It's that time again!!!

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Well, it's that time again!! I'm hoping on a plane and heading to Chicago and when I get back..it will be my 60 day mark!! And that means...time to start packing! Break out the suitcases! Got my speadsheet of color coordinating outfits for me and my DH! That's right - not matching but color coordinated outfits!! Got look spiffy for all those pictures!!! YIPPEE!!!! So how far out do you start packing??? I'm so excited!!! :sohappy:

sueuk

:ROFLOL:You make me laugh. I thought I was a planner until you came along!! I can't wait until you post your reviews x :animwink:

Upvote 0

PoohBear119

Usually I start packing a couple weeks in advance, but this year I can't start packing till school is over and that's not till June 19th. I leave the 22nd, so I'm cutting it a little close.

Upvote 0

Susan Savia

I usually start packing about a month prior. Not all at once, but little by little. I usually match up my shorts to my Disney Tees, but thats about it. Hubby and son like the jean shorts with whatever tee... Only thing I put on paper is days of EMH's, any ADR's and the l0 day weather forecast so we can adjust (if necessary) which park for which day, just in case of rain. :)

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

Well, it's that time again!! I'm hoping on a plane and heading to Chicago and when I get back..it will be my 60 day mark!! And that means...time to start packing! Break out the suitcases! Got my speadsheet of color coordinating outfits for me and my DH! That's right - not matching but color coordinated outfits!! Got look spiffy for all those pictures!!! YIPPEE!!!! So how far out do you start packing??? I'm so excited!!! :sohappy:

Hi friend :wave:
I start my packing list about 3 months ahead of time and actually pack about a week before, but it kind of depends on what clothes are available to pack considering that I wear some of the clothes I would pack that week or toiletries I use. Sometimes it ends up being the day or two before.
I want to start packing now! haha!

Upvote 0

Disney_Belle

I usually get super excited about a month before and get anxious and start packing.

Then the next day I realize I still need whats in the suitcase :lol:.

But usually the week before I leave the suitcases open on the bedroom floor and as I come across things we will need for the trip I toss them in. Then the night before we leave I organize everything in the bag and pack it neatly away. I always pack my husbands clothes because I think I'm afraid he won't pack the right things and enough of them. But then he always goes back in and goes through everything anyways. I also take our traveling outfits out and fold them nicely on top of the luggage so that the next morning we can just get dressed and go.

My problem is the toiletries. I always buy my own shampoo and soap (along with wipes, a mini first aid kid, medicine, lotion, etc.) and I buy them wayyyy to far in advance (like 5 months lol). But for the next trip in September I am waiting until the day before so I have something to do to keep my mind off of it lol.

Upvote 0

Jessie&Buzz

I usually start getting stuff together a month or so ahead. This year I'll have to start earlier since I'll have to make sure we all have shorts that still fit. My kids grow like bad weeds! lol Luckily for us all the summer clothes will be going on clearance long before we need them. Gotta love sales! I don't match us all up but I do write down what shorts go with what shirt. If I don't I'm always standing there in the morning trying to remember what goes with what. My dd (11) has decided that she wants to wear summer dresses this year. That's fine with me. Won't take up as much room in the suitcase. We've picked up a few already. A day or so before we leave (we drive) I'll start packing up food and having the cold stuff together in the fridge. The morning of we'll pack the cooler and the kids bags (son can't sleep without his blankie so it's last to go in!)

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

Haha, that's hilarious that you do spreadsheets too!!! I never met anyone else that did that! I hate overpacking, so I try on every outfit & put down on the sheet my "definites" and which days I'd like to wear them! You're right - so many pictures, gotta have good outfits. :)

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Hi!!

So i put the packing on hold until Friday!! ha ha!!! I didn't take into consideration that I would have to do laundry when I got back from my trip and I didn't get home until 10 pm! So the laundry is done and I have Friday off!!! I understand the toiletry bag issue!! I solved that by making a special - always ready - toiletry bag. So I have everything separated and put together - so the only thing I have to put in is my perfume! :lol: My DH thinks i'm nuts!!!! :hammer: I'm going to do a little trying on of the outfits to confirm! And then in the bag they go!! ha ha I can't wait! I'm so glad I have all of you here!!!!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

lbrad

Usually I start packing a couple weeks in advance, but this year I can't start packing till school is over and that's not till June 19th. I leave the 22nd, so I'm cutting it a little close.

I leave the same day! Staying at Fort Wilderness Cabins...
See ya there:sohappy:

I've started my list but haven't packed anything yet. Usually start packing the week before.
DH , and DS (x2) pack the night before but I usually check their attire. DD starts packing a week ahead (takes after her mother)

Upvote 0

MinnieLee

It's great to see that I am not the only one who packs early. I get "harrassed" all the time from my kids (they are all grown) that my luggage is at the front door two weeks before we leave- tagged and ready to go. I usually have 90% packed one month before but have secretly been setting aside things I will be taking for at least two months. Starting taking out the spring/summer clothes last Sunday and putting aside the Disney clothes! Leaving in 38 days, 23 hours, 52 minutes but who is counting!!!! Where are my DME TAGS!!!!! They mean it is at the 30 day mark and getting closer! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

pjulie75

You are so organised, we don't colour co-ordinate outfits, but we might this year:ROFLOL:!!! I have 75 days to go so have plenty of time to draw up a spreadsheet, I only have 1 spreadsheet for where we are going on what day and all colour co-ordinated, I love it!! I look at it everyday and get really excited. I also have a few drawers with the girls clothes for their summer holiday and have a little look and think "what do I NEED to buy next?", my husband says, "NOTHING", but I just can't help it!! I have just bought the girls gorgeous Cinderella dresses and will give them the dresses for their Easter, can't wait to see their faces:sohappy:. Happy Packing:animwink:

Upvote 0

:ROFLOL::sohappy::ROFLOL: Well I thought it was just me!!I usually start packing right after the holidays for when we go in spring ( we went in early March) but we planned a trip for Sept. because the spring trip was a disaster!! Well I won't be able to pack because we will still be wearing warm weather clothes at home!! :eek: What can an obsessive planner such as myself do??

Upvote 0

kstella

I pack the day before. I don't have room to have suitcases sitting out and the dog would freak when she saw them. This drives my mother crazy. She starts pacing at least three weeks ahead of time.

Upvote 0

melissw

We leave 2 weeks from tomorrow :sohappy: and I just made the packing list the other day. I've been gathering a pile of clothes and toiletries in the guest bed and bath. I wanted try to get most of my suitcase together today but I was busy making Easter desserts :slurp:. But I'll have to do it soon so I can decide whether we want to do 2 carryon's + send a small box of things that can't be in carryon's OR do 1 carryon and 1 checked bag. But other than packing I have a bunch of trip planning info ready to go on the computer and just need to print it out the day before. :wave:

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
My kitties get all freaked when they see the bags! They think that we are leaving - and then when we don't leave for two months, they get all confused!!!! :lol: Poor things! Finishing up the packing now!!! Watching Mary Poppins on ABC Family and munching on Easter candy! Life is good!!! :sohappy: Even though I won't be wearing these clothes for a while, it feels like I have all new clothes when I get to Disney!! It is so fun!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Camelot

I enjoy making my "Packing List" months before my trip. It's just a basic packing list that I use for every trip, and build on it, depending on where I am going. For Disney, it's mostly casual clothes, like jeans, casual slacks, and tops, with a few dressy tops to dress up the slacks.

For me, packing light is important....one medium sized suitcase and tote bag can serve me for a week's worth of clothes, which I will mix and match. I, too, plan my "wardrobe" in advance.

My friends and I have traditionally gone to Disney the first week of December, so you have to plan for both warm and cool weather. So I will plan on layering things. The heaviest piece of clothing I have brought to Disney is a cable knit hooded zippered sweater.

About a month before the trip, I will get out my suitcase and start packing a few things at a time, but usually my packing is mostly done a few days before the trip. The last thing I pack is my down feather pillow, which I always take with me.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom