Juan's Multi-park update with important SM news!

Expo_Seeker40

I don't want on board audio. ( :eek:) and if they did replace the whole track, then how would it look any different. It could have been a different color and all they had to do was spray everything grey again. We really don't know whether they did or didn't because almost everything except for the lifthill is hidden.

I'm just trying to stay satisfied with a cosmetically refurbished attraction, queue, and hopefully darker experience with the boarding rooms finally being covered over.

EPCOTPluto

-I do have a pic of what could be the first piece of construction equipment in FL.
Which would be? :lookaroun:D

-Biggest news of all: Space Mountain refurbishment is bigger than what sources here have been saying! It won't be as noticeable to the average guest, but it is accomplishing what many of us wanted from the start and it's BIG (not on-ride audio, but bigger)!!!:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:
There's a reason it's been taking so long for the refurbishment and why the TTA needed to be closed.
The first thing I thought of was the track replacement. And the new post-show and the new paint job on the cars. :lookaroun

I would think something more smoother than the bumpiness of the track prefurb. :lookaroun

-Backlot Tour will be going into rehab sometime in the future. The Catastrophe Canyon truck will be getting extra love during this rehab.
Interesting. Anything else will occur in this refurb if that's the case?

jt04

He's basically saying the entire track has been replaced.

He has said no such thing. He is hinting at nothing.

Maybe you could quote where he says that.

The op recounts the latest rumors and then hints he knows something new about SM but does not say what it is.

:shrug:

SirGoofy

He has said no such thing. He is hinting at nothing.

Maybe you could quote where he says that.

The op recounts the latest rumors and then hints he knows something new about SM but does not say what it is.

When I asked about complete track replacement I got a

:lookaroun:zipit::lookaroun

as a response meaning "I can't talk about it."

the-reason14

Ok so, if they are doing a track replacement, how is it going to open in November? Is it safe to say that you guys were right and that it will be opening sometime next year and disney just said Nov. because they didnt want people to cancel bookings? If all of this is true, I am both upset and happy. I wont be going to WDW with it closed, but if they are making it better and will have it open by atleast Jan. than I wont be that upset.

Lee

Adventurer
Juan...if you know something....say it.
No names need be mentioned, but info like that needs to get out.

Going back months, I have said that I was told that there was to be "significant" track replacement, keeping the original layout. That the order for new steel went out a long time ago. That is the info I got as far back as last summer.

However, doubts have arisen as of late that in fact the track would not be replaced, but instead there would be some localized work on it that would result in a smoother ride.
Anybody seen any track going in or out of the Mountain? It would be hard to miss, and would have to be kept in a staging area on property. Anybody even heard of it actually being done?
Nope. Me neither. I haven't seen/heard any significant details or juicy dirt since getting the original information due to a serioius (and annoying)lockdown on leaks regarding the project.

So....Juan...if you have something to contribute, please do so. And no...:zipit: doesn't count.

Kiff

Could it be there was a track replacement without replacing the supports? There by smoothing the ride out, but still restricting the addition of on-board audio?

Lee

Adventurer
Could it be there was a track replacement without replacing the supports? There by smoothing the ride out, but still restricting the addition of on-board audio?

Yes. That is what the most recent information was. New track, using the existing, but modified, supports. Audio would be possible in the future, but not part of this refurb.

magicmaya

-Biggest news of all: Space Mountain refurbishment is bigger than what sources here have been saying! It won't be as noticeable to the average guest, but it is accomplishing what many of us wanted from the start and it's BIG (not on-ride audio, but bigger)!!!:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:
There's a reason it's been taking so long for the refurbishment and why the TTA needed to be closed.

!

:eek::eek::eek:
:sohappy:

disreport

We keep talking about smoothing out the track. Is this something that is known to occur with tubular steel coasters? Unless we are talking about smoothing banking transitions. Just don't think we gonna see much of a ride improvement without new train designs / new tracking. BTW, think SM is rough? Try Matterhorn. Good grief...

lazyboy97o

Anybody seen any track going in or out of the Mountain? It would be hard to miss, and would have to be kept in a staging area on property. Anybody even heard of it actually being done?
Nope. Me neither. I haven't seen/heard any significant details or juicy dirt since getting the original information due to a serioius (and annoying)lockdown on leaks regarding the project.
Almost every roller coaster project in this country is exposed by the finding and photography of track, whether it be at the manufacturing facility, on the road or, more likely, at the park itself. I know there is a lot of space to hide things, but absolutely nothing, not even reports of seeing track, just seems odd if indeed there were significant portions of track replaced.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom