Trip Report July 2017 leaving tomorrow and It's over too soon!!

Hi everyone, So today is our last day and I wanted to share a few thoughts in my first trip report. Aside from being over way too fast, here are some highlights.

We arrived July 17 and I've never seen so much rain at WDW. Usually you can count on a downpour every afternoon but these have been during the dinner hours with some heavy duty lightening. Our resort, Boardwalk Villas was hit by lightening on Tuesday and briefly lost power. We weren't too disappointed because we were stuck at TSM Waiting it out. This was the first time booking the Early Morning Magic experience at Magic Kingdom. It was $69 pp plus tax for entry into MK at 7:45 and unlimited rides on 7DMT, Peter Pan, and Pooh. The park doesn't open until 9 on days the tour is running so the park is empty other than guests with breakfast reservations, but they aren't allowed on Mine Train until 9. There is also a pretty decent buffet breakfast included with eggs, frittata, bacon, sausage, potatoes, pastry, fruit, and beverages. The buffet is accessible until 10:00 so we rode and ran in at 9:45 for breakfast. If you're not a huge fan of one of these rides, it may not be for you. We ran to Splash and Thunder right at rope drop to get those in before breakfast. I thought it was worth it and rode 7DMT enough that I wasn't compelled to ride it again all week. The buses start at 6:15 a.m. in case anyone was wondering you have plenty of time to get to the park. We were alone on the bus. There's a first time for everything!! Btw I didn't have any FP that morning we saved them for HS that night and managed 7 rides on Mine Train, once on Peter Pan, Thunder, Splash, Space, Buzz, and Haunted Mansion with little wait time (20 minutes or less). I will dig out some picture and she details of the Animal Kingdom's Savor the Savannah tour in my next post. The tour was fantastic.

Shane7694

Hi everyone, So today is our last day and I wanted to share a few thoughts in my first trip report. Aside from being over way too fast, here are some highlights.

We arrived July 17 and I've never seen so much rain at WDW. Usually you can count on a downpour every afternoon but these have been during the dinner hours with some heavy duty lightening. Our resort, Boardwalk Villas was hit by lightening on Tuesday and briefly lost power. We weren't too disappointed because we were stuck at TSM Waiting it out. This was the first time booking the Early Morning Magic experience at Magic Kingdom. It was $69 pp plus tax for entry into MK at 7:45 and unlimited rides on 7DMT, Peter Pan, and Pooh. The park doesn't open until 9 on days the tour is running so the park is empty other than guests with breakfast reservations, but they aren't allowed on Mine Train until 9. There is also a pretty decent buffet breakfast included with eggs, frittata, bacon, sausage, potatoes, pastry, fruit, and beverages. The buffet is accessible until 10:00 so we rode and ran in at 9:45 for breakfast. If you're not a huge fan of one of these rides, it may not be for you. We ran to Splash and Thunder right at rope drop to get those in before breakfast. I thought it was worth it and rode 7DMT enough that I wasn't compelled to ride it again all week. The buses start at 6:15 a.m. in case anyone was wondering you have plenty of time to get to the park. We were alone on the bus. There's a first time for everything!! Btw I didn't have any FP that morning we saved them for HS that night and managed 7 rides on Mine Train, once on Peter Pan, Thunder, Splash, Space, Buzz, and Haunted Mansion with little wait time (20 minutes or less). I will dig out some picture and she details of the Animal Kingdom's Savor the Savannah tour in my next post. The tour was fantastic.

We were at the Boardwalk when it happened.. It was an insane lightning strike.. I also agree, it hasn't rained this much on any of my trips as well...

Dis All Day

Original Poster
We were at the Boardwalk when it happened.. It was an insane lightning strike.. I also agree, it hasn't rained this much on any of my trips as well...
I was just about to make a run for it when that strike happened and decided to hang out and wait it was HUGE.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom