June trip advice

blobula

My family is planning a return to Disney in 2020 and we were thinking of going in June. Would it be best to go the first week of June (i.e 2nd - 10th) or go later in the month?

Also, we'd be flying with 2 kids (4 and 6) and a baby (10 months at the time of flying). We've flown with the older kids before and I'm not worried about that. However, we have never flown with a a baby. Any advice in regards to packing and what to take on the plane for our stay? A stroller and carseat can be left at the entrance to the plane which they will then store?

Thank you!

blobula

Original Poster
Thank you all for the advice concerning flying with a little one.

What does everyone think of this schedule? We are open to playing it by ear but wanted to have a form of a plan.

With a little one I doubt we will make the EMH hours, but perhaps if the grandparents watch the baby the rest of us can make it. So that is why I scheduled Magic Kingdom on those days.

Considering one character meal (listed several different restaurants in my schedule for consideration). Last year we did Tratoria al Forno for the Tangled characters. This year I'd like to do something different. Recommendations? I have a girl age 7 and boy age 4. They don't eat a lot so I'm hesistant to do a character meal. I understand it's about the experience and characters for them.

Also, considering a date night with my wife. Last year we did Narcosses and watched the fireworks from the deck at the restaraunt which was very nice. I think we will return, but was also considering California Grill which offer a view of FIreworks. The Grand Floridian seems more romantic to me.

6/2/2020
Arrive from STL airport 12:34pm. Take Magical Express to POFQ.
Where to eat? Sanaa?
Swim.

6/3/2020
Magic Kingdom - EMH 10:00PM - 12:00PM

6/4/2020
Hollywood Studios

6/5/2020
Magic Kingdom - Villains Party at night 10:00PM - 1:00AM
Character Breakfast or Lunch?

6/6/2020
Animal Kingdom - EMH 8:00AM - 9:00AM
Boma?

6/7/2020
Chill day/Disney Springs/pool

6/8/2020
Epcot
Character meal? Akershus?

6/9/2020
Magic Kingdom

6/10/2020
Chill day/leave at 4:30PM

Thank you!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Disneyhead'71

I don't have much advice about flying with babies (it's been 20 years since I flew with babies), but one thing I would recommend is to have a couple of bottles for the flight. The pressurization of the plane can hurt a baby's ears. Sucking on a bottle helps (more than a paci). Similar to adults who chew gum for the same reason. Having some Dum-Dum Suckers for the 4 and 7 year olds would probably not hurt either.

I do know A LOT about being outside in FL in June. It is going to be impressively hot. Only Microfiber from head to toe for everyone. Big floppy hats and long sleeves and pants and no flip flops/sandals. I know that long sleeves/pants and no sandals sounds counter intuitive for the heat, but wearing microfiber elastic waist long pants and long sleeves is WAY more comfortable than sunburnt arms, calves, and the tops of the feet. And way easier than trying to slather the kids in sunscreen every 2 hours or so. Florida in Summer isn't a fashion show. It's about not being miserable. Sun burns are the #1 killer of FL Vacations. I cannot express enough how important avoiding sun burn is. 20 mins of unprotected exposure to the FL sun is enough to ruin a whole vacation. There is NO SPF lotion that will really protect you and the kids. And the great thing about Microfiber, is if you get too hot, you can just dump a cup of water over your head and be dry in 15 mins. And when I say Microfiber from head to toe, I mean underwear and all. No cotton.

Upvote 0

correcaminos

Like I said most are approved and like you said it's only your opinion.
I was just stating the facts...

So really if anything you should be recommending something like a CARES harness so the baby can be seated in the actual plane seat not a car seat.
Actually I said harness for older kids. CARES is fine but not for infants. They need to be 22 pounds and 1 year old for it. A 10 month old shouldn't use it. That is not an opinion either.

When @helenabear says double clothing, that means CARRY two extra outfits in the plane with you.
I meant everywhere actually. Even a messy feeding can warrant a change. Always have a backup. Having extra clean clothes is important.

As for the schedule, with 3 litte ones it will be harder to travel between resorts. I'd do DS over AKL for tired first day travels. All kids vary but ours could never make it past 9 or 10 pm. A 1am to EMH the next day could be neural

Upvote 0

Lilofan

Disney is a big supporter of the LGTBQ community and the first week of June is Orlando Gay Days and these guests have a great time at WDW. Just as a heads up.

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Disney is a big supporter of the LGTBQ community and the first week of June is Orlando Gay Days and these guests have a great time at WDW. Just as a heads up.
In 2019 it was held in August. Do you have the 2020 dates?
ETA I looked it up and yep its returning to June in 2020. I went during gay days once and it wasnt any busier than usual so I guess I just dont even worry about it.

Upvote 0

crawale

My family is planning a return to Disney in 2020 and we were thinking of going in June. Would it be best to go the first week of June (i.e 2nd - 10th) or go later in the month?

Also, we'd be flying with 2 kids (4 and 6) and a baby (10 months at the time of flying). We've flown with the older kids before and I'm not worried about that. However, we have never flown with a a baby. Any advice in regards to packing and what to take on the plane for our stay? A stroller and carseat can be left at the entrance to the plane which they will then store?

Thank you!
Hurricane season starts June 1st. However hurricanes usually occur from mid June onward so the earlier you go the better.

Upvote 0

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
Trip booked for June 2, 2020 - June 8, 2020. Arriving at noon on the 2nd to POFQ for the duration of the stay.

Now begins the planning of what park and what dining reservations to make.
We will be there June 6 -13. Good Luck and I think you made the right decision (1) early June and (2) on property. French Quarter is a wonderful Moderate and is small (less to navagate and only one bus stop). Great Choice:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom