Just the Little Fixes, Ma'am

Michel Lichand

Original Poster
The rule of the game (if you could call this thread a game) is 'little fixes', by which I mean you can only propose something that could be installed/built over one or two days.

What this means is that the on-stage building time (that is, covering something with tarps so you can work on it) should take, at most, two days. You could propose something that takes several months of off-stage work, but it can only take that long to install it. Here's an idea for example- feel free to share yours.

A New Sign for the Imagination Pavilion
It always felt pretty weird to me that a pavilion centered around creativity and imagination has such a static sign at front. You've probably seen it: it's the one with the Imagination Institute logo in the middle and the name of the attractions around it. And so, I have a proposal for a new sign.

Keeping with the circular motion, the sign is made up of three tiers. The innermost tier is a screen which displays an animation of the Imagination Institute, with the lamp constantly fluttering its wings.

The second tier features the attraction names with the letters making up the names being 'see-through'. Behind this tier is the rest of the first tier screen, except this part changes colors at random (going from white to multicolored and back). These two elements make the names 'pop' and shift colors, as if they're always in animation, like the logo.

With these changes, the new sign looks much more animated and imaginative than just a static sign, and matches the whimsical and wondrous feelings of the skipping fountains and the 'upside down' waterfall.

spacemt354

Chili's
This is a great thread concept @Michel Lichand

My little fix would be a set-list sign in front of The British Revolution stage.

We really enjoy listening to the music in the U.K. Pavilion -- and while we've been there enough to kinda predict which songs will be played at what times, I think it would be nice to have set lists for each show time.

That way if you want to hear a certain song -- you can look up what time that song will be played and see that show, rather than guess what show it will be played at.

DinoInstitute

Very neat thread! This is definitely the type of thing I tend to think about when I'm actually in the parks, but this smaller stuff is harder to think of from home :p
Off the top of my head there's a few dark rides that could get basic plussing just by adding more set pieces where there's nothing there to make it more immersive (like for example fake foliage on the black wall side of the rainforest scene in Living with the Land).
This is fun, I'll be thinking on this one!

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Let's hang some black tarps to block the light that floods in during the backwards section of Expedition Everest. Easy 1 day fix.

Replace the cheap choose your own adventure video on Spaceship earth with a new insprirational video that ties together the themes of the ride and talking about modern and near future communication focusing on how the internet (YouTube, blogs, social media, online gaming, etc). These things being people together, change lives, and inspire millions. The world is truly connected as one big Spaceship Earth. Besides the video add in a spaceship earth model made of inteconected glowing strings in some of the empty space to represent a truly interconnected world. Easy 1 day fix after the video and model is made.

Beauty and the Beast Stage Show: New costumes with moving mouths for all the characters. Easy one day fix.

People mover: New narration throughout ride and projection stuff in dark, empty tunnels. Use the Tomorrowland Transit Authority theme and a tour of the futuristic scifi spaceport.

DinoInstitute

Don't know if this would take only a couple days, but it's a pretty small project idea so I figured I'd share it here- replace the attraction billboards. I'm sure most of you know what I'm talking about, like when on the road towards MK there's the posters for Its Tough To Be A Bug and Mission: Space, and then also the moving Tower of Terror sign. I've always liked seeing fun things like this on the roads, but they are clearly very old and outdated from a specific era, and could be replaced with much cooler signs to add life to the ride through the Disney bubble. Like I could see a cool Pandora sign with bioluminescent lighting at night, or maybe an Expedition Everest sign with a slightly moving Yeti that "grabs" cars coming by (though then again, that one probably wouldn't work ;)). Just fun, somewhat goofy but also pretty neat things like that to make driving through the world even happier!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom