just a little something to everyone laugh

steviej

Original Poster
My 7 year old nephew and I were talking about disney cartoons the other day. We got to talking about pirates of the caribbean when all of a sudden he asked me "Uncle Steven, what was Captain Hook's name before he had a hook for a hand?" I had no answer and I still don't!

Aurora_25

Have you read Peter and the Starcatchers? (I think I spelled that right) it actually had a different name for Captain Hook- I just can't remember it at the moment- I will try and find it for you :)

So cute though!!

Edited to say this: Black Stache, a fearsome pirate who commands a villainous crew- That was Dave Barry's name for Captain Hook before he got a hook- Sorry couldn't help myself :) :lol:

CoffeeJedi

according to J. M. Barrie, by way of the great and powerfull wiki:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Hook

"Hook was not his true name. To reveal who he really was would even at this date set the country in a blaze."

come on now, if you have a question, you either a) google it, or b) wiki it

i will admit to these two services taking the mystery out of life somewhat.........

JKovach

Account Suspended
Aurora_25 said:
Have you read Peter and the Starcatchers? (I think I spelled that right) it actually had a different name for Captain Hook- I just can't remember it at the moment- I will try and find it for you :)

So cute though!!

Edited to say this: Black Stache, a fearsome pirate who commands a villainous crew- That was Dave Barry's name for Captain Hook before he got a hook- Sorry couldn't help myself :) :lol:

Black Stache

thats his name in the book

As for the story itself... its original creation did not have any meaningful background information on any of its characters, especially Captain Hook, he was simply created for the purpose of villian and his name given for the irony that he had a hook for a hand... I think the actual attempt was for it to be a coincidence... like, his was born and raised as say... Phil Hook, or... David Hook... and its all ironic that he ended up having a hook for a hand... (obviously not very convincing, but... again there's no background information, so i think the original creator just was happy settling on that)

Just my thoughts on it, but Black Stache is his name in that book

PurpleDragon

I thought his name was Captain Stumpy. :p

Or maybe Captain Nub.:brick:

Or how about Captain NoHand. :hammer:

:lookaroun Ok sorry, I'm done now. :D

artdude323

But what was his name in the digital version? I used to have the reference, but I can't put my finger on it.:hurl:

Sorry, don't keelhaul me for that.

Anyway, since Disney has bought the rights to Peter and the Starcatchers as the story they'll use as the prequel to Peter Pan, I'd go with Black Stache.

KevinPage

Erika said:
:lol: That's precious. I hate when they stump you like that... it's the old Deer in Headlights :eek:

Erika,

I have a challenge for you: find 1 picture of your hubby not smiling ear to ear. :lol: He sure is one happy dude by all accounts :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom