keep an eye out

Grotto123

Original Poster
Well we are coming up to dhs 24th anniversary so an announcement coinsiding with special merchandise could make sense granted it ain't the 25th but announce it on may 1st wouldn't surprise me one bit. Rumors have been circling around wdw about updating each park before the big 50th anniversary celebration mk-fle dtd-disney springs dak-avatar and dhs-carsland

Lovelyrita08

I think it is funny how often Universal and Disney are compared...let's face it, Universal finally updated something, which took them around 4 years after it's original announcement, and we are all saying that disney is doing things to combat it? Disney updates constantly...Universal never has...hence why one of their rides is based off of Terminator 2! Disney will always be worlds above Universal...I know that wasn't an argument, I just wanted to say it ;)

I hope cars land isn't coming to DHS. Cars was one of the least profitable pixar movies and I believe it got more than it deserved when they gave it a sequel.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I think it is funny how often Universal and Disney are compared...let's face it, Universal finally updated something, which took them around 4 years after it's original announcement, and we are all saying that disney is doing things to combat it? Disney updates constantly...Universal never has...hence why one of their rides is based off of Terminator 2! Disney will always be worlds above Universal...I know that wasn't an argument, I just wanted to say it ;)

I hope cars land isn't coming to DHS. Cars was one of the least profitable pixar movies and I believe it got more than it deserved when they gave it a sequel.
Actually, it falls right about int the middle of Pixar's films. Where Cars has really shined is in merchandising and that is a big key to how financially successful a theme park offering would be.

djlaosc

First of all, I'm not sure what you are talking about with "4 years after announcement update" - FLE will have taken 5 or so years to do? And what Universal have been doing recently is a lot more interesting than Disney...

Terminator 2 - film released in 1991, attraction opened 1996
Snow White - film released 1937, attraction opening 2014
Beauty & The Beast - film released 1991, restaurant opened 2012
Little Mermaid - film released 1989, attraction opened 2012

So, in fact, Universal may be better getting properties into parks closer to their release dates! And T2:3D is still a great attraction, even 16 years on, and it is apparantly getting upgrades soon as well!

Goofyernmost

There is a good reason why Universal never has updated Terminator...it's because it is an awesome show. You don't have to have ever seen any Terminator movies to enjoy it. Well done, very well choreographed and clear and sharp 3D. No need to improve something that is already great and really cannot be improved. JMHO!

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese

Trust me when I say we all LOVE WDW and Disney, but to ignore what Universal is doing is silly. Simply put, Universal is being Disney circa 1981 and Disney is being meh. They aren't bad, they just haven't been holding themselves to their standard of quality that we have come to expect. Disney in respect to the theme park industry isn't a tragedy, but compared to itself it is. That's the issue and honestly Universal realized they can succeed with a top notch quality/offerings approach.

Disney in my opinion needs to return to this and restructure management and staff overall. Their problem is they think their only issue is money hemorrhaging. That's definitely an issue especially since they also aren't delivering top notch quality relative to costs.

End rant... Went on a tangent, sorry folks.

BryceM

Disney will always be worlds above Universal? May I ask you... Have you ever been to Universal Orlando? Just a question.

Taylor

Cars may not have been the best box office movie but to say that it's not profitable is ridiculous it is THE most profitable franchise merch wise Disney has

Lovelyrita08

I bet the answer is either no or yes, ten years ago.
actually, yes, I've been to universal orlando about 4 times in the past year. Each time, I spend about 2 hours there before becoming bored and leaving. I find it to be incredibly un-amusing and not at all what it claims to be. Have you even been to WDW?

Californian Elitist

actually, yes, I've been to universal orlando about 4 times in the past year. Each time, I spend about 2 hours there before becoming bored and leaving. I find it to be incredibly un-amusing and not at all what it claims to be. Have you even been to WDW?

Actually I haven't, but I don't see things with rose-colored glasses. And I've been to Disney parks before. I frequent the Disneyland Resort. I give credit when credit is due. Universal has been on its game, and one can't deny that. You love WDW... Not so much USO. Nothing wrong with that at all. But saying things like Disney constantly updates things and basically brushing of Universal's success is a little absurd. That's all we're saying. We're not chastising you because you love Disney. We all love Disney.

NewtoDisney2009

Well, the cone cups were an old concept that was tried out in the late 80's early 90's..It was known as the Handwich..
handwich1.jpg
Is that real?

Pseudonym

This has been brought up many times before and people still don't seem to get it... People will come for quality attractions. Just because a ride is based off of a movie that isn't liked by everyone (ex. Cars) it won't prevent people from booking a trip. Cars Land is a prime example. Not everyone loves the movie but the quality and detail of Cars Land is what makes the experience like nothing else. If you build it they will come.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom