Journey into Imagination #4???

EPCOT Explorer

It's been a rumor for a LONG time...Prolly since the 3rd version debuted and got mixed reviews too.Sources and speculation tell us this might me the next major project in EPCOT.

OneLittleSpark

Perhaps that time is approaching , from what I was told there are some big pieces parts scheduled to be delivered by October to Epcot. Not positive it's for Imagination but headed to Epcot for sure. Maybe WS instead, but whatever it's for a heavy refurb or something new. ? So has anybody heard anything else on Imagination refurb? Why are there no bits of new info out there? Is it still that far off? The last crazy rumor I heard from someone I know was using the 2nd floor for ride space.

hpyhnt 1000

Unfortunately, anything that is being disscussed on the Internet is mere speculation. I'm sure WDI has a couple ideas for JII, actually, probably the entire Imagination pavilion as a whole, since it has been a decade and a half since the place got a major overhaul. With that said, I think it is a safe bet that this is the next FW pavilion that will see a refurb. Let us hope its sometime in the near future.

Perhaps that time is approaching , from what I was told there are some big pieces parts scheduled to be delivered by October to Epcot. Not positive it's for Imagination but headed to Epcot for sure. Maybe WS instead, but whatever it's for a heavy refurb or something new. ? So has anybody heard anything else on Imagination refurb? Why are there no bits of new info out there? Is it still that far off? The last crazy rumor I heard from someone I know was using the 2nd floor for ride space.

Theres big pieces being delivered to Epcot in October? Thats interesting, first I heard of that......though I might have missed it

nolatron

I just hope any future changes involve the original cast (Dreamfinder & figment), and not the "imagination institute". Ugh. Worse ride re-do evah!

DizFanatic

As a side note (or question actually) does anybody know what is in the works for Wonders of Life pavillion? I know it's been being used for special events, but I miss Cranium Command (it's just a cute fun attraction for the whole family) and of course Body Wars.

Any news, speculation, or lies to get our hopes up???:)

Eyorefan

Sorry, WL is closed for goodd. CC is dead forever. Some have said that it has been canabolized and used to test other ride systems. I don't know how true that is. I do know that they have no plans to open any of the rides again.

kingslyZISSOU

In the current version, is figment the same character as he has always been? I find him very very very repulsive in this one. Maybe its his voice, and his aa's? I dono, but that ride is awful! its frightening for children, and annoying for adults. whoever did this version does not deserve to work for wdi.

EPCOT Explorer

In the current version, is figment the same character as he has always been? I find him very very very repulsive in this one. Maybe its his voice, and his aa's? I dono, but that ride is awful! its frightening for children, and annoying for adults. whoever did this version does not deserve to work for wdi.

It's deffinatly not on par with the original but it's not THAT bad.

Figgy's voice IS a little loud though.

Future Ape

Original Poster
I saw Wonders of Life opened up for the Flower & Garden this May - it was pretty weird walking inside and not heading over to go do Body Wars. Apparently, it also opens up for the Food & Wine Festival according to this:
http://www.lostepcot.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11

Sorry about the cross-board pollination here - I suppose I'm like a bee - "buzz buzz"

Anyway, back to JII - Figment does seem a bit bratty in the current ride version. Instead of the innocent child-like dragon in the first version, he seems more like Dennis the Menace with Nigel Channing as Mr. Wilson.

If they do make a 4th version, I hope they have a lot more AA figures and a lot less video screens.

TinkRBell427

I saw Wonders of Life opened up for the Flower & Garden this May - it was pretty weird walking inside and not heading over to go do Body Wars. Apparently, it also opens up for the Food & Wine Festival according to this:
http://www.lostepcot.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11

Yup, they use it as the headquarters ( I guess that's a good name for it). They sell wine there during F&W and other merchandise pertaining to that festival. Last year, 2007 Flower and Garden, they confused a lot of guests by putting the F&GF pins in there for the first week and then putting them at pin central. I think that's how it happened. Anyway, it was confusing.

kcnole

No, the current Figment is voiced by another voice actor as the original is dead I believe. He no longer has the childlike innocence, curiosity, and charm that the original Figment possessed. To me, he's like an annoying 13 year old now.

PurpleDragon

Yes the current incarnation of Figment is nothing like the original. The original was a curious child who had questions about everything and was eager to learn, the current version is just a bratty kid who likes sticking his nose in where it doesn't belong. Not a nice change IMO.

I can only hope there are plans to redo the whole pavillion and retheme it around Figment & Dreamfinder and toss the whole HISTA idea. That movie franchise died like 10 years ago, no clue why they have been hanging onto it for so long.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom