Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

RadiatorSpringsRacer

That 10-minute video from D23 seemed to hint that the new night show would have a Pocahontas section.

Not that the real Matoaka's tribe would be particularly thrilled with that...

Last edited:

mdcpr

7 years? In 2014, Magic Kingdom opened a coaster themed to a then 77 year old movie and it got massive wait times. Even today, it’s still easy for it to get over two hours. So while I’m not defending Moana or Guardians at Epcot at ALL, I don’t think this is a relevant point to make
Thank you for your feedback. Add my point to the many non-relevant points we all post every day here.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Penelope is not an official disney princess...if they/we are still going by that rule (although I think is being phased out). And neither is Anna.

Not to get into the weeds or anything... :)

Indeed. I used the trademark symbol specifically for the ones officially listed as part of the Disney Princess brand. Neither Vanellope, Anna, nor Elsa are officially part of that branding (and neither Elena nor Sophia).

IWant2GoNow

I'm tentatively optimistic about this attraction. As many have already stated, so long as this is not a Casey Jr type area and can be enjoyed by all ages, I'm good with it. DW and I love Moana. I don't generally like the IP takeover of Epcot but there's just no stopping them. Once Frozen took over Norway I kinda stopped "fighting the good fight" and just hoped that whatever they put into Epcot would be enjoyable.

The placement seems right for this even though my OCD-ness is not okay with only one side of Innoventions being left from a bilateral symmetry standpoint.

Curiosity question from me if anyone is able to answer: Was Journey of Water always penned for this spot or were there other options by chance?

Magenta Panther

Just like the kids moved on from Peter Pan and Pinocchio and Alice and Snow White and Sleeping Beauty and Beauty and the Beast and Frozen and Aladdin and Toy Story and Pirates and Dumbo and Pooh and Poppins... and there was no longer any interest in these IPs.

Just like that. Because that always happens. Wildly popular IPs are quickly forgotten. Always.

Moana is wildly popular? Since when?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
7 years? In 2014, Magic Kingdom opened a coaster themed to a then 77 year old movie and it got massive wait times. Even today, it’s still easy for it to get over two hours. So while I’m not defending Moana or Guardians at Epcot at ALL, I don’t think this is a relevant point to make

A quality attraction will remain popular no matter what IP it's based on.

smile

hockey-official.jpg

5 mins for comparing moana to snow white...
in any way
:p

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Moana is wildly popular? Since when?

It was profitable in the theaters, got excellent reviews from critics and audiences, her M&G gets long lines, crowds coo when she shows up in HEA.

But you know, just because you don't like something doesn't mean everyone doesn't like it, too.

Also, just because you don't like something, doesn't mean everyone must dislike it, too.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It was profitable in the theaters, got excellent reviews from critics and audiences, her M&G gets long lines, crowds coo when she shows up in HEA.

But you know, just because you don't like something doesn't mean everyone doesn't like it, too.

Also, just because you don't like something, doesn't mean everyone must dislike it, too.

If that last line were true no one would like anything. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom