"It's time to wake up! We're here!"

"...and we're baaaaack (said in my very best Ben Affleck disc-jockey voice from one of the SNL skits with Jimmy Fallon)!"

I know there's a bit of a delay in posting this TR, but I've been preoccupied with sifting thru pictures, mail, Christmas shopping/wrapping, and *clears throat* planning our next trip for June 2013! It's the planning process that gets me through the Disney-blues, which my husband is suffering from as I type. Earlier today, as he sat at the computer listening to the entry music into EPCOT, he sighed a heavy sigh and said, "I miss home." I know exactly which "home" he's talking about...we all miss it!

Also, it would be fair to forewarn all of you that I took 1 measly food photo :( So, I will try my very best to describe the food we ate at our sit-down restaurants only.

Before I get down to the nitty-gritty, here's a quick re-cap of the "4 W's & 1 H" (the fifth "W" is the trip):

WHO: There are three travel parties, but here's the down-low on my family of four:

Me: Sara. This was my 13th trip (since 2003); a stay-at-home mom, occasionally working as a barista (as a coffee enthusiast, this job is the perfect "mommy time-out"); & DVC member since 2008. Had been looking forward to the F&W Festival, previewing FLE, and experiencing this:

SAM_1093 by journ116, on Flickr

DH: Joel. His 15th trip since middle-school; a germ-a-phoebe, and golf-enthusiast; supports the family's Disney habit as a sales rep in the Baked Goods industry. Got his fish n' chips fix twice ("thank you UK pavilion"), but did not get to indulge much in the F&W Festival as he had hoped to (one of the main reasons for going this time of year).

DSC_0130 by journ116, on Flickr

DD6: Chloe, 6. My sensitive 1st grader, who kindly and enthusiastically informed her classmates at EVERY sharing-time-circle that "We're going to Disney World in ____ days!" (Even her teacher was able to tell me exactly how many days we had to go!) She's never had a haircut and is mistaken for Rapunzel's little sister; was supposed to get her first trim at the Harmony Barber Shop, but...well, you'll find out later. The one thing she looked forward to the most on this trip: trying out new rides! This vacation marked her 11th trip to WDW!

DSC_0088 by journ116, on Flickr

DD2: Eliza, 3. The precocious-peanut of the family, who loved, Loved, LOVED all the meet-and-greets! Also, this kid loves her princess nightgowns; but I was able to reserve them specifically for bedtime and instead, invested in twirley skirts and princess t-shirts to appease her highness! Since she's too tiny for most of the rides, she was compensated in face-painting experiences. Completed her 6th trip, and seriously cannot wait to go back! (The next morning after arriving home, she asked, "We go on plane and bus today?")

DSC_0002 by journ116, on Flickr

Father-in-law, mother-in-law, DH's cousin, wife and DS7 complete the rest of our party.
(You'll see them in a little bit)

WHEN: Oct. 31-Nov. 8, 2012

WHERE: 2-bedroom, standard-view at Kidani Village (our home resort) for 5 nights and a 2-bedroom, lake-view at Bay Lake Tower (our new favorite due to location) for the last 3 nights. (Pictures to follow below)

WHY: Seriously?! It's Disney World, our "happiest place on Earth!"

HOW: Flying via AirTran out of PIT...this was a fiasco (read on to find out why).

TheMouseFan

Great TR! We're going to have to try Whispering Canyon on our next trip. Especially after reading about the banana french toast! We had the same problem at MCO with security. It took us forever! Luckily, our DME was on time and we were not in a rush to get through.

journ116

Original Poster
Loved the TR! It's always sad to go home after a good vacation

Thank you! And "yes," it's ALWAYS a bittersweet moment coming home...my DH was inches away from convincing me to stay another couple days...and if it was a possibility that we could stay at BLT (it wasn't due to the unofficial beginning of Jersey week, combined with opening weekend of Christmas festivities), we would've definitely stayed longer! Within days of returning home, I was already planning our next trip: June 4-12, 2013:D

Loved reading your trip report! Your girls are so cute. The picture of them holding Rapunzel's hair is my personal fave. Glad you had such a great trip!

Thank you for reading along!! For a while there, I thought only a few people had read it:confused: ! I, too, love the picture of my girls and Rapunzel! That particular Rapunzel was by far the BEST face-character we've EVER encountered! And although I felt the vacay moved slower than what I'm used to, it was a great trip and I will forever hold those memories close at heart!

Great TR! We're going to have to try Whispering Canyon on our next trip. Especially after reading about the banana french toast! We had the same problem at MCO with security. It took us forever! Luckily, our DME was on time and we were not in a rush to get through.

We love Wilderness Lodge...it's probably our favorite in terms of theming and atmosphere (followed by AKL)! Whispering Canyon is a great place to eat: between the food and service (try asking for ketchup or order a soda if you really want to get the servers going), this restaurant will continue to be a family favorite. But, if you find yourself at WL hungry and you don't have a ressie for breakfast, might I suggest stopping in at their QS restaurant: Roaring Fork!
Oh, and thank you for reading!! (time to finish up your TR;))

dnscbus

Any thoughts on how long Periwinkle is going to stick around? We arrive the 24th and stay for 7 or 8 days. Hope we get to see her!

journ116

Original Poster
Any thoughts on how long Periwinkle is going to stick around? We arrive the 24th and stay for 7 or 8 days. Hope we get to see her!

To be honest, I really couldn't say how much longer Periwinkle will be available for meet and greets. Because she's a winter fairy, I suspect she'll be around until spring. I haven't heard that she's gone from Tink's Nook. I think perhaps, there's a good chance that you'll get to see her!

journ116

Original Poster
Alrighty, time for some PHOTOPASS+ photos (I've included the "Limited License & Restrictions," because I couldn't find anywhere on this site with information pertaining to copyright release policies):

PhotoCD_InsertOut_f1 by journ116, on Flickr
(now you know I can legally put these photos out there ;))

Photo0003FourBySix by journ116, on Flickr
(in-laws and my little family)

Photo0009FourBySix by journ116, on Flickr
(Chloe practicing her archery while waiting to meet Merida)

Photo0066FourBySix by journ116, on Flickr
(MIL and the 'love of her life,' Goofy)

Photo0083FourBySix by journ116, on Flickr
(me and DH participating in our only meet-and-greet together)

Photo0132FourBySix by journ116, on Flickr
(the kids enjoying the dance party at the Diamond Horseshoe)

Photo0161FourBySix by journ116, on Flickr
(despite the photo being blurry, I love how it looks like Doug is licking Eliza's face)

Photo0165FourBySix by journ116, on Flickr

Photo0191FourBySix by journ116, on Flickr

Photo0257FourBySix by journ116, on Flickr

journ116

Original Poster
oops...I forgot the photo limit per post is 20, not 10...here's some more:

Photo0261FourBySix by journ116, on Flickr

Photo0315FourBySix by journ116, on Flickr
(here's when Chloe was not happy because she didn't get Cinderella's Royal Horse)

Photo0330FourBySix by journ116, on Flickr
(this is when the PhotoPass+ comes in handy, because I don't normally buy attraction photos)

Photo0338FourBySix by journ116, on Flickr

Photo0340FourBySix by journ116, on Flickr

(I'm debating on whether or not to post the one of my in-laws on Buzz...it's hilarious, but I need to ask them first...they both have a "deer in the headlights" look)

Photo0359FourBySix by journ116, on Flickr

Photo0395FourBySix by journ116, on Flickr

Photo0404FourBySix by journ116, on Flickr

Photo0420FourBySix by journ116, on Flickr
(this was our Christmas photo...saved me from having to think of a set up at home for our annual holiday greeting card)

Photo0421FourBySix by journ116, on Flickr

Photo0435FourBySix by journ116, on Flickr

Photo0438FourBySix by journ116, on Flickr
(DH claimed the reason he didn't beat me score-wise the last time we rode, was because he was too busy watching Eliza...he didn't beat me riding solo either...BAZINGA!)

Photo0440FourBySix by journ116, on Flickr

Photo0442FourBySix by journ116, on Flickr
(this was also a contender for our holiday greeting card)

journ116

Original Poster
aaaaand the last batch of PHOTOPASS+ pics:

Photo0452FourBySix by journ116, on Flickr
(I love this one of my in-laws: it looks like a 'prom' photo...they were celebrating their 43rd wedding anniversary:eek:!)

Photo0462FourBySix by journ116, on Flickr

Photo0464FourBySix by journ116, on Flickr

Photo0467FourBySix by journ116, on Flickr

Photo0474FourBySix by journ116, on Flickr
(another blurry PP+ photo...but I love Eliza's genuine reaction to seeing Periwinkle!)

Photo0486FourBySix by journ116, on Flickr

Photo0492FourBySix by journ116, on Flickr

Photo0497FourBySix by journ116, on Flickr

Photo0506FourBySix by journ116, on Flickr

Photo0516FourBySix by journ116, on Flickr

Photo0517FourBySix by journ116, on Flickr

Photo0528FourBySix by journ116, on Flickr

Photo0531FourBySix by journ116, on Flickr

Photo0534FourBySix by journ116, on Flickr
(this was at Buzz' M&G...once I told the girls to "go ahead, it's your turn," Eliza was like a horse out of the starting-gate...she couldn't wait to hug Buzz!)

Photo0536FourBySix by journ116, on Flickr
(Mission Accomplished!)

I have over 500 PP+ photos, half of which are 'stock' photos...but, I took a lot of the same pics as the photographer, which I've posted in my TR already. I also noticed a lot of out-of-focus photos and oddly positioned ones as well. This is why I love having a digital SLR, even though I rarely end up in the photos, because I'm too busy taking them;)!

I hope y'all enjoyed the TR...it was a great digital walk down memory lane! Now, if I could only find the strength to copy all of it and put it in a hard-bound scrapbook...hmmm...

Thanks for reading and giving me a place to post my WDW experience!!!:D

TheMouseFan

Thank you for sharing your trip with us. I really enjoyed reading it and looking at your pictures. I had the same experience with PhotoPass this time. There were some really good shots, but there were more not so good shots than I have experienced in the past. Oh well!!

journ116

Original Poster
Thank you for sharing your trip with us. I really enjoyed reading it and looking at your pictures. I had the same experience with PhotoPass this time. There were some really good shots, but there were more not so good shots than I have experienced in the past. Oh well!!

You're most welcome!!

journ116

Original Poster
Thank you for posting the report! I felt like I was there with you while I was reading it!!!

First, "you're welcome!" And second, but most important, "thank you" so much for reading! This TR was somewhat therapeutic and got me thru some Disney blues!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom