Just got back from a week at Universal and the service is awful!!

The parking complaint, that isn't Universal's fault? Obviously if it was 2 cars parked in the 4 spots, that was the kid's fault and not the park's....they might not have known. Also, there were probably hundreds of people trying to get ice and stuff with the power outage and the employees were told not to give it away...the employee was just doing their job. But I do agree that they should have given ice and water away considering that it was so hot outside. And can you honestly tell me that everytime a ride breaks down at Disney, they give you the correct amount of time it will take to fix it? It seems like you were a little bit impatient with the park from the very beginning...and calling the employee a 'hootchie' is really inappropriate

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Im watching two grown adults riding the ride above my head , every 5 min I see two grown adults over my head .. I was not complaining I dont care but there were in fact pairs of adults pointing up at pairs af adults riding the ride as they are being told " That's not possible! " and thier responce was " Look right up there ! " Do you wanna ask your self if they were at Disney would they run up and stop it right away ? I forgot to mention there were Universal execs monitering the ride at the load point as well..I was told that when my family finally returned from the ride and I told his mother what I was witnessing for the last hour..Sorry I forgot that little tid bit to my experience at universal..Also this might be a ride to avoid if you go to universal !! Maximum heights on kids .. Maybe you wanna wieght the people before they get on the ride if the ride is so percise ..who should be loading the ride carnival weight guessers ... cause a overwieght short kid might bring the ride down ? I don't like hanging in the air thats why I skipped the ride by the way.
I'm pretty sure as long as there is someone in your party under that height everyone can ride. Not exactly sure why it's like that, but there must be a reason.

cmatt

=ahhh one less person to get in my way as i enjoy universal ;)

never had a problem, never will - same with disney parks. Guess im easily pleased :)

the flying ride is probably more to do with that area being kid friendly.... and also i'd also imagine it is weight distribution.... dont particularly have a desire to ride that tbh, especially when there are better rides at that park.

I think someone genuinely telling you they dont know when a ride will be back up - is actually better service then *yeh giver it urr... 23 mins*. How annoied would you be if they gave a time frame and you turned up again and it was still down?

Ice is a bit poor show i'll have to admit. But the rest of your experiences is probably the same no matter where you are or what you are doing.

Car park? well tbh - again no matter where you are in the world there will ALWAYS be some inconsiderate *insert expletive* that will do something like that. Not a universal problem, they cant babysit EVERY car in the car park.

I pressume you were looking for a problem before you went. and found it, which is a shame if you went into a place like that. As you have ruined your own trip, and got worked up for nothing.

What you said to that cm was disrespectful and rude. No wonder you got a negative response....

bobjl527

I agree that Universal employees are not sprinkled with pixie dust like Disney employees, but I enjoy Universal very much and always set aside a couple of days on our trip for them. The majority of employees are young and I expect the customer service not to be perfect, but I have never had a major problem with them. My wife and I fell in love with HHN's and now plan our trips down to coincide with it. Don't get me wrong, I love WDW more than anything else, but it is nice to get away from Disney for a couple of days. So sorry you had such an awful experience.

beachclubbasics

Nice of you to call the food service girl a hootchie (I can only imagine what was said to her face). Maybe your attitude is why the Universal employees gavce les than stellar service? From what I hear, they don't threaten them with their jobs if they don't take crap from inconsiderate guests like WDW does.

As far as not being allowed to give you ice..that's an insurance and liability issue. Because there is no electricity, there is also no refrigeration or water filtration. even if the ice were made before the electricity went out, if they had given your child water or ice and he/she became ill, you could sue universal...and win. And they would either lose their insurance or the rates would be jacked up outrageously.

I am taking my first trip to Universal next summer (our first non-WDW trip). This year we ran into several rude CMs at WDW. In one case, a parking CM wouldn't let us go to a non-filled handicapped area (which is against the law) and after they sent me out of the parking lot and around three times and wasted an hour of my time,a parking manager had to intervene. Howver, I have found that, bu far, the rudest people at WDW are some of the the fanatic WDW guests.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom