James Cameron Developing ‘Avatar’ Live Show with Cirque du Soleil

NoChesterHester

well I ve always thought it would make a billion based on the name but anything after that would be because its a good movie

gotta remember that each prequel went down in revenue

That is only because they weren't that good. If the fans would have gotten quality movies then each one wouldn't have dropped off.

BigTxEars

The fact that Cameron and Iger think Avatar is in any way relevant shows there is a LOT of pride and ego involved.

If Disney wants to build something based on a lincense that lots and lots of people worldwide have heard of they could do much worse than picking the number one movie in history to draw from. I am not a huge Avatar fan myself but it has name recognition worldwide. Cameron has the top two movies in history in his pocket, he seems like he might have an ideal or two what people want. :)

englanddg

One Little Spark...
If Disney wants to build something based on a lincense that lots and lots of people worldwide have heard of they could do much worse than picking the number one movie in history to draw from. I am not a huge Avatar fan myself but it has name recognition worldwide. Cameron has the top two movies in history in his pocket, he seems like he might have an ideal or two what people want. :)
Note, I said relevant. Not recognizable.

flyerjab

Sorry to bump this thread, but I have been rereading some of the Avatar stuff concerning DAK. One of the things that occurred to me was this story about Cameron working with Cirque to develop an Avatar live show. Having read some earlier articles and noticing that people such as Rohde and Staggs keep mentioning additional entertainment/shows coming DAK, I now find myself wondering if the Cirque acrobats are going to be integrated into the Avatar expansion. It wouldn't surprise me at all if one of the new entertainment offerings coming to DAK would be a routine Avatar-themed Cirque performance. There has also been mention of entertainers around and about Discovery River at night. Wondering if that also might have something to do with the Cirque performers.

Next Big Thing

The cost to operate a real show like that with that level of performer would make TDO blush.
They do operate a show like this. It's called Festival of the Lion King.

It's just not 100% cirque, not to the scale of a cirque show certainly. And while the performers may not be top notch, they are definitely the best of any show on property in just about every way (vocally, acrobatics, performance, consistency etc.)

Soarin' Over Pgh

I see that Toruk is scheduled to play pittsburgh at the end of June. I'm debating whether I should/want to go.

Has anyone bought tickets, or is anyone planning on seeing this show?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom