Just back from a week at Yacht Club-Thoughts!

riogirl

Original Poster
We just returned from a week at the Yacht Club and I wanted to share some observations.

We usually stay at the Wilderness Lodge but always wanted to try an Epcot resort-Yacht/Beach Club for the pool really.

The pool is amazing-love everything about it! Big enough that if you want games, kid time, slide time, lazy river or just relaxing- there is a spot for all of it. Sand bottom is amazing and sooo fun to feel for the first time! Only complaint (and this is for a lot of Disney resorts) why such a SMALL quick service spot for 2 big resorts? Only ONE mug refill station at this spot also. We happened to be there when the crowds were very low-thank goodness-but I cannot imagine how long the lines would be in peak season just to refill your mug! The Yacht Club also had no quick service inside the resort so it was a little walk in the morning to the Beach Club...not bad but again one small quick service for these 2 very large resorts baffles my mind.

The room was very nice-I was getting nervous after reading how some people thought they needed an update- I was pleasantly surprised-super clean, excellent size and plenty of room to put things down like on the tables, bureaus...very nice! Only update I think is to change the carpet in the foyer/sink area to laminate/tile like the WL has done...it feels cleaner IMO, but overall I really enjoyed the comfort of the room.

If I was to return to the Yacht/Beach Club I probably would try the beach club side for a couple of reasons:
1. Lobby is brighter, more cheerful and busier I guess due to the Cape May Café.
2. Marketplace being more convenient.
3. A little closer to Epcot.

belledream

I agree with your sentiments! The sand in the pool is quite amazing and we used to spend hours just loitering around a certain area of the pool playing with it. Yacht Club's lobby gives off a more formal/classy atmosphere with all the dark colors and wooden cabinets with the nautical displays, while Beach Club's is more colorful and relaxing. I love both!

Sans Souci

We felt the opposite when comparing the BC to the YC. The YC lobby is peaceful, whereas the BC lobby was very loud, congested, and seemed very hectic. I like to have laid back mornings, so this is a turn off for me.

I agree. I have only stayed on the BC side, but have visited the YC side many times. I feel like BC nets a lot of families (perhaps because of DVC & Cape May Cafe) and YC sees a lot of convention groups. But I could stay at either one and be happy. I just like the resorts at Crescent Lake, overall. :)

LAM378

Consider me baffled, as well. The only thing I dislike about Y&BC is the lack of quick service. I don't mind the walk from YC to the Beach Club Marketplace, but I don't think the offerings are that great, and the food prep is excruciatingly slow. I also agree that Hurricane Hanna's needs a few more beverage machines. There were no lines when I stayed in May, but earlier this month the lines for soda were just ridiculous. I have a soft spot for Captain's Grille, but if it were up to me, I'd dedicate half its space to a decent QS.

acrab3t

BC is my DH's favorite resort. We had a room close to the lobby last time so it was a bit noisy. Loved Cape May! It was a short walk from our room. Our favorite restaurant for a steak is Yachtsman. BC could have used a little TLC in the hallways but our room was clean and spacious. Staff was pleasant too. Not much of a difference between BC and YC except decor. I preferred the selection at the YC giftshop but BC had a quick service. That was good for a late night hot chocolate or early morning coffee. Storm along Bay was the best pool on propery hands down! I even tried the slide! DS spent hours sliding. The sandy bottom feels good on tired feet and the hot tub is good for soar muscles. The laundry is located near the quiet pool so you can get a load done and relax at the same time.

NeedMoreMickey

Trying the Yacht Club for the first time in 20 days. We usually stay at BC or BCV but we always make a trip over to the shop in YC, they have a different selection than BC.

riogirl

Original Poster
Consider me baffled, as well. The only thing I dislike about Y&BC is the lack of quick service. I don't mind the walk from YC to the Beach Club Marketplace, but I don't think the offerings are that great, and the food prep is excruciatingly slow. I also agree that Hurricane Hanna's needs a few more beverage machines. There were no lines when I stayed in May, but earlier this month the lines for soda were just ridiculous. I have a soft spot for Captain's Grille, but if it were up to me, I'd dedicate half its space to a decent QS.

YES that is an excellent idea! The walk to Marketplace is not bad but how much more convenient for a quick service inside the YC?? Also the size of all quick service in the resorts is way too small!

coachwnh

We felt the opposite when comparing the BC to the YC. The YC lobby is peaceful, whereas the BC lobby was very loud, congested, and seemed very hectic. I like to have laid back mornings, so this is a turn off for me.
Agree with you. We have stayed at BC once, and YC many times for the same reason you mentioned. Its too loud and busy on the YC side. We enjoyed the YC for Christmas the last two years and even on Christmas Eve with characters and Santa, the lobby was never busy. We loved it! The walk is really only about a minute further then BC to Epcot. Its a short 10-15 minute walk from either to HS as well. I guess its just a preference, but we definitely like the YC side better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom