IT's offical Disney Stores SOLD!!

TheDisneyGirl02

danzingcutie12 said:
DisneyGirl...Any chance you read the "I still work for walt" article on Savedisney.com??

Mandy
Yes I did...and I'm glad I did because it was very inspirational to me. I printed it out and it's hanging up backstage at my store. I should find the link and post it...

TheDisneyGirl02

weluvtink

SnowWhite5669 said:
What time are you working the day after Thanksgiving....15% and beyond!!(haha). I am in at 4:30AM!! Our store opens at 5AM!! :sohappy:
I am in at 4a.m. till 12:30 or later. I'm very excited. I'll be very happy to see all the stuff I've been fighting with backstage be sold.
Does anyone else think it's unfair that Childrens Place employee can use their discount the weekend after Thanksgiving but we have to wait till we get new IDs to shop there with our discount? I have two small kids so an extra discount would have been nice that weekend.
P.S. I just got my second teamwork award at our holiday meeting. :sohappy:

Oh, I don't work in a store. I come from a Disney family. My mom (who just got her 15th year award) is the author of the "I still work for walt" speech!!!

Mandy :)

monorail256

I think a lot of whats been going on is unfair. Disney Company employees getting a 30% discount, when we get nothing but 3 one day one parks? I think thats just wrong and it bothers me. As for us not getting a Childrens Place discount til after we get our new ID's... thats bull. I for one know I have never shopped at that store, and probably never will -- but to those who can use that discount, I believe they should be entitled to it on day one.

Representin' Store 559 :lol:

Captain Hank

Wow, I didn't know about the "I Still Work for Walt" speech. Amazing. Tell your mom thanks from all of the rest of us TDS CM's!

By the way, does anyone have a picture of the castle-type store rennovation? I'm curious to see what might be in the future for my store.

weluvtink

monorail256 said:
I think a lot of whats been going on is unfair. Disney Company employees getting a 30% discount, when we get nothing but 3 one day one parks? I think thats just wrong and it bothers me. As for us not getting a Childrens Place discount til after we get our new ID's... thats bull. I for one know I have never shopped at that store, and probably never will -- but to those who can use that discount, I believe they should be entitled to it on day one.

Representin' Store 559 :lol:

I work in store 558, that is until Sunday when we become Store 6558.

TheDisneyGirl02

Wow...wonder what my new store number will be? We are currently 814. It's too bad what's going on...I wonder what the high ups in Children's Place got as far as Disney benefits? Hopefully what we got, 3 one day passes a year...but I dou

TheDisneyGirl02

walts son 1971

Account Suspended
Im sure they got nothing since they are paying disney for our 3 tickets a year.Did a google search on the childrens place the owners have a very interesting past.They give a lot of money to Isrial and the father used to own Gitano stores but went bankrupt in the 80s,and they have a lot of divorces so money is going everywhere.Sounds like every other american company.Im sure Eisner and his gang are having a good laugh unloading the sinking ship on these people,disney got a great deal sorry to say.

monorail256

Well fellow castmembers... tomorrow is our last day with the Disney company. It's going to be a really tough day... but I know that we are going to be able to get through this.

~Thank you all for spreading the magic throughout your towns and making guests return to your store time after time again - although we might not have the Disney CM title anymore, we still have a duty to our guests, and that's to provide them with the best and most enjoyable retail experiance ever.
~Thank you to my wonderful management team, along with, I'm guessing most of all of yours, for making this process of transition a smooth one.
~Thank you to all the members on these boards for making my life a little brighter by expressing how much you enjoy/enjoyed our stores.
~Thank you to my cast ID for officializing my employment with the Mouse. It was the best feeling in the world. I'm sorry I have to let you go...
~Thank you to Walt Disney, for inspiring me to be a better person and to reach my goals throughout life.
~Thank you to Mickey Mouse and the rest of the gang for making our atmosphere fun.
~Thank you to The Childrens Place, for fighting to give us some type of Disney benefit, when Disney just wanted to abandon us. Also, thank you for bringing us out of a dark period in the chains history. I look forward to our future, and the success of the stores under your leadership.

FINALLY
~Thank you to Michael Eisner for finally realizing that he needs to step down. I hope that these stores have a kick @ss next few years, and that you finally realize that you have just lost some of the best employees on the face of this earth. Although pay was low, the work was hard, and call-in shifts sucked, I stuck with you and the rest of my favorite company through thick and thin. I can't wait for you to leave... the company will be much better off.

And here ends my rant. Good luck to all tomorrow... and the rest of this holiday season. And really guys, for those of you sticking around, let's try and make this next year our best yet -- and shove it in Eisners face.

weluvtink

danzingcutie12 said:
Oh, I don't work in a store. I come from a Disney family. My mom (who just got her 15th year award) is the author of the "I still work for walt" speech!!!

Mandy :)

I just read the speech. That is how most of the people I work with feel. We are excited at the same time because we are hoping that Childrens Place gives us the support we've needed for so long. What store does your mom work in?

weluvtink

danzingcutie12 said:
My mom works at store #330...in Cherry Hill, New Jersey!!!

Mandy
We work in the same district. I'm in the Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing. We got our new ID cards. I guess enough people complained about the discount.

walts son 1971

Account Suspended
Had to give up my cast ID card yesterday really ticked me off.Was hopeing I could keep my old ID but they are even taking that away.We didnt get our new Childrens place ID yet.I decided last night after working there that I was going to quit today and not at the end of the month.I cant work there anymore not working for Disney I know Disney sold us but the only reason I worked there for 6 plus years was to work for Disney and get discounts in WDW and thats it.i hate retail and hate working in december the guests are nasty this time of year.So as of yesterday I no longer work for disney so theres no sence in staying I love disney and I know they sold us and I understand why they did.No matter what you all say the stores are no longer Disney and you dont work for disney and we are no longer a castmember we are just employees like working at walmart selling disney products.If you enjoy retail and like the employees you work with and dont care about the WDW discounts then you should stay with the childrens place.Im going to miss the store a lot but its time for me to move on.

TheDisneyGirl02

It was really sad on Saturday night when the store closed. I was crying so hard. I helped close the gates, which made it even worse. I really thought somebody was going to step in and save us...
I still have my ID. I"m scanning it onto the computer at work so I least I have a copy for sentimental reasons. The new paper ID's are pretty much crap. I'm hoping to laminate mine.
I must admit that I'm still excited for Friday. I love it...and I hope we, as The Disney Store's can prove Eisner and Iger wrong for selling us. That's what my sight is set on!

TheDisneyGirl02

walts son 1971

Account Suspended
Eisner and Iger are laughing all the way to the bank,this was a great deal for disney.They make more $$ with little overhead,it was a great deal.I think the childrens place has a tough road ahead of them.Remember the more you sell the more Disney makes so your not hurting Eisner or Iger at all only making the deal better for them.As a stock holder it was a smart move because the disney stores where dragging the company down.Yes its disneys falt that the stores sold crap for years that killed us.The last couple years things have improved at the stores thats thanks to Kay but the childrens place didnt keep her so she went back to england.I think at the end disney brought in some good people who where actually saving the stores and sales where up dumping the low sales stores.But sadly the childrens place didnt keep any of those people.I see Igers wife Willow Bay is back as a news anchor,she used to be on CNN money line now I think I saw her on MSNBC not sure.She probably doesent want to work for her husband on ABC.One other thing when I left working yesterday all our registers went down and our manager didnt know who to call now that rescue rangers is gone they came up 45 minutes later.:lol:

TheDisneyGirl02

That's odd because we were able to get a hold of Rescue Rangers from my store. The Disney Rewards cards from Visa weren't working, so my manager called and they helped us solve the problem.

Although I know Disney is still making money from this, I still want to prove them wrong for selling us. Maybe this is the only way I can justify what happened...

TheDisneyGirl02

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom