Japan Restaurants

vilegirl

Each time we go to Disney, we try and go to a new restaurant. So this time we're thinking Japan. Personally I've never had Japanese cuisine so when I look at the menus, I'm not really sure what's what. Are there 2 Japanese restaurants? If so, which one do you guys recommend the most and why?

Thanks in advance!!

-Ariel-

I would recommend you to try the Teppan Edo restaurant in Japan, we tried it a year ago and we really LOVED it. The food was very good, it's mostly ckicken and beef, very good quality of meat and very tasty. But the cool thing is that the chef cooks it in front of you and does all sorts of cool things while cooking it. So just for the experience I think it's worth it, it's a lot of fun, and the food is also VERY very good. So i definitly recommend it to you. We are going back this december. I never tried the other japan restaurant though (called Tokyo Dining).
Here's a picture... The restaurant has been renovated since then but the concept seems to be the same, the restaurant just looks prettyer now!

japon2.jpg

Upvote 0

angelfaerie52

I have been to both... I would do the Teppan one if you are new to Japanese cuisine. The other side has tempura, sushi, and other such things. A bit more adventurous. Though I think all the food is amazing...

Upvote 0

gardenia

I have been to both... I would do the Teppan one if you are new to Japanese cuisine. The other side has tempura, sushi, and other such things. A bit more adventurous. Though I think all the food is amazing...

We were at Tokyo Dining (the tempura/sushi side) last Saturday, and the food was great. It's not really very adventurous - lots of shrimp, chicken, steak and veggies available tempura style, and some pretty standard sushi choices like California Roll.

However, when the bill came I found out that they don't take the DDE card! I had assumed that all Epcot TS restaurants did, but this one did not. It may be because they just re-opened after a major overhaul and haven't contracted with DDE yet, but I don't know. Something to keep in mind if you have DDE.

Upvote 0

angelfaerie52

Well, *I* don't think it's adventurous, but some people can't handle sushi... and if you haven't had tempura before, maybe it'd be surprising. I just think the other side is more family friendly and grilled food and what not.

We were at Tokyo Dining (the tempura/sushi side) last Saturday, and the food was great. It's not really very adventurous - lots of shrimp, chicken, steak and veggies available tempura style, and some pretty standard sushi choices like California Roll.

However, when the bill came I found out that they don't take the DDE card! I had assumed that all Epcot TS restaurants did, but this one did not. It may be because they just re-opened after a major overhaul and haven't contracted with DDE yet, but I don't know. Something to keep in mind if you have DDE.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom