charm.

Arthur Wellesley

Original Poster
Lots of theme park development going on in Atlanta these days.
Between the abundance of open space for development in & around the Atlanta area, combined with the ease of traffic flow which that city is notorious for...I'd say it's only a matter of time before it becomes THE theme park capital of the country, if not the world. Mark my words.

raven

I don't think guests staying on Disney property are going to be lured away for a country-themed park by a drunk owner that's an 8 hour drive away.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom