Jan 3rd to 10th Disney PhD family trip report!

Hey it is that time of year again, time for another PhD trip report.

So if anyone is up for it, here it is.

This was written by Mrs.PhD (I know Mr. does most of the posting at Magic lately.) I also posted the same one on Dis (please don't hate me. :lol: )

WDW family trip report Jan 3rd to Jan 10th 2007

The places: Beach Club Villas, The crew: Mrs. PhD, Mr. PhD, 2 DD's Anna 5 years old, Lily 2 years old.. This was Anna's 10th trip to WDW, and Lily's 4th. (Yes my kids are spoiled in some ways, this is one of them.) :)

We are VWL owners so we were set to stay there, but our wait list for BCV (our favorite DVC resort) came though so we were happy to stay there. However our ADR's were all made thinking we were staying at VWL.

Our flight from Detroit went well. We are getting better at managing all the luggage and kids (and consolidating, and brining less.) We got to MCO and were excited to skip the line at the rental car and not have to stop at the store for food. I don't know why I was surprised at the long line at Magical Express though. However they were very efficient and it was not long before we were on our way to BCV (with just a stop or 2 before getting there.) I saw a women with Mickey crocs and a hot pink Baglini bag. (I myself had a steal blue Baglini bag and we all had new Mickey Crocs for the trip.)

The magical express busses are comfy, and the video (Disney commercial) was cute and fun. Lily fell asleep on the way, that was her nap for the day. Since we all woke up at 5:00 am it was a long day, but we were in a great mood. Once at BCV we had our choice of pool view rooms (as requested.) The one we really wanted wasn't ready, but should be should be soon we decided to wait for it. I think it might of been ready sooner, but we had lunch at Beaches and Cream and then swam in the pool (SAB) for a while. When I called at 3:00 it was ready, and our luggage was in the room when we got there. We got room 412 and if I could pick any room in the whole resort this would be it for us. Nothing like getting a good room to start off the mood right. We had the dinning plan, but since we had ADR's at Hoop De Do Review (2 dining credits) we decided to pay cash for the meal. The weather was in the high 70's low 80's and it was perfect. While at the pool I got a cell phone call from Garden Grocer, the food I had pre ordered was on the way and he would leave it at the front desk, or I could meet him there to inspect it. He called back when he arrived and I walked over to meet him. He was very nice. He had a list of the food (I had brought one I printed up too.) He had a marker for me to check it all off. Even the food they didn't have on their list, but I had requested was in there. I was really happy with Garden Grocer. This was our 1st time and it went great. Not having to stop at the store or rent a car saved us a lot of $ too. Even preparing the list ahead of time saved us because I didn't buy too much. I really recommend them. Bell services stored it all for us.

Once in the room it looked great (no complaints for us). We had a new DVD player in the room (studio) but the cable wasn't connected right so we called for someone to come and fix it. While waiting we had the kids watch a DVD (we brought some with us, we had a portable DVD player too.) This resulted in us missing the weather report, something that would of been a good thing to see looking back now. Oh well. Into each life and vacation some rain must fall.

Once rested we headed out to Epcot. Our Mickey Crocs were getting a bit of attention every where we went. Both Lily and DH never wore any other the whole trip, but Anna and I switched things around some. We rode JIM and then had dinner at the land. Since Lily is under 3 she isn't on the dinning plan, we paid cash for her meal. I regret this now (but really what is $4.) We ended up with lots of extra center service meals so it wasn't an issue later.) The food at the land center service is good, but it is crazy. Knowing what is included in the plan can be difficult too. We were starting to get nervous. People were coming in with rain poncho's on. We hadn't seen a weather report and were not prepared (even though we bought poncho's, umbrella's and stroller rain covers with us, they were back in the room.) Before we stepped into the movie (something we hadn't seen in years.) I ran out and it was pouring. The stroller was mostly under the pavilion. The girls had their blankets so we figured they could cover with that and we would stick them in the dyer across the hall when we got back to the room. However luck was with us and it let up to a light drizzle by time we left. Still we called it a night and headed back to the room. At least it was still warm. Gosh I love going to Florida in the winter. Everyone was asleep when the fireworks at MK and Illuminations went off at 9:00 (expect me of course.) I went out the balcony and we could see the MK fireworks, and hear Epcot (but not see them.) I even slept well that night (something that never happens in hotel rooms.) Even as a family of 4 we fit rather nice in a studio. Anna liked the pull out couch, and Lily loves to sleep in a pack and play. We didn't have a lot of play room, but we made it work just fine.

More to come. Pictures too, but I have to upload them still.

DisneyPhD

Original Poster
Thanks here is some more. :)

Day 2, Jan 4th.

Another wonderful weather day. (this time we did check the weather report.)

MK today. Busses are win some loss some, this was a lose. Not a major one, but still a wait no less. Then the bus was full and we didn't get a seat. The thing was it was one of those busses with seats all along the sides, and it didn't have any handle loops. DD's and I got stuck in the section right in front of the back door. There was nothing to hold on to (remember I am short) and we were bouncing around like a ball in a pin ball machine. DD (2 years old and super tiny) was holding on to me for dear life, but I had nothing to hold on too. I was rather bothered that there were a number of young able bodied people with out young kids sitting and watching us struggle. I normally have such good luck with babies on the bus, but not this time. Then the doors opened and I didn't realized DD was so close and she got trapped in it. Bad mommy moment. At least she didn't get hurt and shock it off. After all we were at MK, our 1st day let's enjoy it. We wore our Mickey tie die shirts we made earlier in the year and all had Mickey crocs on. Off to Dumbo. Since we were there well after opening, (it had been a long wait for the bus) there was a bit of a line, we saw some dream crew people leaving Dumbo, but no signs of them giving anything out. My guess is the people in front of us got dream fast passes. The whole trip we saw tons of people with them. I asked a few and it appears the best time to get one is be there right a opening and be in line for something.

We made it around fantasy land, but was pretty busy (it was only Jan 4th after all) so we did some fast pass things and TTA and it was time to get out of there. We ate lunch at Columbia harbor house. As they didn't have chicken strips as a kids meal I just ordered 2 adult meals and that worked for the 4 of us great. Anna rode BTM with DH (who got a fast pass before we left.) Lily feel asleep on the bus ride back (much better luck this time) and rested in the room while DH look Anna out to the BCV pool to swim while I read a book on the balcony (and called a few friends on my cell.) The lady in the room next to me was having some very loud cell phone conversations herself. I kept moving around so she could hear someone was next to her, but I couldn't go back in the room, or I would wake Lily. Actually she was so loud I could hear her clearly even after she went back in her own room and shut the door. The 1st was with her boyfriend or DH at home who sent her flowers (aw) the other was with her best friend (maybe X) who was on this trip with her, but apparently has ditched her the whole time and left the women all alone to wonder Epcot She really laid into this "friend" but I did feel sorry for her. Who wants to be at WDW, missing family not wanting to be alone and having no one to share it with. They were running the marathon, and I didn't hear a peep from her the rest of the trip. I hope it got better for her.

After nap I dressed Lily and we headed down to meet DH and DD and go to SAB. We stopped to get a snack at the Beach Club market place. Lily has food allergies to milk and eggs, but this past Oct we had test results that she had outgrown the egg, and the milk was very minor. We could start introducing them slowly and we had. She was doing so well we thought she could try ice cream at WDW. We got Anna a Mickey ice cream bar, but since I wanted to start a little slower we got a strawberry shortcake one for Lily. Who loved it, just loved it. However it didn't love her. She had a clear rash around her face (her allergy tell tale.) No other problems or issues, she said she felt ok, but I gave her some benedryl before we left for dinner. I guess we have to back of dairy again. She was doing so well too. Good thing the allergy is still listed on all our ADR's.

Once at Epcot we had enough time to shop around some, see Mary Poppins in England and play with the train set (big hit with Lily). We shopped at Canada and got Lily a rag Anne of Green Gables doll. I love Anne. It was on clearance, but it was still $13, it was normally 18. This is not a big doll. I wonder why so much? Anyway Lily picked it up and carried it all over later. We saw O Canada (It was really cute Lily was signing it, so funny to hear a 2 year old sing Canada!) After we checked in at La Celier. The kids colored KidCot masks, but the wait was rather long. They were turning people away but it was still almost a 30 min wait once checked in (with ADR's of course.)

The tables at LaCelier at so close you feel like you are eating with the party next to you. Luckily this time as most they were super nice people. Good meal, and the chief was good about the food allergies. The kids just split a plate of plan pasta and the CM bought us all pretzel bread as we requested. Ice cream was the only option for dessert, but Lily shared some of DD"s chocolate cake (still had some milk in it but she was fine.) The couple next to us had an issue with their Dinning plan card and they were pretty mad about it. Apparently this had been happening all trip to them. We didn't have any, and the total for DH's and mine food alone was over $100 so the meal plan was a good deal tonight. They do have you sign 2 checks now, they do one for child credits and one for adults. After we walked around and did kid ______ masks and ended up at Japan to view Illuminations. We both had new camera phones and we had fun taking pictures during the trip. It is great to pick up my phone to make a call and see pictures of WDW on it! I didn't think I would enjoy the new phone that much. The new phones with unlimited cell to cell use was much easier then the walky talkies and didn't have battery issues as our old walkie talkies did. We watched the show from the balcony, but Lily asked to lay down in the stroller and feel asleep. They were both out on the walk back and looked so sweet. Thank goodness for double strollers that recline. We had a lovely walk back to our room. I love staying at BCV for this reason. Busses at night with 2 sleeping kids and a double stroller are not easy.

I love the start of a trip when you feel like a week is so much time and can just relax, you will get to it all eventually. Tomorrow we did MK again. You can never get too much MK. :p

DisneyPhD

Original Poster
Here is more.

Jan 7th, Saturday. The day of the half Marathon.

We decided to walk to Epcot this day. Avoid Marathon traffic, and it was great to not take bus. We went right to land for fast passes for soaring and then over to the seas. This is where Lily really got into the Mine seagulls. She just laughed and laughed. We rode Nemo again (no wait.) and explored inside. We had some time to kill before our fast pass was ready, so we bopped into Inventions. Well we almost never got out again. Turns out there is a new display for Chemistry and Nanotubes. Those who know us knows that the Real PhD is DH and that is in Chemistry (he teaches college.) Well he had a blast making molecules. I left them there to get fast passes for test track and when I came back DH was talking with another guest who was a recent chem. grad. He was having fun. We took pictures and emailed them to friends (and DD's K teacher, she was thrilled with it.) I had to drag them all out (the kids had discovered some computer games in there too.) DH and Anna rode Soaring, and Lily and I used some snack credits on chocolate croissants. They were yummy.

We went to see if Anna could ride the green Mission Space, she was just a little short, but I told her to stand up tall. The CM wouldn't let her in. Too bad because it was only the green one, but after all Disney can't count on you not to be stupid and jump lines once getting in. Anna had just as much fun playing in the play area in the end of the ride anyway. Anna had a ball until someone stepped on her fingers and we walked back to the stroller to get someone cold out of the cooler bag to put on it. She got distracted and found a cheerleader maga phone she just had to have. How dumb am I? I bought it for her. She loved it, but I knew I was going to regret it later. We were given stickers almost everywhere we went, but no magical dream moments the whole trip. Too bad they didn't give out new magical dreams sticker for the CM to give out. Just a little something special and different. One cast member blew bubbles for the kids. We stopped in the charter Connection with little wait and got to see Minnie, Mickey and Chip and Dale in their Million dreams costumes. Once we were done there we headed over to Electric Umbrella for lunch. It wasn't busy in there at all. Once again 2 adult meals for the 4 of us worked out great (the kids choices are really rather lame.)

Lily was tried and whinny so I left DH and Anna with fast passes for Test Track and walked back to BCV with Lily for a nap (after stopping in Mouse Gears to shop.) Lily wouldn't stay in the stroller and kept running around saying "oh mommy, look at this, look at this........" It was cute, but I had to go back for her sun glasses, she dropped them next to a display case. Somehow I managed not to buy anything, I didn't buy much all trip. In fact I am feeling a little down about that now, there are things for people I wish I would of bought. Oh well, DH and I are going back in March for a new nights just the 2 of us. I am shopping then! (and you know I am going to buy the girls stuff because I am going to feel guilty about leaving them at home.

Lily never feel asleep, in fact she was wide awake when we got back to the room, she wanted to know where Daddy and Anna was. I tried laying with her, turning on nap time music and finally put her in the back and play and went out on the balcony (after she kicked me in the head.) After a new min DH and Anna came back, and there was no going down for nap for Lily. So we all got dressed for the pool and headed down. It was once again a lovely pool day. This time we spend time in almost every section of the pool. The only part Lily didn't like was the sand bottom, she liked the sand, but didn't like it on her feet. She has feet issues that is for sure. DH and I rode the water slide and we all spun in the "big toilet bowl" as Anna likes to call it.

Baths back in the room and then the bus back to MK and a short walk over to Con. We got lucky with busses and got there early (like 45 min) so we walked around. Lily feel asleep on the bus and she napped up until it was time to check in. There was a really long line to check in, but they were super efficient. They wanted to take a group picture of our family, but since I wasn't going to buy it anyway and Lily was a asleep we skipped it. I think we waited longer in line, then we did after we got our pager. I called Paul, but he tried to get up from the chairs fast, and got a huge slash on his leg. Lily was just waking up and it was a busy hectic moment. This was our 1st time at Chief Mickey's. We were seated right and our sever really seemed to know what he was doing. The chief was out (not Mickey) and he was great to us. He brought out a bowl of Mickey shaped plan pasta for Lily (Anna liked it too.) It was out so fast I didn't even have time to get to the food line. As busy at is was and Lily was just waking up, it really was so much more clam and more pleasant meal then Ohanna's. The staff there just really seemed to have there game on. I can see why people enjoy this place. The food was good, the characters where good (Lily wanted to see them, even talk to them, but not touch them or have them touch her.) She even talked to Minnie, but the pictures are mostly with Anna and the characters. After we took the monorail back to MK (It would of been faster to walk, but Lily really wanted to ride it. Every time she saw during dinner she wanted to go on the monorail.

We got to MK just in time for the parade (it wasn't really announced, but DH had seen it listed on Resort T.V. today. We even got a decent view (as the people in front of us invited us to move up, very kind of them.) The girls are normally asleep doing this time, but they were awake and got to enjoy it. After we walked back into the park more to watch the fireworks near the noodle station (open, but the menu didn't look as appealing as it was last year.) We had a nice talk with a couple next to us (who lived in Virginia, but she went to the same college DH and I went to grad school at in Detroit.) It was there last night. The walk out of the park wasn't as bad as we thought it would be. The bus line wasn't too. We didn't wait to long, but of course there were no seats when we got on. A gentleman who was most likely our dad's age hoped up and gave Lily and I his seat, even though I felt a little bad about taking it. (someone gave DH one too, since he was holding a very asleep Anna and the double stroller that was good. We had a nice cheerful ride home chatting with other guests. The man who gave up his seat for me is the father of a castmember (who was also on the bus) and it was fun talking with them. It was a fun night with mostly encounters with cheerful and please guests and CM. That is always nice and really reminded me of trips past before we had children and DH I would have such a nice time talking with others we meet while at WDW. :)

DisneyPhD

Original Poster
Thanks! Here is a little more. I am still working on the pictures. Feeling a bit of post Disney and winter cold blues right now. :(

Sunday Jan 7th, Full Marathon day. Boat to MGM. It actually was a bit of trouble getting past the marathon watchers and crossing the run to get to the boat. The biggest problem was getting past people sitting to cheer runners on with the double stroller on a small path. Once at MGM the cast members just didn't want to let people cross, and it was backing up. Even when there was a big enough opening. We waited at least 5 min, that seems like a long time and then we had to cross it again before even getting into the park. The longer the wait, the more people that needed to cross. Last year we went to MGM on the same day and didn't have this issue at all. Still it was fun to see the runners and cheer them on, after all Anna did have her cheerleader maga phone (or course she didn't want to use it to cheer on strangers.)

There really isn't any good reason for us to get to MGM early since so much of the stuff for kids is timed things. We walked down the street where who wants to be a millionaire was, and saw JoJo and Little Enstines. We did honey I shrunk the kids then over for the 1st show of playhouse Disney. We bought Anna a new Minnie Cheerleader hate too, I since a theme here. We had a bit of wait and did bathrooms and snacks before standing in line for Little Mermaid show (with past passes, good thing or we might have not gotten in.) After we didn't have enough time to do much until our ADR's at Hollywood and Vine for lunch so we wondered over there. Our ADR's were for 11:40 and that must be when it opens for lunch. They were taking walk ups at this time. The kids were pretty excited and we all were hungry. I was able to get into the Breakfast line before they closed it down, and then DH took Anna out to get in line. I was in the seat by the wall (bench) and tried to get out past Anna to take a picture of her with Leo. Well my croc got caught on the chair and I fell, landing right on my butt on the floor. Right next to the father sitting near us. :lookaroun I was fine (a bit sore) but this was my embarrassing moment for the trip, that is for sure. The 1st thing I told DH was "that is NOT making it into the trip report." He said "Oh yes it is, even if I have to type it myself." So instead of him telling the story I did myself. Every time I saw Leo after that he looked a little unsure of me. Anna did get to Dance with June (just what she wanted to do) but Lily once again was shy. (she is 2 what did I expect?) Both kids did really seem to enjoy the "entertainment" of dancing and signing that the cast members did and songs from Play house Disney. It was a good meal (expect for my fall) and the food was fine. I had some chicken that wasn't so great, but I had so much other food that was good I just didn't eat the other. The kids ate well. I was going to ask for Soy Ice cream for Lily, but really she was just as happy with the brownie. I was just happy she could eat that, last year she couldn't.

After lunch the marathon was over and we headed over to Indian Jones stunt show, something we haven't seen in years (before kids.) After it was time to head back and swim some more. Got to love the pool and the wonderful weather. :p I gave up trying to get Lily to nap anymore, it wasn't happening. She knew the pool was calling her name.

We had a relaxing pool play time, knowing we didn't have to get anywhere for dinner. I gave the girls baths and then went down to the beach club store and got a few sandwiches snacks for dinner with some counter service credits. I was even able to get a package of bologna for the girls with a snack credit (they love it.) So we had a nice dinner in the room and watched some DVD's. MGM was open until 8 tonight and we wanted to see Fantasmic and the Osborne lights, that was all. It wasn't until we were on the boat at 6:45 that we realized that Fantasmic was started at 7:00 not 8:00 when the park closed. Lily of course feel asleep in the stroller on the boat so I let Dh and Anna run over to see if they could get in Fantasmic and I found a park bench to make some cell phone calls home and relax. They did get in (standing room only, so I am glad I didn't try) and he held Anna on his shoulders. They meet us over by the lights, that now are set to music. (thank goodness for cell phones.) We had a nice stroll around and headed back to the boat. In line for the boat it started to rain, but we were outside of the cover. It was light and the boat came after not long. However it was one packed boat. Both girls where asleep in the stroller, and it was parked into he corner. A women was leaning against it with a young boy about Lily's age that was not asleep (very much the opposite) but he kept kicking the stroller and I was worried about the kids (how would you like to sleeping a stroller with a kid who kept smacking it?) So I mentioned it as they most likely didn't realize the stroller wasn't empty, and I got a "well if you can control him:" comment. I don't think mentioning that the kids were in fact in it was too much to ask, oh well. :veryconfu They did stop though after that, I just felt like a jerk and I don't think I was, (after all I mentioned my DD's were sleeping in there, so please try not to kick it so much.) The father had ran the marathon that day, I am guessing it was very long day for all of them. It was pretty funny when the 6 foot tall (or bigger) dad sat in their double stroller. I was impressed it held him. I did that once with my friends stroller like that, but I weigh like 120. Still the ride back was much better then a bus. :)

DisneyPhD

Original Poster
Let's see if I can get a picture to work. I wasn't able to get into my magic photo album, so I have to post from another site.

34947disphoto1.JPG

DisneyPhD

Original Poster
Cool, it did work. Here is a few more.

The whole family at BCV. We made the tie die shirts oursevles.

34947familytiediesmall-med.JPG

Just the girls this time.

34947disphoto2.JPG

Feeling a bit ducky (and princessy.)

34947donaldfamily-med.JPG

DisneyPhD

Original Poster
The girls fast alseep in the stroller. Sadly we can't seem to find that Areil doll. She must of gotten lost the last day. :brick:

34947sleepinggirls-med.JPG

Lily so happy with the seagulls

34947lilyseagulls.JPG

Anna being snow white

34947snowwhitecastle.JPG

DisneyPhD

Original Poster
I just keep it coming. Too bad it hast to end at some point. I must admit I have a bit of the after Disney downers right now. :cry:

Monday Jan 8th,
AK day for us.

Once again not the best am luck with buses. They really didn't seem to be running them as fast as they should morning openings. Oh well. At least you can boat or walk to 2 parks from BCV. BB opened this morning so we had to stop there (no one got off). It was forecast to get colder today, but it really stayed lovely all day (comfortable in shorts and t-shirts.) What the girls wanted to do was just play in the dino dig play area (but Lily didn't like the feel of the stones on her feet, big surprise.) DH went to get fast passes to the Safari ride while we did this. We did coax them out for Dino Dumbo and then over to Safari ride. We took the long way there and picked up fast passes to EE. Anna really wanted to ride Kali River Rapids. She never has before. We had considered brining the ponchos, but did didn't. Now I wish we had. Lily loved the monkeys in the trees and we even missed DH and Anna on the ride. The sign said 20 min wait, but it was a walk on. Anna did love it, she got slightly wet, DH pretty wet. After drying off we stopped over outside Tusker House to get a churro and popcorn (snack credit.) It is official, I like the churros at Costco better, and they are cheaper. Lily really enjoyed the Safari ride, but there weren't as many animals out as we have seen in the past. I think it is better early in the day, this was close to lunch time.

We love Tusker House, but eat there almost every trip. We decided to give pizza a try (and there was lunch meat in the cooler bag for Lily too.) Once again no kids meal pizzas. How dumb is that?:confused: We got 2 adult meals which was all we needed for the 4 of us. I really like the pre packaged chocolate cake they have at many counter service places. It is yummy! We even ended up taking one home and eating from our house the next day.

After lunch we headed back to camp Minnie/Mickey to watch the Lion King show and then over to Pocahontas. Lily was getting a bit tried after this and she was fast asleep by the time we reached EE. I road 1st. I just love this ride. I can't wait to be able to ride it with DH next trip. It must be more fun not sitting next to a stranger. One thing is when you are in line by yourself you notice things others don't. Like the park ticket on the floor. I told a CM and walked to get it and gave it back to them. Not sure if it was a one day ticket or AP, but it was signed in back so I really hope the owner got it back. It only took 10 min to ride the ride, so DH did too and we booked it over get seating in Nemo. It was looking like it might rain (even spitting) so we put the rain cover on the stroller and picked up sleeping Lily. She woke just in time to see the show. I mentioned to DH "isn't odd they make a musical stage show based on a movie that didn't really have a strong soundtrack?" Some how they managed to make it work, in fact it was a bit more interesting since it was new music, not something you already heard 100 times. DH did comment that it was the same music they used in the Nemo ride at Epcot though. The show was packed, and it was a good show, creative and imaginative. Much better then Tarzan Rocks. :sohappy:

It was time to head back once we got out. It looks like it rained a few drops, but it stopped by the time we got out and headed back. The bus back to the hotel had the same family that was on the boat back from MGM. At this point they had started to combine buses (Y&B had their own for the 1st half of the trip.) This family was staying at S&D. We got to talking and she said something along the lines of "you must be one of those people on the internet" when we told her how many times our kids had been here. One of the members of their party was from Rochester Hills near me, so if you are reading this Hi! The all seemed a lot more relaxed today. I hope they had a great trip. :wave:

Tonight is Hoop De Do Review for us (HDDR). This is our 1st time, the kids were really looking forward to it. For some reason they dubbed this kids songs tape we had at home as Hoop De Do music, so we hoped they were not disappointed (even though DH downloaded music from the real show and had them listen to that too.) When we made the ADR's all we had to do was take a boat from VWL, now getting there with out a car was a bit harder. What was funny is most of the people on our bus to MK, ended up on the boat to WL, and finally sitting near us at the show. They have a great playground at the campground, and DH did find the lawnmower tree he remembered from a child. (where the push lawn mover is all but eaten up by the tree growing around it.) They used to camp at FW for 2 weeks every summer. The kids had fun playing while I checked in and got our tickets.

This show is well run and really goes smoothly. The chief was good to us once again, brining out some plan pasta for Lily and corn with no butter on it, and mac and cheese for Anna. The corn sadly is not good though. Just over cooked and really soggy as corn in resturants often is. The kids didn't seem to mind. The corn bread and salad was yummy. :slurp: They take breaks between songs to eat, we didn't feel rushed at all and we all really enjoyed the show. One of the actresses came over to chat with us during break time, and she just loved Lily's shoes (crocs). Anna was pretty tried by the time the show was over. We were not looking forward to trying to get back to BCV. We walked over to the busses and instead of having to go to DTD and then wait for another bus from there they had busses to resorts. We got on one that said Caribbean beach, but they assured us it would stop at BC for us too. Anna crawled in a seat up front and feel right asleep. After a stop at Poly we headed over to the Epcot resorts. A few stops later we were at BC. It was one of the more relaxing night time buss rides home actually. :)

We are getting near the end of our trip. Tomorrow is our last full day and we are going to MK. The weather is expected to change too. A cold front is coming in, but we packed for it. In fact most of our warm weather clothes are dirty, so it worked for us. Also it is some how easier to head home when it isn't 80 and sunny out. Makes the transmission a bit smother.

DisneyPhD

Original Poster
Tuesday Jan 9th, our last full day. Dressed warm (jeans, long sleeve shirts and sweet shirts.) and headed out. Some people didn't seem to watch the weather (or believe it) and they seemed a bit cold. We chatted with other guests while waiting, and it was a long talk because we were there for well over 30 min. I was determined to get to MK at opening because it appeared to be the best plan in getting any dream fast passes. I guess I didn't need to push so hard to get us out of the room. That is the thing with busses, you just never know.

Finally two MK buses pulled up, by this time there was so many people waiting the first bus filled up. We were the 1st people at the stop, but people rushed on and by the time we got to the line there were no seats. Instead of risking not getting a seat (after all I have been waiting over 30 min by this time) we waited for the 2nd bus that just pulled up. Of course then we had to wait on the bus for a number of minutes as people ran up to the bus. I'm sure the bus situation is all about persepective. We had waited 30 minutes for a bus and we not real happy about it, but those people that ran up and got right on probably think the buses were great that day. :animwink:

Once at MK we missed any Dream Fast pass give outs, but it didn't appear as necessary. The crowds were clearly down from earlier in the week. We road Astro Obiter, and then Buzz before walking over to Toon Town to see the princesses in the tent. A few days ago the line for them was 70 min, today it was just 15 or so. The girls played in the play area, and Anna and I rode Goofy's barnstormer. We rode teacups, played in Pooh's area, got fast passes for Winne the Pooh before heading over to the Carrousel and then Mickey's Phillharmagic. We managed to get almost everything in this one day, much more then all the other trips to MK earlier in the week. We rode small world and tried to use our old fast passes to Peter Pan. They refused. This was something new this trip, they no longer allowed fast passes from yesterday. They used to in all our past trips (I even had a number of cast members tell us to be sure to reuse them, unless the crowd level was too high it was just fine.) I think the reason for this is all the dream fast passes. They have to be more strict with them because there are a few hundred any time ones.They do pretty much stay right on the fast passes now for day of only after printed time. (So you can still use them any time after the printed time, not before.)

We got new fast passes and headed over to Columbia harbor house for lunch (2nd time this trip.) Once again, shared 2 adult meals just fine. We walked over to POC, wow the new additions really are a nice touch. It was at this point in the day we normally felt the need to leave MK because it was so busy. Today was pretty nice. We had an issue while loading the POTC boat. The group of Spanish speaking tourist in the rows in front of us didn't abide by the CM instructions to wait for the 2nd boat and they all squeezed in the boat with the poor guests in front of them. All but one that is. This poor lady, was trying to get past us and get on the boat with her friends, but of course she couldn't. I tried to explain they were supposed to wait for the 2nd boat, but it was too late. So when the 2nd boat came it was just the one lady in font of us. I am sure glad I wasn't on the 1st boat with the extra load. We walked up and down the tree house. It was so cute, Lily counted each stair as she walked them. (I got it on video tape.) After we were able to ride Magic Carpets, see Tiki Room and Country Bears. Lily came out of Country bears asleep, so DH went to get the stroller. it was pretty busy by this time (people waiting for the parade) so we headed back across the crowd to ride jungle cruise while I waited with Lily in the stroller. We grabbed a dole whip and some itsakadoozi for the kids and rested before heading back to FL to use fast passes for Peter pan and Winnie the pooh. We never went back to the room today, just took the monorail over to GF for our dinner at 1900 park fare. I was really looking forward to some strawberry soup. It wasn't too busy and we got the same waiter as we did 2 years ago. It was a fine meal, but we were ready to go. We were hoping to take the monorail to Epcot and then maybe even riding spaceship earth before heading home. This was before we waited well over an half and hour for the check. Once again we gave him our cards when we got there, but "there was an issue" with it accepting our card and the manager had to "push it through." I have to say I was bothered by this because it was now after MK closed and things were busy, we had to really rush to get back to Epcot before it closed and prayed we would get in. We did, and I don't think we had to worry too much, because I think they would of let us in for a least 15 min after 9:00, but it was cutting it close. The last 30 min of your last night can be pretty important. Oh well. We waited a bit with the kids asleep in the stroller for crowds to clear out so we could walk back to BCV. I was pretty fed up with the dinning plan issues. It seemed like every other day they had issues with it. We never had any problems at all with the counter service or snacks. In fact it seemed to be more issues with the restaurant then our actual card. We had a print out of what credits we had on our card, and it appears we had 2 extra. We considered using them at beaches and cream the last day, but didn't just in case. After all we had 5 counter services and snack credits left for the half a day anyway.

So much for packing that night. We just went to bed. Still it was a good fun packed day. The cool brezzes didn't bother us at all. In the sun it was pretty nice. :)

DisneyPhD

Original Poster
Hey, I just realized I never finished this. I will have to find the last day and post it.

Man I wish we were at WDW right now. I have had enough of MI winter now.

chake

Hey, I just realized I never finished this. I will have to find the last day and post it.

Man I wish we were at WDW right now. I have had enough of MI winter now.

i know what you mean about winter. im in PA right by the dang lake. i would rather be in FLA with Walt and the gang

DisneyPhD

Original Poster
Today is a very bad MI winter day too. Super cold, windy and snowy.

So here is my last WDW installment, at least until March when DH and go again.

Wednesday Jan 10th

Now I am getting a little sad thinking about the last day. That is the good thing about DVC though, there is always another trip in the works.

We managed to wake, get packed and ready to leave by 10:00 Not bad really (but then again check out is 11:00.) Today is an Epcot day. Not having to depend on a bus is a good thing. Also Epcot isn't a place you really need to get there early. Once again a little cool, but still a lovely day if you dress for it.

It was time for Anna and I to ride Soarin'. They refused to let us use the child swap passes from a few days ago. Once again getting picky with this. This did bother me because with childswap we almost never had time to wait for 2 times riding it, so we have to split it up. Still it was early in the day and the standby line wasn't long. Really we just had to wait 2 or 3 min longer then the fast pass line. I got yet another chocolate croissant (those are yummy) and Anna wanted to start another Kidcot necklace. The CM there didn't want to give her another one, because my DD mentioned she had one, but it was packed. Hello that was 4 days ago? One per person per trip? I don't think so. Got to admit this CM rubbed us the wrong way. Then she didn't want to give Lily one.

Since Nemo was such a hit it was time to do it again. There wasn't really a wait, but the queue is so long that by the time we walked to the front we only had to wait a minute before getting our shell. Our family can fit in one. After admiring those seagulls again we headed back into Innoventions. We remembered to take our Disney Visa with us, but the free picture places for Disney visa wasn't open. I asked a cast member and she said it was open from 1:30 to 4:30 daily (good to know.) Lily was really into the fire safety room, and only wanted to lay on the little bed. I don't think she was tried do you? We took another email post card and then went back to the land for lunch. This place can have yummy food, but it can be crazy getting it. One minute there is no line, the next there are 15 people waiting all getting mad at the other's for cutting in line. It is also a great place to use counter service credits as it is a pretty $$ counter service place. 2 adult meals would of been over $30.

After riding Spaceship Earth and messing around in the other side of Inventions we headed back to the East side for our Disney Visa picture. I was a little leary as we had to drag Lily out of the fire house kicking and screaming, and we had to pass it again. This time she was fine. We got in line behind a few people, so the wait was longer then I liked (I was feeling rushed, last day and all.) What "free Disney Visa picture thing:" am I talking about you ask? Really it is just a character greeting that is only for Disney Visa members and you have to have your card to show them. They give you a coupon for a free print and let you have some quality time with a number of characters. Last time there was 4 in the room. Today it was just Goofy and Minnie. Still free is free. I went to pick up my print while DH let the kids play. It was 2:00 and our ME bus leaves at 3:40 so we were starting to feel the time crunch. We walked around WS starting with Mexico. The ride there was closed (new additions coming to it, I heard Donald and the 3 caballaros, or at least that is rumor DH told me.) So did stop to walk on to Norway's ride and look at the dolls in Germany. I grabbed some popcorn and a cinnamon pretzel at cart in "America" and we took a break to eat it.

Once back at BC, Lily was asleep. I used our last table credits and snacks to get some sandwiches and rice crispy treats to take to the airport along with a lemon Gelato to eat before leaving (Anna' loves these, no dairy, but Lily was asleep anyway.) DH took her to the bathroom. I saw a bus pull up, but it was a DCL bus. Still I asked just to be sure if that was ME and turns out it was. I called DH on the cell phone and they came running back. Lily slept the whole way back to the airport. They showed another commercial on the way back about MCO airport and planning your next Disney vacation. They sure drop you off a long way from your airline check in. Since Spirit does not participate in resort airline check in we got a cart to lug our luggage across the airport. Things sure are better when the kids can walk and help you out a little bit though. Lily was still so enamored by her new rolling princess back pack she rolled it herself all across the airport. We had just 30 min to stop and wolf down our sandwiches and drinks before having to toss all our liquids. I was feeling bad about the whole thing of Sprite I had to toss, so I opened it for one last drink and it exploded all over me. I guess that was a bad plan. I wasn't too pleased. I was able to take the 2 things of Danactive drinkable yogurt through inspection in a zip lock bag with no issues at all. I must say, the workers at MCO always seem so much more friendly and helpful then DTW. The flight back loaded a little late, but made up time in the air and we were home on time. It wasn't a full flight, and the seat next to me was empty. That meant Lily moved over by me often. The poor lady next to me ended up with Lily talking to her the whole way. She didn't seem to mind. Anna watched a DVD with Dad and was wonderful the whole way.

We were home, the girls in their bed by 11:00. 8 winter filled weeks to go until DH and I's 1st vacation alone in over 6 years. While I know I am going to miss the girls, and it is going to be hard to leave them, I am really looking forward to an easy breezy adults only trip. Even if it is for just 3 nights. My hope is we are going to be able to get so much done in less time, and some good relaxing too.

Really it was a great eventful trip. The 2 worst things that happened to me where the dozen or so mosquito bites on my ankles and legs that drove me a bit batty and the expolding Sprite on the way to the airport. When that is worst on a trip where so much could go wrong, that is downright great! Also they both happened to me. I would much rather have the bad things happen to me than the girls any day. We all stayed healthy, didn't lose anything (well that isn't true, the Ariel doll that is in so many pictures doesn't seem to be at home with us.) Still I know we can pick up another one in a few weeks. We met some new fun interesting people. Bus waits and standing on busses happens, even on the best times.

I am slightly disappointed we didn't get any "million wish" encounters. I was kind of thinking we would at least get something minor. Or even witness more of dream magic happening to others. Oh well, even with out it was pretty magical. The girls did get so many stickers from cast members who did want to give them something special. They really should get some new ones, that would be a cheap and fun way to make things a little special for 2007.

DisneyPhD

Original Poster
i LOVE the tye-dye shirts!

Thanks, we had fun and made them ourselves.
(I found the directions on line.)

It was a bit intimidating at 1st, but they turned out well and I think we even know how to do them better next time. It really comes down to you "sew" the Mickey head in the shirt with dental floss before rubber banding it. That really is the hard part. We used one of the plastic Mickey head plates they give out at the kids fast food meals.

Next time they are going to be even better!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom