Just passed ROFR! Now estoppel...

piglet21

Original Poster
Hi Everyone,

Our AKV contract just passed ROFR yesterday!! I was wondering if anyone knew how long it was taking Disney to send over estoppel paperwork recently. I've heard horror stories and when our resale company first talked with us they said 7-14 days and in our most recent communication they were estimating 30 days. Just wondering if anyone's had recent experiences with estoppel that they could share! This is our first DVC contract and we're very excited to *almost* be DVC owners!! Thanks!

lostpro9het

Hi Everyone,

Our AKV contract just passed ROFR yesterday!! I was wondering if anyone knew how long it was taking Disney to send over estoppel paperwork recently. I've heard horror stories and when our resale company first talked with us they said 7-14 days and in our most recent communication they were estimating 30 days. Just wondering if anyone's had recent experiences with estoppel that they could share! This is our first DVC contract and we're very excited to *almost* be DVC owners!! Thanks!
Congrats!! Great choice. We're new owners too and purchased twice over the last few months:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/aaaaaaaand-were-in.897980/

piglet21

Original Poster
Congrats!! Great choice. We're new owners too and purchased twice over the last few months:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/aaaaaaaand-were-in.897980/

@piglet21 I forgot my manners, congrats on that step and welcome to the Club.....almost. @lostpro9het and I will teach you the secret handshake when you get your Member number.

Thank you both!! Looking forward to learning the secret handshake hahaha. I'm thinking it's going to be a full month for estoppel but I wish it was less! We're hoping to be able to book our first DVC reservation for our honeymoon December 15-23 so we're anxious to get our member number!

piglet21

Original Poster
Just received our closing documents today! One step closer!! So far our timeline has been:
January 27 - offer made and accepted
February 22 - passed ROFR
March 10 - received closing documents

piglet21

Original Poster
Just received our closing documents today! One step closer!! So far our timeline has been:
January 27 - offer made and accepted
February 22 - passed ROFR
March 10 - received closing documents

Just notified that we officially closed Friday, 3/18! It's now in Disney's hands for transfer... so close :D

piglet21

Original Poster
We got our member number in the mail today!! Set up our online account and we are officially booked! Phase 2 of our honeymoon: Dec 15-23 in a Savannah view studio at Jambo! It felt awesome booking our first DVC stay :cool:
Final timeline:
Jan. 27 - Offer made & accepted
Feb. 22 - Disney waived ROFR
Mar. 10 - Closing documents received
Mar. 17 - Contract Closed, Deed recorded
April 4 - Received member number & booked first stay!

lostpro9het

We got our member number in the mail today!! Set up our online account and we are officially booked! Phase 2 of our honeymoon: Dec 15-23 in a Savannah view studio at Jambo! It felt awesome booking our first DVC stay :cool:!

10403123_10100407991678712_4779546202234133808_n.jpg

(this picture was taken TODAY!)

Congrats! We'll be right next door at Kidani at the same time!

Crown&roser

We got our member number in the mail today!! Set up our online account and we are officially booked! Phase 2 of our honeymoon: Dec 15-23 in a Savannah view studio at Jambo! It felt awesome booking our first DVC stay :cool:
Final timeline:
Jan. 27 - Offer made & accepted
Feb. 22 - Disney waived ROFR
Mar. 10 - Closing documents received
Mar. 17 - Contract Closed, Deed recorded
April 4 - Received member number & booked first stay!

Congratulations!

And thanks for the timeline, we closed on the 4/15 and would love to get our member number in two weeks like you did! Have a great trip!!

piglet21

Original Poster
Congratulations!

And thanks for the timeline, we closed on the 4/15 and would love to get our member number in two weeks like you did! Have a great trip!!
Congratulations!! I think waiting for the member number was the worst part (even worse than ROFR)! Hopefully you'll get yours soon :)

Hi Everyone,

Congrats! We are also in the process of purchasing AKV resale. Here is what our timeline has been like:

2/24/16- put in offer and realtor sent us contract for us to sign
3/23/16- passed ROFR
4/14/17 - deed recorded and file closed; paperwork sent to Disney

Today we called DVC Member services to check in on when we should expect our membership info and they told us it had shipped out on 4/25. We have been compulsively checking the mailbox all day. Maybe tomorrow. :)

piglet21

Original Poster
Congrats! We are also in the process of purchasing AKV resale. Here is what our timeline has been like:

2/24/16- put in offer and realtor sent us contract for us to sign
3/23/16- passed ROFR
4/14/17 - deed recorded and file closed; paperwork sent to Disney

Today we called DVC Member services to check in on when we should expect our membership info and they told us it had shipped out on 4/25. We have been compulsively checking the mailbox all day. Maybe tomorrow. :)
That's so exciting!!I hope you get it tomorrow :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom