Job Question

aka_emilicious

Original Poster
How do they decide where people work exactly? My roommate and I are both in operations, but how do they decide which ride we will work on. It would be fantastic to work in the same park let alone the same ride, and was just wondering...

Thanks!

DisneySaint

Completely random, really. There's no way to predict nor make a preference for an area. It's very unlikely your friend will be with you at the same attraction and, of course, about a 25% chance they will be with you in the same park.

Krozar

I always thought that Main St. Ops looked neat. If you like to interact with a lot of people, especially children, then that would be an awesome place to do it. They seem to be able to move around and of course, have fun with the guests. Also a lot of different positions there as well, it's pretty large in scope and in people.

On day 2 you will have a say where you can go. If there is availability, then you got it. At the very least, ask for attractions, because operations is a very vast area also encompassing parking, ticket selling, and turnstiles. Parking would probably be my second choice. I see a lot of parking CMs in Westgate, they seem to be a fun and tight-knit bunch.

aka_emilicious

Original Poster
Well, I'm a ride operator now at a theme park here in CT (Lake Compounce!) so I DEFINITELY want to be in operations. I just would greatly appreciate some place with air conditioning as one of the positions

Krozar

Well, for a Fall program, the air conditioning is not such a big deal in contrast to a Summer down here. However, Epcot and MGM are the most likely places where you get some cold air.

Soarin', M:S, TT, Energy Adventure, Living Seas, and JII are all largely indoors. There is a greeter that is outside, but you get bumped around every 2 hours or so. With Soarin', even the fastpasses are indoors. Attractions also includes things which aren't rides. So there is Innoventions for example which is all indoors.

With MGM... Star Tours, ToT, RnRC, etc.

If you want to move around a lot. Work something like Fantasyland Ops or Tomorrowland Ops. Might be working IASW one day, Peter Pan's flight the next day.

monorail256

On day 2 you will have a say where you can go. If there is availability, then you got it. At the very least, ask for attractions, because operations is a very vast area also encompassing parking, ticket selling, and turnstiles. Parking would probably be my second choice. I see a lot of parking CMs in Westgate, they seem to be a fun and tight-knit bunch.

That's not true for college program students. On day two you will be given your location which will be somewhere in operations. If you had a preferance of an attraction you wanted to work, you should have made that known during your phone interview.

Training schedules and work locations for new CP's are made weeks out and aren't going to be changed two days before work location training begins.

For instance, I'm a seasonal entertainment CM right now... but I am doing the fall college program (check in 8/13) and my record cards work area changed about a week or so ago stating that I now will be working in Adventureland/Liberty Square attractions. And I've already got new work location training scheduled on my Development Connection section of the portal.

I wish you could tell them where you wanted to work on Day 2... hahah. I definately would not be going to Adventureland, that's for sure.

Krozar

People were asking the recruiter specific locations and then he often yelled something like "You're going to [job location]!!!!" in a very corny way. Like anything, there are slots to be filled. But it can be filled by a number of people in that area.

monorail256

People were asking the recruiter specific locations and then he often yelled something like "You're going to [job location]!!!!" in a very corny way. Like anything, there are slots to be filled. But it can be filled by a number of people in that area.

The location he was giving to those students were already pre-selected locations.

My first CP... I was told "You're GOING TO EMPORIUM!!! WEST SIDE MERCH!"

This CP I will be told "You're GOING TO ADVENTURELAND/LIBERTY SQUARE!!"

It's all planned out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom