January 2018 Trip

WDW Guru

I am on the fence about whether or not to book a solo trip in January 2018. If I am to, it would be either the week of the 8th to 12th or the 15th to 19th. Does anybody have any recent experience with either of those two weeks and which would be a better choice?

EDIT: Was also wondering whether or not Disney will release any room specials for January.

Last edited:

Disneyfreak Jen

I am on the fence about whether or not to book a solo trip in January 2018. If I am to, it would be either the week of the 8th to 12th or the 15th to 19th. Does anybody have any recent experience with either of those two weeks and which would be a better choice?

I went last year from the 25th to 28th. Was a good time to go. 2 of the days could have been perfect for pool time too, but I didn't plan for much downtime since it was a short trip. Weather was very good overall, the last day was in the 50's and was raw and cold. I'm from NJ so I have thick blood but it was pretty miserable after 4 hours, so we called it quits a little earlier than we were planning.
** Make sure to avoid MLK day, a lot of people are off so it might get be busy that weekend leading up to that day.
Otherwise I enjoyed January. Have a great trip!!!!

EDIT: Was also wondering whether or not Disney will release any room specials for January.

Upvote 0

kimberlymautz

The week of the 8th you'll probably have some leftover people visiting from the Disney Marathon and January 15th is MLK's birthday which a lot of schools are off for which could result in people visiting for a long weekend. Of course, January is generally a lot less crowded than any other time of the year so I don't think crowd levels will be too insane at all while you're there regardless of which week you'd choose, but just keep those two things in mind.

Also, I looked it up and historically Disney offers specials for January at the end of September, early October at the latest so I'd start checking toward the end of this week.

Have a good time!

Upvote 0

Flyersgirl17

we went in January 2016 the week of MLK day. we arrived on MLK day and through the week we found the park was actually busier than it was the first week of October. also please keep in mind this is also the summer holiday for a lot of south american tourist groups. so maybe that is why it was extra busy. also the weather was colder than normal. we were wearing winter coats EVERYDAY!!!! the only day above 60 degrees was the day we arrived. we woke up and it was in the 30's and stayed in the 40's-50's throughout the day.

also we did receive a 30% room discount which was nice and airplane tickets were also cheap.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom