Just what everyone wanted a Death Star Spaceship Earth

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I agree. No matter how many times you deliver proof, the zombies still don't wake up.
IMG_1340.JPG

SorcererMC

Nobody cares about history anymore. :banghead:

They really don't - not the current Disney company nor many of their fans. It really is the new Disney and this event is rather symbolic of that IMO. I think it's tacky to have it on Walt's birthday, but no one cares about that old dead guy anyway, right? Otherwise, I'm indifferent although I am a Star Wars fan but not a superfan. OTOH, my SW fan kid would much rather see a BB-8 projection than the Death Star.

At least TWDC recognizes that there are limits, and it is only for a special media event/ marketing gimmick.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
They really don't - not the current Disney company nor many of their fans. It really is the new Disney and this event is rather symbolic of that IMO.
It is unfortunate that so many parents lack the ability and/or motivation to acclimate their child to the amazing experiences that Epcot still offers. I do not know what is worse though, their inability, or the excuses they make.

Queue the obtuse parents and take pity on their keyboards as they smash out a defense of their precious snowflakes with as much emotional restraint as Lennie Small is capable of.

Martiyoman

It is unfortunate that so many parents lack the ability and/or motivation to acclimate their child to the amazing experiences that Epcot still offers. I do not know what is worse though, their inability, or the excuses they make.

Queue the obtuse parents and take pity on their keyboards as they smash out a defense of their precious snowflakes with as much emotional restraint as Lennie Small is capable of.
A parent is obtuse/lesser because a theme park is not the venue they choose to teach their children about the world?

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
So I'll edit; a parent is obtuse because they choose the 'wrong' experiences for their child, based on someone else's worldview?
No. I will explain my original post more clearly if it helps.

Epcot will no doubt rapidly become the second Magic Kingdom of the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida. The company has shifted the parks direction to fantasy instead of culture and edutainment due to a combination of their own neglect and the desire for instant gratification by the average (and first time) visitors since most did not experience Epcot when it was being well cared for.

While the park is a shell of its former self, there are still many wonderful experiences to be enjoyed. However, due to the outcry by grown men and woman to have more fantasy and character rides at Epcot with claims of their child being "bored", the company has decided to give them exactly what they want. My original post was to highlight the fact that the "boredom" stems from an improper introduction to a different experience. More of the same, (i.e. another Magic Kingdom) is the quick fix solution so many parents would choose in lieu of taking the time to expose their child to something new (and just maybe educational) while still having fun. Whether their mindset is that they are incapable of doing so, or perhaps they are the type of parents who let their little snowflake (with most likely a made up gluten allergy and on ADD medication) do whatever they want and should always get a trophy, they fail to realize that turning Epcot into a fantasy park is superfluous.

You chose to believe I was proposing that a parent should turn an Epcot visit into a school lesson. I was defending the lines of distinction between separate theme park experiences which work in almost symbiotic fashion in which each park, and its visitors benefit from. But by all means, let the children eat cake and drink soda pop for every meal of the day.

Sonic Sunglasses

Um, DL is getting SWL,

So far not a shovelful of dirt has moved on the east coast version, Hopefully that changes soon and they start moving dirt and erecting steel, Wake me up when that happens...

Yeah, it's like that scene in "Animal House" where Bluto goes on about the Germans bombing Pearl Harbor. Just ignore it. Everyone else does.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom