Jeff's Trip Report--4/24 - 4/29

Ok, here goes my first "trip report". It's a long one so I'll post it in sections.

What a great time! I went with my wife (Emily) and son (Jacob). He is 2 (turning 3 this month) and it was his first time. This was the second time for my wife. The first time for her was 6 years ago when we went while we were engaged. At that time, we hit every park and did almost every attraction. This time was quite a bit different, but no less fun.

Dining Plan: We purchased the Dining Plan for this trip. For us, it worked spectacularly. We love eating at the WDW restaurants and it was fun to try a lot of different places. Our strategy was that we brought our breakfast stuff with us. Boxed milk (Parmalat), cereal variety pack, plastic spoons, paper bowls and breakfast/granola bars. Each morning, we would quickly eat breakfast in the room before going out to the bus stop.

We purchased the DP for 5 days. I made the reservations for our 5 table service meals a few months ago. The counter service, we mostly played by ear. At the end, we looked at how much we would have spent if we hadn’t used the dining plan—the plan ended up saving us about $150. So, to us, it was totally worth it.

Next up: Our arrival/first day

Sweetums

Original Poster
ssidiouss@mac.c said:
I realize everyone likes different things.. but how can you not watch Wishes or Illuminations or Fantasmic.. where are the fireworks?!

I hear ya! We love the fireworks, but we learned rather quickly that you have to be real flexible when travelling with a toddler. That means skipping things that you would have liked to see. It really wasn't a big deal, though--I've seen them dozens of times from working there and Emily had seen them and we know we will be back, so it's all good. :)

KnK

Great Report! Sounds like all had a great trip.

Just a side note. You can take the boat of Wilderness Lodge. We stay there every year, and yes, at times the sign only says Fort Wilderness especial in the late afternoon when people are trying to see Hoop de do!

The boat stops at both places.

ssidiouss@mac.c

Sweetums said:
I hear ya! We love the fireworks, but we learned rather quickly that you have to be real flexible when travelling with a toddler. That means skipping things that you would have liked to see. It really wasn't a big deal, though--I've seen them dozens of times from working there and Emily had seen them and we know we will be back, so it's all good. :)

Ah ur lucky :) !! Where did you work when u were there??

Sweetums

Original Poster
K&K said:
Great Report! Sounds like all had a great trip.

Just a side note. You can take the boat of Wilderness Lodge. We stay there every year, and yes, at times the sign only says Fort Wilderness especial in the late afternoon when people are trying to see Hoop de do!

The boat stops at both places.

Thanks--well, I'll make sure I am not fooled by the sign again! :mad: :brick:

Sweetums

Original Poster
ssidiouss@mac.c said:
Ah ur lucky :) !! Where did you work when u were there??

Studio Operations (GMR and Star Tours), Studio Entertainment, Contemporary (Front Desk Host), Disney Vacation Club (Advance Sales Associate and then Member Services) and cross utilization at Disney University (Facilitator for Traditions and Business Programs). It was very cool--I miss it sometimes...all right a LOT of times...!:cry: :cry:

Dagger

Awesome writeup, I read every word with baited breath! :p The only thing lacking was pictures, not to mention I think you only had one grammatical error in that entire thing!

I can't wait to take my daughter, it's going to be so fun.

If you could do anything differently, what would it be?

Also I was there in 2003 and I don't remember Alien being in TGMR. In fact, I had told people it was removed because I didn't see it....was I going nuts or am I thinking of Alien Encounters?

Thanks again for sharing!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom