Just Got Back

Nate_offroad

Original Poster
Seriously just walked in the door. We did a short trip this time, we were in the parks Saturday 12/4 and Sunday 12/5.

The bad first : HORRIBLE wait times at both Test Track (60 min) and Soarin (90 min) and Pirates of The Caribbean (45 min) and Space Mountain; (80+ min) - It broke down for about 20 minutes rught when we were about to get on. But, I have to say that was my first time riding Soarin and it was definitely worth the wait.

Expedition Everest was awesome. Got a fast pass with a 20 - 25 minute wait, went over to ride Dinosaur and then rode Everest and the got off, ran over and took another fast pass with about a 45 minute wait. And did It's Tough To Be A Bug while waiting to ride.

The Good : Kilimanjaro Safari, Space Ship Earth, Mission Space (Rode noon -afternoon) all were 10min - 15 min waits. Rockin" Rollarcoaster and Tower of Terror (Rode Morning) were also about 10 - 20 minute waits

MVMCP Sunday night was absolutely fantasic. Got there a little late( 8:10pm ) due to the long wait @ Boma (More on that in a second). Watched the first parade at 8:30pm. Aweosme Awesome Parade. Went and rode Big Thunder Mountain Railroad x2, Haunted Mansion, Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin, Monsters Inc Laugh Floor, It's A Small World all with maybe 5 - 10 minute waits.

First time eating with boma, and it was so so good. I'm sad to be home but, can't wait to return .

Mukta

I'm so glad you enjoyed Boma. I love that place.

I'm surprised to hear about the waits at Epcot. Was that first thing in the morning?

Sounds like a great trip! Where did you stay?

ABigBrassBand

I'll be taking a small trip (7th-9th), and we'll only have one entire day in the parks :(, but two half-days.

Good luck with the post-WDW depression, haha...glad you had a great time!

Nate_offroad

Original Poster
The waits at Epcot were around noon-ish. It was horrible. But overall the waits were not bad. The only other complaint would be we stayed at the holiday inn on hotel blvd, and the shuttle service was slow. MK/DHS ran together and EC/AK ran together, and of course they did not run to any of the Disney hotels. So the night we had dinner at Boma we just caught the bus to epcot ( that was the first one that came ) and then transfered onto the Disney Shuttle that ran to AKL.

So our next trip we will be staying on property again. Although the holiday inn was really nice and clean and only like $79 a night. Not bad at all.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I was at MK on 12/4 (looks like you were at Epcot) and the crowds were massive there as well. I mostly go at low season (Early Sept), so the major crowds were a shock to me. Someone on here equated it to a typical summer weekend, but I have no frame of reference on that due to hazy childhood memories where I can remember the rides, and not the lines. It was hard to walk around due to the masses, I turned around to get a FP and lost my wife and kid for 5-10 minutes, and getting out of the park was a nightmare (of course, that is more to do with the fact that we were trying like heck to get out just before the MSEP). The rest of the previous week was pretty good crowd-wise though.

Nate_offroad

Original Poster
Saturday 12/4

::Morning::

We started out @ Hollywood Studios. First headed over to Toy Story Mania no later than 9:30 am and got fastpasses and they were already for 2:55pm. Like I said before Tower of Terror and Rockin Rollarcoaster were both pretty much walk on with maybe 15 minute wait max. The girlfriend wanted to do The Little Mermaid, I had never done it so I gave in. We waited 20 minutes to meet Pooh and Pigglet.

::Morning - Afternoon::

Went over to Epcot. Met up with her Aunt and Uncle that were there at the World Showcase. Walked over to America and ate at Liberty Tree Tavern. Then went and rode Test Track ( That was the Super Long Stand By Weight ). Mission Space, Spaceship Earth, Journey into Imagination, & The Seas with Nemo and Friends were maybe 5 - 10 minute waits. We debated on waiting the 90 minutes for Soarin but we did (Super long wait but one of my new favorite rides at Disney). Then walked out of the park and rode the monorail to Magic Kingdom.

::Afternoon - Night::

Got to Magic Kingdom and it was packed ! ! Bumping into everyone in sight. Waited in line for Pirates of the Caribbean ( 30 minutes), longest I've ever waited on it. The Haunted Mansion was also about a ( 30 - 45 minute wait ). Made a bad decision to stand by for Space Mountain, and we ended up waiting a good hour 80 - 100 minutes with it breaking down.

Again overall a great trip. Just wish we would have rode Toy Story Mania. We opted out of the fastpasses we had got b/c we knew we were only going to be in the parks for two days and we did want to stay at Hollywood Studios untill 3:30

Wow, I went that week after Thanksgiving 2 years in a row 2 & 3 years ago and the crowds were non-existant. I guess it got out that that was a great time of the year to go.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom