Keel or Canoes??

ArielLover

They had both of them when I went as a kid. But sadly I never had a chance to ride before the went to that big park in the sky.

StevenT

alas the only thing left is the landing for them. I don't remember too much about them except what they looked like, but it seems as if it's not a bad thing they are gone, it would make the Rivers of America even more crowded.

KaliSplash

Yep,

WDW had both the Mike Fink Keel Boats and the Davy Crockett Explorer canoes.
The keel boats were hot as the devil. Either you were outside burning in the sun or inside where it was stuffy.
I did it several times before they vanished.
Never did the Davy Crockett canoes, but they had double seats (like the Splash Mountain boats) and everyone rowed, under the watchful eye of a guide, who would make fun of the lazy people when the river boat or the keel boats went by.

iluvstitch

All I remember was a flat raft-type boat that you stood on- was that the keel boats? How exactly do guests get to Tom Sawyers Island now? -Stephanie

ArielLover

Originally posted by iluvstitch
All I remember was a flat raft-type boat that you stood on- was that the keel boats? How exactly do guests get to Tom Sawyers Island now? -Stephanie

They ride on rafts which is probably what you remember.

StevenT

oh and they can take the "bridge" :lol: :lol:

Seriously I heard 3 or 4 people last weekend that thought you could get of the island via the barrel bridge that actually seperates island from island. :(

Near the raft launch on the island a man with his son speaks to his wife:

Wife: "Are you coming?"
Husband: "No, we'll meet you over there, we're going to get off the island by the bridge"
Wife: "Oh okay"

The man and son then turn and walk away from the raft launch. :brick: :brick:

rzalaskus

Here at Disneyland, the Canoes are in operation. The Keelobats are not operational - one is moored on the River. The other one I last saw backstage in bad shape. The former Keelboat landing is now a smoking area.

figmentfan

Never went on the Canoes, I think the launch and the dock for tha canoes are still there, it is by the exit of Thunder Mountain.

Anybody remember the Swan Boats that circled the moat around the castle?

Chape19714

yes, the swan boat station is currently in the rose garden, in the hub, on the tomorrowland side. The tracks are still under the water, that's why the water is still colored that green color. The station is still accessable, and is a great place to see Wishes from. Speakers are right in the roof of the station.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom