Just the Facts

jt04

Wait! NOw I'm confused. Is the Seven Dwarves Mine Ride still gonna happen or is FLE going back to mega meet-n-greet land?

Yes, both. :lol: My understanding is the m&g's were never considered for elimination. Two of them were scaled back. If you really think about the themes of Aurora and Cindy it isn't a big leap to see where they are going with this.

raven

Wait! NOw I'm confused. Is the Seven Dwarves Mine Ride still gonna happen or is FLE going back to mega meet-n-greet land?

Just to clarify...they're not designing Princess Fairytale Hall with a retrofit for a ride in mind? This is meant to be permanent like Expedition Everest/it's a small world permanent?

Nothing is "permanent" really. But I guess we will have to wait to tell. :wave:

Horizonsfan

Actually the "temporary" princess M&G area will be in the Exposition Hall. The one being put in the old SWSA location, called Princess Fairytale Hall, is designed to be a permanent M&G area for Cinderella and Aurora. Once the princesses move out of Expo Hall that area will be used for other M&G's.

This gives me really conflicted feelings. It is a great concept and is needed. I wonder if they will make it look like HKDL's Royal Banquet Hall, which looks gorgeous. However the capacity of the building is going to go way down just by the nature of M&Gs. I would infer that the Dwarf Mine ride will be at least a modest to high capacity D-ticket or above (otherwise what's the point in ripping out a C-ticket ride and moving the planned M&Gs over?)

Also, there's been no talk of what happened to the PH plot. Is anything going to go there? There definitely space for another C-ticket traditional FL attraction there.

raven

This gives me really conflicted feelings. It is a great concept and is needed. I wonder if they will make it look like HKDL's Royal Banquet Hall, which looks gorgeous. However the capacity of the building is going to go way down just by the nature of M&Gs. I would infer that the Dwarf Mine ride will be at least a modest to high capacity D-ticket or above (otherwise what's the point in ripping out a C-ticket ride and moving the planned M&Gs over?)

Also, there's been no talk of what happened to the PH plot. Is anything going to go there? There definitely space for another C-ticket traditional FL attraction there.

The original FLE plans (including PH) were set and ready to go. When Disney started getting rumblings from guests of it being female heavy they made some modifications. All plots of land for the FLE will be used in the updated plans. Originally Cinderella and Aurora were to have their own M&G areas in the expansion. The rip out of SWSA was a direct result of those rumblings. So be careful what you complain about. :animwink:

jt04

The original FLE plans (including PH) were set and ready to go. When Disney started getting rumblings from guests of it being female heavy they made some modifications. All plots of land for the FLE will be used in the updated plans. Originally Cinderella and Aurora were to have their own M&G areas in the expansion. The rip out of SWSA was a direct result of those rumblings. So be careful what you complain about. :animwink:

:brick:

I think Disney needs to reevaluate how they process those "rumblings". I think they have been snookered big time by a very vocal fanboy community that is largely laughing at them now as they jump through hoops.

But I'd wager if they did honest surveys that are representative of WDW visitors they would find some of the stuff they scaled back on is more desired by families that they seem to think.

Fiasco. :rolleyes:

raven

:brick:

I think Disney needs to reevaluate how they process those "rumblings". I think they have been snookered big time by a very vocal fanboy community that is largely laughing at them now as they jump through hoops.

But I'd wager if they did honest surveys that are representative of WDW visitors they would find some of the stuff they scaled back on is more desired by families that they seem to think.

Well I'm sure that if they listened to everything then the Hat and LAL stones would be gone by now. They have appropriate ways of evaluating these such things.

jt04

Well I'm sure that if they listened to everything then the Hat and LAL stones would be gone by now. They have appropriate ways of evaluating these such things.

It is funny but the PI people say Disney did not do proper surveys either before they closed the clubs.

I'm glad they don't just rely on internet forum rants. :lol:

RSoxNo1

Actually the "temporary" princess M&G area will be in the Exposition Hall. The one being put in the old SWSA location, called Princess Fairytale Hall, is designed to be a permanent M&G area for Cinderella and Aurora. Once the princesses move out of Expo Hall that area will be used for other M&G's.

Just to clarify...they're not designing Princess Fairytale Hall with a retrofit for a ride in mind? This is meant to be permanent like Expedition Everest/it's a small world permanent?

My understanding is that they are designing the Princess Meet and Greet area for SWSA, but that location is not necessarily "permanent"

Horizonsfan

I'm well aware of the turmoil that's been going on, and it's good to know that all available space will be used (thanks for that info raven). I'm not complaining about SWSA going away I was just trying to figure out if the :lookarounDwarf mine:lookaroun ride going where M&Gs were supposed to be is going to be on a grander scale and/or higher capacity than SWSA. There have been multiple mentions of using a coaster train and track however that doesn't mean anything in way of quality or capacity :)wave: barnstormer). Just curious as to the scope of the replacement from a show and operations, not thrill, standpoint. There's not really much they could do with FLE at this point that would bother me greatly.

raven

It is funny but the PI people say Disney did not do proper surveys either before they closed the clubs.

The closure of PI was a given. It didn't matter what surveys said because the reasons were made loud and clear to TDO.

lazyboy97o

The problem is that Disney has a very long history of not doing honest surveys. Research at The Walt Disney Company is built around trying to prove a desired outcome.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
The problem is that Disney has a very long history of not doing honest surveys. Research at The Walt Disney Company is built around trying to prove a desired outcome.

In their defense, the same can be said about many companies. A lot of times research is done by outside vendors trying to sell a product.

IWant2GoNow

Original Poster

Great question! I hope someone can answer. Even if it is vague and littered with small hints. :animwink:

raven

Quoted myself! :lol:

Just found out another name being tossed around for it called Princess Fantasy Fair. But it's still early in the game to nail down an exact name just yet.

jt04

Just found out another name being tossed around for it called Princess Fantasy Fair. But it's still early in the game to nail down an exact name just yet.

I was thinking that was just a working title for the building that also served to throw us off the scent.

I'm guessing we are still talking about 2 m&gs with seperate entrances. 1 located within the castle walls and one outside the walls. The queue may well be split and completely seperated. Just guessing.

I'm liking this especially with the unlimited new potential of the FLE 'island' depicted in the artist rendering.

I'm not joking that they could create a potter swatter with this. The possibilities are mind boggling.:dazzle:

Horizonsfan

Can't believe they are contemplating using "fair" in anything FLE related considering how hysterical some of us fans get when somebody mentions MTTF.:lol: I would think they would ban that word from FLE nomenclature.

IMO, the first name is sounds a lot more elegant and intriguing.

How much of SWSA's building will they use? It's a fairly good size building not huge though. that could house a good number of characters/princesses, I would think.

tirian

Add me to the tiny list of people who wanted both the elaborate M&Gs and a new attraction replacing PH.

The M&Gs were not bumped simply because of their girlishness. Several smart people realized the guest cycle times would be outrageously unacceptable.

Great question! I hope someone can answer. Even if it is vague and littered with small hints.
I believe, as a conclusion from the information on this site, nothing is currently planned for the plot. I believe the plot is in the northeast of the area.

I also believe that Pixie Hollow is happening, but not on the scale of the original plans; more like the one at Disneyland in CA. I hope it's outdoors!

Can any insiders confirm/deny the above?

But what I want to know is this a totally new roof?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom