I've never been on a cruise before...

Phonedave

So very happy that I started swimming again during my trip. I'm getting my strength back up. I was so nervous about getting into the water again after having food poisoning right after I swam and etc. By the way, could y'all please suggest a first cruise to me for my wife and I. My wonderful neighbors up the street suggest a 3 or 4 day cruise to the Carribean. What do y'all suggest for a first cruise?

I agree with a 3 or 4 day cruise for your first cruise. I lean towards recommending 4. A 3 day is too short to really get the feel of a cruise. The Caribbean is a good option. Most Caribbean cruses of 3 or 4 days go to Nassau and some sort of private island. Some go to the island 2x and other has a sea day in there. In all honesty, especially now, Nassau is not that great.

If you like Disney in general, then by all means, go on a Disney cruise. They are going to have top notch customer service. They are more pricey, but they are a great cruise line.

Eric Graham

Original Poster
I agree with a 3 or 4 day cruise for your first cruise. I lean towards recommending 4. A 3 day is too short to really get the feel of a cruise. The Caribbean is a good option. Most Caribbean cruses of 3 or 4 days go to Nassau and some sort of private island. Some go to the island 2x and other has a sea day in there. In all honesty, especially now, Nassau is not that great.

If you like Disney in general, then by all means, go on a Disney cruise. They are going to have top notch customer service. They are more pricey, but they are a great cruise line.
Thank you for the wonderful suggestion. We will definitely have to check out some 4 day cruises. I agree...three days does sound like a lot of time/travel before the cruise just for a short cruise. We do enjoy Disney in general, but we're wanting something new to do...

Last edited:

Eric Graham

Original Poster
I swam 12 laps at the Y today which was a whole lot for me. I am listening to Disney Hits on XM. They do a Be Our Guest compilation where someone picks 4 different songs and gets to hear them back on Disney Hits. Really fun...Tonight they had the Senior Marketing Manager for one of the Disney Cruise lines. She had picked a song from Encanto, Pirates, and another one of my favorites of course Frozen. Frozen got helped me through a very difficult time in my life a few years ago. They discussed the new place that Disney Cruise line is planning to travel to Disney Cruise Line at Lookout Point:

Looks pretty fun! I think Kristen Bell, Josh Gad, and Idina Menzel have the best voices. I think it's so wonderful that Kristen Bell fosters dogs also. Would be amazing to meet them also since I used to sing in the choir a time ago. Sweet Belle and I usually play with toys at night. She is such a sweetheart. Have a wonderful night!

Phonedave

This sounds like a fun cruise also:
That cruise line, Hurtigruten, is a really nice line. A lot of low emission ships, and a lot of naturalist driven programs and excursions.

They are also a transportation service. People on their ships are not necessary vacation cruisers. The line provides a way to get from town to town along the coast.

Eric Graham

Original Poster
That cruise line, Hurtigruten, is a really nice line. A lot of low emission ships, and a lot of naturalist driven programs and excursions.

They are also a transportation service. People on their ships are not necessary vacation cruisers. The line provides a way to get from town to town along the coast.
Thank you for the wonderful input. I had never heard about them before I had read the article.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom