I've never been on a cruise before...

Eric Graham

Original Poster
I hope so! We've cruised before but this will be our first cruise with the grands. We've taken them on other vacations - dollywood, great wolf lodge...
We've cruised with our grown daughter to the Bahamas... our grands are a bit too young so we won't be doing any excursions with them, just getting off to shop a bit. For adults there is a lot to see. We only had one day on our Carnival cruise to the Bahamas and chose to do a snorkeling excursion, and then shopping. We would like to go back to explore the pirate history of Nassau.
We have a favorite Greek restaurant, also with pictures of Greece. It's called Yeero Village. Greece is another bucket list trip we'd like to take, but without the grands.
We eat at a local Greek restaurant here. Such a very nice and wonderful Greek family. Have you ever had Saganaki before? It's an appetizer of cheese that comes from Greece, and they set it on fire to melt the cheese. It is so very scrumptious. I would love to especially visit where Mama Mia was filmed in Greece with Amanda Seyfried. Have you ever eaten at the Apple Barn in Pigeon Forge? They put real bananas in their banana pudding, and it was the best banana pudding that I've ever eaten in my life. So tasty. Thank you for the wonderful suggestion of the Bahamas. My brother has sailed a boat out to there, but I've never been. Snorkeling sounds very incredible. I've only done that at Discovery Cove in Orlando. Nassau would be very fabulous also!

Last edited:

Phonedave

So very happy that I started swimming again during my trip. I'm getting my strength back up. I was so nervous about getting into the water again after having food poisoning right after I swam and etc. By the way, could y'all please suggest a first cruise to me for my wife and I. My wonderful neighbors up the street suggest a 3 or 4 day cruise to the Carribean. What do y'all suggest for a first cruise?

I agree with a 3 or 4 day cruise for your first cruise. I lean towards recommending 4. A 3 day is too short to really get the feel of a cruise. The Caribbean is a good option. Most Caribbean cruses of 3 or 4 days go to Nassau and some sort of private island. Some go to the island 2x and other has a sea day in there. In all honesty, especially now, Nassau is not that great.

If you like Disney in general, then by all means, go on a Disney cruise. They are going to have top notch customer service. They are more pricey, but they are a great cruise line.

Eric Graham

Original Poster
I agree with a 3 or 4 day cruise for your first cruise. I lean towards recommending 4. A 3 day is too short to really get the feel of a cruise. The Caribbean is a good option. Most Caribbean cruses of 3 or 4 days go to Nassau and some sort of private island. Some go to the island 2x and other has a sea day in there. In all honesty, especially now, Nassau is not that great.

If you like Disney in general, then by all means, go on a Disney cruise. They are going to have top notch customer service. They are more pricey, but they are a great cruise line.
Thank you for the wonderful suggestion. We will definitely have to check out some 4 day cruises. I agree...three days does sound like a lot of time/travel before the cruise just for a short cruise. We do enjoy Disney in general, but we're wanting something new to do...

Last edited:

Eric Graham

Original Poster
After swimming, I was just carrying snacks galore (cookies) that I had just bought for my wife. A sudden gust of wind blew all of my cookies into the air and onto the street. Luckily, the cookie place gave me more cookies for no charge.
:p My wife was like why do all of these things always happen to me...

Eric Graham

Original Poster
I swam 12 laps at the Y today which was a whole lot for me. I am listening to Disney Hits on XM. They do a Be Our Guest compilation where someone picks 4 different songs and gets to hear them back on Disney Hits. Really fun...Tonight they had the Senior Marketing Manager for one of the Disney Cruise lines. She had picked a song from Encanto, Pirates, and another one of my favorites of course Frozen. Frozen got helped me through a very difficult time in my life a few years ago. They discussed the new place that Disney Cruise line is planning to travel to Disney Cruise Line at Lookout Point:

Looks pretty fun! I think Kristen Bell, Josh Gad, and Idina Menzel have the best voices. I think it's so wonderful that Kristen Bell fosters dogs also. Would be amazing to meet them also since I used to sing in the choir a time ago. Sweet Belle and I usually play with toys at night. She is such a sweetheart. Have a wonderful night!

Phonedave

This sounds like a fun cruise also:
That cruise line, Hurtigruten, is a really nice line. A lot of low emission ships, and a lot of naturalist driven programs and excursions.

They are also a transportation service. People on their ships are not necessary vacation cruisers. The line provides a way to get from town to town along the coast.

Eric Graham

Original Poster
That cruise line, Hurtigruten, is a really nice line. A lot of low emission ships, and a lot of naturalist driven programs and excursions.

They are also a transportation service. People on their ships are not necessary vacation cruisers. The line provides a way to get from town to town along the coast.
Thank you for the wonderful input. I had never heard about them before I had read the article.

Eric Graham

Original Poster
This looks like a lot of fun on the Disney Treasure: Zootopia Sweets Shop...I remember standing in line for Judy Hopps signature at the Halloween party before along with Winnie the Pooh Bear and friends! I've enjoyed a hot fudge sundae many a time at Beaches and Cream. My wife and I are definitely still planning a cruise sometime:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom