It's Christmas Time in Disney - A November Trip Report

Well it’s been a month since I returned from my trip and it’s about time I started writing my trip report! I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! We have certainly had a busy holiday season. The craziness started with our annual 3-day celebration of Thanksgiving before we left for 5 nights at Walt Disney World. Upon returning home from our trip, it was Christmas party after Christmas party up until the actual day. Whew. I’m exhausted just remembering all of the events. :D So now that I am finally getting some free time again, let’s get going.

The Details

Who: Me (Ashley) and my husband (Wes)
IMG_3847.jpg

My Mom and Dad - My parents last trip was in 2009.
IMG_4081.jpg

My Aunt (Val) and Uncle (Tom) - Their last trip was in 2008 with their daughter-in-law and granddaughter. Apparently they never left Toontown so they were very happy to learn that it was no more. :p
IMG_3949.jpg

My cousin (Kevin) and his wife (Allyson) - This was their first trip to WDW since they were kids.
IMG_3914.jpg

Wes’ Mom and Dad - They are DVC members and have been going just about once a year since '91 so they take a much more relaxed approach to their trips.
41933540073.jpg

When: Sunday November 25th – Friday November 30th

Where: Disney’s Yacht Club Resort

A Little Background Info
This trip started off with only 6 of us going; my parents, aunt and uncle and me and Wes. One weekend at the beach, we were talking to my cousin and his wife about our trip and my aunt talked them into going on our trip. We were around the 81-day mark when we added an additional 2 to our party. We had made all of our reservations at 180 days out so now we were on a mission to try to add 2 more to each reservation. Tammy was able to work her magic and get half of our reservations switched from 6 to 8 and I booked some backups for Kevin and Allyson, just in case they couldn’t eat with us. Then around the 45-day mark, Wes’ parents decided that they were also going to WDW the same time we were. Oh boy. Our party had gone from 6 to 8 to 10! My head was exploding. Hahaha I told Wes there was no way I was changing reservations again. Luckily, Wes’ parents didn’t plan on spending the entire trip with us since they don’t go to the parks every day so they were only going to join us a couple days and for one meal. After many revisions, our plans were finalized and we were ready for our trip! :D

Sunday November 25th – Disney World Here We Come!
When we planned our trip, it slipped my mind that today would be one of the busiest travel days of the year; The Sunday after Thanksgiving. Oops. We were hoping for the best but we decided we better get to the airport with some extra time just in case.

Our flight was at 9am so the plan was to leave for the airport at 6:45am. We drove to my parent’s house to meet everybody, drop off the dog with the dog sitter, and left their house a little after 7 to head to the airport. My Dad and cousin dropped the rest of us off with all of the luggage and went to park the cars in long-term parking. We checked all of our bags at curbside check in and the baggage handler couldn’t have been better. He told us all we could wait inside, since it was so cold, and brought us our boarding passes. We made our way to security and the line was the longest I have ever seen it. We got in line and slowly made our way to through security.

The line moved quicker than we thought and by the time we were through, my Dad and Kevin were almost to the front of the line. We made it to the gate by 7:49. Not too shabby. The Southwest terminal at RDU is amazing. The security line was the longest I had ever seen it and still, from the time we left our house to the time we were at the gate was only about 49 minutes. Amazing.

Our flight was easy and uneventful. We landed about 10 minutes early and I was really excited to be ahead of schedule. Then we waited on the tarmac for an additional 15 minutes and ended up getting off the plane later than our original arrival time. Not so great. We made our way to Disney’s Magical Express and there were more complications. We all went through with our booklets and then Kevin and Allyson realized that their booklet didn’t have the same barcode as ours. The cast member told them they would have to wait in the line at the counter to get one. Ugh. The trip had barely started and I was already stressed. As Kevin and Allyson were waiting in line, they realized that they had a separate DME booklet with their barcode. So after only a 5-minute delay, they were joining us in line. I asked if they had another booklet but they didn’t think they did. I should have looked at all of their paperwork beforehand but I just assumed their barcode would be in the same spot as ours. After a few minor delays, we were on the bus on our way to the Yacht Club!

IMG_3700.jpg

Woo hoo!

With the way our morning was going, of course, the Yacht Club was the very last stop. Hahaha Isn’t that always how it is?! :) We arrived at 12:15, an hour after boarding DME. It had been a long, somewhat stressful morning but I was instantly relaxed once we entered the Yacht Club lobby! I had to pick up some MVMCP tickets for Wes’ parents and pick up Wes’ park ticket so I went to the concierge while everyone else went to check in.

I got the tickets with a minor wait and met everyone else at check in. We had requested adjoining rooms and were pleased to learn that we would get rooms right next to each other! Two of the rooms were ready, our room and Val and Tom’s. We were on the 2nd floor so we made our way to the elevators so everyone could drop off their luggage in our rooms. I was too busy with getting the tickets and checking in to take any pictures of the lobby but there would be many more later. Wes’ parents had arrived the day before so they went over to Beaches and Cream to put our name on the list for a table for 10. They were already there and waiting so after checking in, Wes went to join them while we dropped off our bags.

I was really excited because our room was really close to the elevators and later we realized that we were super close to the stairs in the lobby so waiting for elevators wasn’t necessary.

IMG_3705.jpg

My parents dropped off their bags in our room so I needed to wait until after their room was ready to take pictures of the room. There were just too many bags and people in the way to take pictures now. :) We were also in a hurry to get to lunch at Beaches and Cream! We went next door to Val and Tom’s room to gather everyone for lunch. Wes and I had bought a little gift to give Tom for our trip. When we first started talking about this trip and staying at the Yacht Club, Wes and I decided that we should start calling Tom the Captain. The idea initially started from the How I Met Your Mother episode with the Captain. Now Tom doesn’t remind us of the Captain on the show but we just thought it would be funny for him to wear a Captain’s hat at the Yacht Club.

IMG_3704.jpg

Tom really enjoyed his hat!

Wes texted me to let me know that our table at Beaches and Cream was ready so we all made our way to the restaurant.

IMG_3728.jpg

IMG_0603.jpg

Instagram love.

IMG_3709.jpg

We were initially all seated around 2 of the round tables in the middle of the restaurant. Now, remember, there were 10 of us seated around those 2 small tables. As soon as our drinks were delivered it confirmed that there was no way that food for 10 people would fit on the table. We asked if we could pull up another round table but they said it was in another section so we couldn’t. Luckily there was a booth open that they said we could use so 4 of us moved there so we could eat our lunch without being so cramped.

IMG_3710.jpg

We were on the Deluxe Dining Plan for this trip so there are a lot of food pictures for this trip report! :D We ordered appetizers and I was so upset because my Dad, Tom and Kevin didn’t order appetizers! :eek: How can you not order an appetizer when you are on the DDP?! Hahaha I let it slide since it was just the first meal of the trip but I still didn’t like it. My Mom, Val and I ordered onion rings, and Wes and Allyson ordered Caesar salads. Unfortunately since Allyson was sitting at the other table, I wasn’t able to get a picture of her salad before she started eating it and Wes gave his salad to his Mom so I didn’t get a picture of it either.

IMG_3711.jpg

Mmmm delicious!
IMG_3712.jpg

My Mom made a Mickey out of onion rings.

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
Our appetizers were all really good. I liked my soup but my favorite is still the taquiza. Wes was very nice and let me have one of his. Everyone did a lot of sharing because everything was just so good. Val and my Mom loved the queso fundido! My Mom actually saved some of it just in case she didn’t like her entrée.

Entrees were up next. I got the tacos de camarones, Wes, my Mom, Val and Allyson ordered the pollo al pastor, my Dad and Kevin got the costiallas en salsa de Chile, and Tom got the pescado a la talla.

IMG_4850.jpg

Tacos de Camarones - Fried shrimp, chipotle-lime aioli, cabbage, lime and salsa verde, all served over flour tortillas
IMG_4849.jpg

Pollo al Pastor - Achiote marinated chicken served with roasted vegetables, beans and pineapple relish

IMG_4852.jpg

Costiallas en salsa de Chile - Braised shorts ribs, served with potato puree and chile de árbol Sause

IMG_4851.jpg

Pescado a la Talla - Grilled tilapia sreved with esquites (roasted corn), nopales (cactus leaves) and mango chutney

To my delight, everyone loved their entrees! Wes and I loved this restaurant when we ate there in February, so I was worried that everyone else wouldn’t love it as much as we did. Luckily, everyone loved it so far.

Last but not least was dessert! :D I don’t remember what each person ordered except that I got the nieves, Wes got the empanada de manzana and Allyson got the helado de maiz. Someone also ordered the mousse de chocolat because I have a picture of it.

IMG_4855.jpg

Nieves - Traditional Mexican sorbets

IMG_4856.jpg

Empanada de Manzana - puff pastry filled with sauteed caramel apples, served with dulce de leche ice cream and cajeta (caramel sauce)

IMG_4857.jpg

Helado de Maiz - corn ice cream served with candied popcorn

IMG_4854.jpg

Mousse de Chocolat - Chocolate mousse and almond brittle candy

Desserts were a mix of good and bad. My sorbets were delicious and so was the apple puff pastry! No one really liked the chocolate mousse. It didn’t taste chocolate enough for my Mom or Val and had a strong mint taste to it. Allyson’s popcorn ice cream was really odd. None of us liked it but we all had to keep trying it because it was so strange. Hahaha

We still had our desserts when IllumiNations started. They dimmed the lights in the restaurant and piped in the music. We had fantastic seats!

IMG_4868.jpg

IMG_4871.jpg

IMG_4872.jpg

IMG_4879.jpg

We were so close to the fireworks, it was insane!! I don’t think you could get any closer except for the quick service area outside. We kept saying that those people must be really feeling the heat!

Everyone loved our dinner and were now huge fans of La Hacienda de San Angel! :D I was so happy that everyone loved it as much as Wes and I did. We paid our check and sadly it was time for us to leave our beloved restaurant.

Val wanted to stop by MouseGear again to show Kevin an outfit she wanted to get for Layla, Val’s granddaughter and Kevin’s niece. Wes was pretty tired so he wanted to head back to the resort. My Mom decided to go with him. I found out at Christmas that they had gone back together to pick out some Christmas gifts for me. :D Sneaky, sneaky.

So the rest of us ventured off to MouseGear.

IMG_4886.jpg

IMG_4888.jpg

They didn’t have the size Val needed for Layla so it was a quick trip to MouseGear and then we made our way back to the Yacht Club for our final night in Disney. :(

IMG_4891.jpg

I did not want to leave. As we walked, Kevin and Allyson were asking me what all the different countries were along World Showcase. I was pointing them out and they were shocked that I could tell which country was which when they were only visible from their white light outlines. I had to remind them that I have been so many times, it’s pretty easy to know which country is which at this point since I know their order around World Showcase. :)

We got back to the YC around 10:15 and parted ways. It was time to take a shower and pack up all of our belongings so we could check out tomorrow morning. :(

IMG_4892.jpg

A swan on our bed when we returned to the room.

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
Friday, November 30th – Hollywood Studios and a Flight Home

I woke up a little before 7 to finish packing everything and get ready for our last day. Wes and I walked down to the BC Marketplace to get some snacks and refill our mugs. I also really wanted to start collecting Vinylmations. I had been talking about starting since our honeymoon trip but I hadn’t actually bought any yet. Wes thought they were stupid but he finally gave in and said it was fine for me to start collecting. I couldn’t decide between the Star Wars ones or the Pixar ones and Wes said I should go with the Pixar ones. So I picked up my first Vinylmation and we went back to our room to get our bags to drop off with bell services, enjoy our snacks and open my Vinylmation!

We dropped off our snacks in the room and grabbed our bags to drop off with bell services. We left our carry on bags with them and then went outside to drop off our checked bags with the airline check in people.

After dropping off our bags, I got a text from Allyson saying they weren’t going to go with us this morning. They wanted to sleep in and would just meet us for lunch. On our way back to the room, we ran into Val who also said that they were also going to meet us for lunch. So our group of 8 was down to 4. No problem though!

IMG_4894.jpg

Wes’s cinnamon crumb cake

IMG_4895.jpg

My cherry Danish…notice I couldn’t help but take a bite. :D

IMG_4896.jpg

It was time to open my first Vinylmation and I got…

IMG_4897.jpg

A creepy clown! Hahaha It was Chuckles from Toy Story 3 but I couldn’t help but laugh that the first Vinylmation I got was a creepy looking clown. I was looking forward to collecting more.

We met my parents in our usual spot and let them know that it would only be the 4 of us. We caught a boat to DHS and arrived around 8:30. The park wasn’t opening until 9 but they were already letting people in when we got up to the turnstiles at 8:45.

I ran ahead to get us FPs for TSMM. The return time was already for 10:25 so I grabbed some and met the rest of the group by the standby entrance. We rode standby with little wait and I did so bad! My arm kept cramping up and I just couldn’t get a good score.

IMG_4902.jpg

IMG_4903.jpg

Not a terrible score but it’s certainly not my best

Next, I really wanted to ride Rock n’ Roller Coaster again but Wes wasn’t feeling up to it. My Dad said he would go with me and my Mom and Wes decided to go into One Man’s Dream. I was sad to miss this attraction since I love it but I really wanted to go on RnR again.

IMG_4904.jpg

IMG_4905.jpg

So my Dad and I walked to RnR where it had a posted wait time of 20 minutes. We walked through the queue and were into the garage within a few minutes. When we got to the garage, they were actually sending through cars with empty rows! It was so frustrating to see the cast member not filling up all the cars. He just wasn’t putting people into the loading area fast enough.

We were finally seated up towards the front of the ride. It felt really short sitting up in the front. After we exited, I went to get our picture and then we decided to ride again since the line was so short.

41809420011.jpg

We rode again and this time got to sit towards the back of the car. It’s so much better in the back, which is like the complete opposite for a lot of roller coasters but is definitely true for this one!

I again went to go get our picture and my Dad went outside. I told him I would meet him there.

41809420012.jpg

After getting our picture, I went outside and didn’t see my Dad anywhere. I stood around for a couple minutes and then thought that maybe he said to meet in front of Star Tours where we were meeting Wes and my Mom. So I decided to start walking over there. I kept stopping every once in awhile to looks around to see if he was around but I didn’t see him anywhere so I kept walking. I called Wes once I was close, asking if my Dad was there. He said he hadn’t seen him so now I was worried that I left him back at RnR.

I kept trying to call my Dad but it turns out that he had given Wes his phone. So after I arrived at Star Tours, my Mom, Wes and I started walking around to see where my Dad was. He showed up a few minutes later. It turned out that he had run in to use the restrooms outside of RnR and I must have exited the shop right after he went in. He came out of the restroom and didn’t see me so he waited a few minutes and then realized that I must have left already.

So after slightly losing each other, we went on Star Tours. There was absolutely no wait so we walked right on. After Star Tours, it was on to Muppet Vision 3D.

IMG_4906.jpg

At around 9:30, Val sent me this picture.

IMG_0703.jpg

Love this! :D

It was then time to use our TSMM FPs, so we made our way back to Pixar Place.

IMG_4908.jpg

IMG_4909.jpg

Love these trash cans

IMG_4910.jpg

I did much better this time around but Wes still crushed me! I think these may be our highest scores EVER! I need to look back at pictures to see if they really are.

IMG_4911.jpg

IMG_4912.jpg

IMG_4913.jpg

When we exited the ride, it was time for us to check in for lunch. Val texted us that they were in the park and heading to the 50’s Prime Time Café to meet us for lunch.

IMG_4914.jpg

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
Our reservations were for 11am so the restaurant had just opened. I went to check us in while everyone else waited outside.

I love the interior of this restaurant.

IMG_4916.jpg

We were seated right away so I went back outside to grab everyone else.

IMG_4919.jpg

IMG_4922.jpg

Our waitress Sabrina came over to greet us and she was really funny. Everyone was playing along with the whole “waitress is mean to you thing” and having a good time. Wes turned to me after Sabrina left and said “I don’t like this at all”. Hahaha He had never eaten here before so he didn’t really know what to expect. I told him what it was like but it’s different when you are there. I’m not a huge fan of the mean wait staff thing but my Mom loves this place because it reminds her of being a kid.

For appetizers, I ordered the onion rings, Wes got the fried herb and garlic cheese, my Mom, Bal and Kevin got the crab cake, and my Dad, Tom and Allyson got the wedge salad.

IMG_4929.jpg

IMG_4926.jpg

IMG_4927.jpg

IMG_4928.jpg

My onion rings were very tasty. The fried herb and garlic cheese thing was a little strange but it was pretty good. No complaints about the crab cakes or the wedge salads but there were also no rave reviews about them either.

IMG_4930.jpg

For entrees, I ordered the chicken Caesar salad, Wes and my Mom got the fried chicken, my Dad and Tom got the meatloaf, Val and Kevin got the salmon, and Allyson got the sampler.

IMG_4935.jpg

IMG_4933.jpg

IMG_4934.jpg

IMG_4932.jpg

IMG_4931.jpg

Our entrees were good but not great. No one really loved anything. Most of our party didn’t finish their meals or their vegetables. I finished my salad though! Why else do you think I ordered a Caesar salad? I didn’t want to get yelled at. :D So everyone passed their plates down to the end of the table. Allyson didn’t finish her collared greens, and I told her to hide them under her mashed potatoes and chicken. Well when Sabrina came to take our plates away, she started inspecting the plates and found all of Allyson’s vegetables. She started to blame Tom since the plates were in front of him and we all just couldn’t stop laughing. When we ordered our entrees, Sabrina asked my Mom if she would eat her vegetables. My Mom told her that she would. Well, my Mom didn’t finish all of her corn so Sabrina fed a bite to my Mom. It was a very memorable way to end our trip and I caught the moment with my camera!

IMG_4936.jpg

For desserts, Allyson and I got the apple crisp, Wes, my Dad, Tom and Kevin got the Dad’s brownie sundae, and my Mom and Val got the ice cream sundae.

IMG_4937.jpg

IMG_4938.jpg

I forgot to take a picture of the ice cream sundae but they were pretty generic. The apple crisp was not good at all. There were too many oats on top that it felt like it was too healthy for dessert. And no one really liked the Dad’s brownie sundae. They didn’t realize all the toppings that would come with it and they didn’t like it. Oh well. Even though we weren’t blown away by the food so much, we all had a fun meal!

IMG_4940.jpg

I really like this tree in the 50’s Prime Time Café!

We didn’t have much time before we had to leave to catch DME to the airport but we still had some snack credits left to use. Val and Allyson had used all of their snack credits earlier that morning, but Wes and I still had some left and so did my parents. So we went to the Scary Apothecary to use our last credits.

IMG_4941.jpg

While we were in the shop, Wes came over and said that he wanted to start collecting the Vinylmation too! He picked up a Star Wars one. I reminded him that this morning he told me they were stupid and he said “well I figure that if you are doing it, then I will collect them too so we can collect them together”. Aww! :D He’s so sweet! Since he was getting one, I decided that I would get another one! So this morning we had no Vinylmation and now we had 3! :D I decided to go with the Animation series. We decided that we would wait until we got to the airport to open them up.

Now that we had used all of our snack credits, it was officially time to leave. :( We made our way out of DHS and caught the ferry back to the YC.

IMG_4942.jpg

Goodbye Hollywood Studios! I will miss you!

IMG_4943.jpg

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
IMG_4945.jpg

When we got back to the YC, we had about 10 minutes until DME was going to pick us up. Wes took our mugs to get one last refill before we left and the rest of us went to the restrooms and bell services to pick up our bags. We went to wait outside and our bus arrived right on time. I was started to freak out because Wes wasn’t back yet and I was worried he was going to miss the bus. I called him and he said he was waiting for us in the lobby. I told him we were outside and the crisis was averted.

IMG_0705.jpg

We had no more stops after they picked us up so it was straight on to the airport.

IMG_4946.jpg

So long WDW

We arrived at the airport at 2:40 and went through the shortest lines I’ve ever seen at MCO’s security. We had about two hours to wait at our gate before we took off and we opened our Vinylmations while we waited. It was one final touch of Disney that we had saved. :D Wes got a R2D2 and I got Dopey! Very good picks. Our flight boarded on time and it was an uneventful flight.

When I got home, I took some pictures of our new Vinylmation.

IMG_0707.jpg

Final Thoughts of the Trip

Overall, we had an absolutely wonderful trip! It was challenging at times, being a group of 8. We certainly had our ups and downs but we really had fun. The secret to large groups is definitely splitting up and getting some time away from each other. I think if we ever do a trip with a large group again, I’ll plan time apart within the parks and make sure that everyone knows at the beginning of the trip that it’s fine to split up.

I really loved the Yacht Club! It’s in such a great location and I really love the theme. I like the Beach Club too but I think the Yacht Club is more my style. There also seemed to be fewer kids there which I liked since I currently don’t have any. :D It feels more relaxed in the YC lobby without so many kids running around. That’s hard to find in WDW so I enjoyed it.

I love WDW at Christmas time! It is still my favorite time of year to go. The decorations are just so beautiful and it really helps you get in the Christmas spirit.

The hardest part about leaving this trip was that I don’t have another trip planned to WDW. On the last 3 trips, I have had another WDW trip planned already so it has made leaving a lot easier when I know when I will be back. We have a cruise on the Fantasy in May so that should hold me over for a little while. :D But it was still sad saying goodbye to my beloved WDW.

My little point and shoot did an okay job on this trip but I could tell that it was slowly dying. Pictures just weren’t as good as they have been and I knew I would need a new camera soon. We had planned to buy a Canon DSLR before our cruise and then for Christmas Wes’ family gave me a Canon Rebel T4i!! :D I was so happy!! I can’t wait to use it on our cruise. It takes some fabulous pictures!

That’s all for my final thoughts. Until next time, thanks for reading everyone!

tiaragirl

I loved this TR! I appreciate the challenges you went through with the fam, but it looks like it worked out in the end :)

You and Wes are super cute.

Looking forward to the Cruise TR with the fancy camera!

Disneyfalcon

Ah man, it's over! I'm sad for you. :(
But I loved your report! My word those food pictures are killing me!! Haha!
Blair Underwood was an awesome Processional narrator, but I've heard NPH is the best. I just loved the whole thing.
Great pictures!! I'm so excited for your upcoming cruise with your new camera! Yay!

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
I loved this TR! I appreciate the challenges you went through with the fam, but it looks like it worked out in the end :)

You and Wes are super cute.

Looking forward to the Cruise TR with the fancy camera!

Thanks! This was the first large group trip that I was in charge of so it was quite the experience. I have gone with extended family before, but on those trips I was a kid so I didn't have to worry about anything. My Mom was in charge of those trips and I remember her saying how stressful it was. Now I know what she means. :) I'm so glad that everything worked out and we had a really great time together.

Aww. Thanks!

101 days until the cruise! Woo hoo! I am so excited to try out my new camera on the cruise! I have been playing around with it and it takes some gorgeous pictures!

Ah man, it's over! I'm sad for you. :(
But I loved your report! My word those food pictures are killing me!! Haha!
Blair Underwood was an awesome Processional narrator, but I've heard NPH is the best. I just loved the whole thing.
Great pictures!! I'm so excited for your upcoming cruise with your new camera! Yay!

It's always sad when a trip (and a trip report) are over. :( Thanks for reading! One thing I was so excited about with having such a large group was that I would have a TON of food pictures! The deluxe dining plan plus 8 people equals a lot of food! Oh man...the food was so good. I miss the food.

When Wes and I went in December 2010, we didn't know who the celebrity narrator was so we weren't too excited about it. When I found out that NPH was going to be there when we were there I was ecstatic! We love him on How I Met Your Mother.

I am beyond excited to use my new camera!! I can already see how beautiful the funnel of the Fantasy will look through my new camera! :D

Ariel484

Great report, Ashley! I can definitely appreciate how difficult it can be to travel with family, but it sounds like you did a great job.

CONGRATS on the new camera! It makes such a difference. :) And I love that Wes is collecting Vinylmations so that you two can collect together...so cute. :)

Can't wait for your Fantasy TR! I hope you get another WDW trip booked soon.

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
Great report, Ashley! I can definitely appreciate how difficult it can be to travel with family, but it sounds like you did a great job.

CONGRATS on the new camera! It makes such a difference. :) And I love that Wes is collecting Vinylmations so that you two can collect together...so cute. :)

Can't wait for your Fantasy TR! I hope you get another WDW trip booked soon.

Thanks Shannon! The difference between my point and shoot and my DSLR is crazy! I thought my point and shoot was still okay until I looked at the quality of the DSLR pictures. Hahaha

I was really excited that Wes decided to collect Vinylmations too! It was very sweet of him to want to do this together. We bought 3 on our trip and I got 2 more for Christmas! (That's what my Mom and Wes went to buy our last night) I have a nice little collection going now! :D

I'm so looking forward to this cruise! I can't wait to see the Fantasy! We loved the Dream so I am looking forward to see it's sister ship. And we get to do 7 nights this time instead of 4! Woo hoo! I'm hoping to head back to WDW in early 2014. I can't stay away too long!

Dumbo2675

Ashley and Wes,
You guys always look like you both have so much fun in your reports that you have posted. As you both should. I hope to have as much fun as you guys do when I get to go back to the Happiest Place on Earth. I truly enjoy reading about the fun that there is to capture.

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
Ashley and Wes,
You guys always look like you both have so much fun in your reports that you have posted. As you both should. I hope to have as much fun as you guys do when I get to go back to the Happiest Place on Earth. I truly enjoy reading about the fun that there is to capture.

Thanks for reading! We have a lot of fun together! :D

GatorAsh

I've been lurking and following your TR; I really enjoyed it!

So glad to see La Cantina de San Angel getting some love! It's one of my favorites, too. I was originally introduced to queso fundido at the San Angel Inn over 10 years ago, then they changed the menu and took it away! When I saw they brought it back when they opened La Hacienca, I was SO excited!! Glad everyone else enjoyed the meal too. Great job representin'!

IMG_4836.jpg

IMG_4844.jpg

I agree, avocado margs sound odd but taste delicious! They're especially great on a hot day while strolling WS.

"We were also brought some delicious chips and salsa while we waited for our appetizers."
LOVE the green salsa!!!

IMG_4843.jpg

IMG_4846.jpg

"Taquiza - Taco trio featuring beef taco with chipotle salsa, roasted chicken taco with salsa verde and chilorio (marinated pork) taco with cream and quese fresco" Love this too! I like the seasonings they sprinkle on the lime wedges (although, I don't see it on yours...)

IMG_4845.jpg

"Queso fundido - Melted cheese with poblano peppers, chorizo and flour tortillas" And there's that beauty. My mouth is watering.

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
I've been lurking and following your TR; I really enjoyed it!

So glad to see La Cantina de San Angel getting some love! It's one of my favorites, too. I was originally introduced to queso fundido at the San Angel Inn over 10 years ago, then they changed the menu and took it away! When I saw they brought it back when they opened La Hacienca, I was SO excited!! Glad everyone else enjoyed the meal too. Great job representin'!

I agree, avocado margs sound odd but taste delicious! They're especially great on a hot day while strolling WS.

"We were also brought some delicious chips and salsa while we waited for our appetizers."
LOVE the green salsa!!!

"Taquiza - Taco trio featuring beef taco with chipotle salsa, roasted chicken taco with salsa verde and chilorio (marinated pork) taco with cream and quese fresco" Love this too! I like the seasonings they sprinkle on the lime wedges (although, I don't see it on yours...)

"Queso fundido - Melted cheese with poblano peppers, chorizo and flour tortillas" And there's that beauty. My mouth is watering.

Thanks for reading! I love La Hacienda de San Angel! I ate there on each of my 2012 trips and I can't imagine skipping it on any future trips. I went out to dinner the other night at a local Mexican restaurant and I was so craving an avocado margarita!! Unfortunately, they just had the regular kind so that had to do. :p

Hi Everyone - I am new to these boards - I was looking at trip reports on a different Disney boards website but i find this site to be much easier to navigate so just set up an account! Ashley I loved reading about your trip - we are planning our visit the same time as yours (this year - the week after Thanksgiving) and hoping to stay at Beach Club so I was very interested in your report! Will introduce myself more on a different thread but wanted to thank you for awesome report! Looked like a great time and now I am even more excited about our own trip!
Love,
Caren

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
Hi Everyone - I am new to these boards - I was looking at trip reports on a different Disney boards website but i find this site to be much easier to navigate so just set up an account! Ashley I loved reading about your trip - we are planning our visit the same time as yours (this year - the week after Thanksgiving) and hoping to stay at Beach Club so I was very interested in your report! Will introduce myself more on a different thread but wanted to thank you for awesome report! Looked like a great time and now I am even more excited about our own trip!
Love,
Caren

Hi Caren! Welcome to WDWMagic! :D I'm so glad you enjoyed my report! The week after Thanksgiving is a great time to go to WDW. I felt like it really helped us all get into the Christmas spirit! I love the Epcot resorts and the Beach Club is great. Wes and I stayed at the Beach Club for our honeymoon and we really enjoyed it. Thanks again for reading!

PolynesianPrincess

Love the TR Ashley. I must admit, I got a little sad that the trip was over when I got to the end :(

You are a brave woman, getting to MK at 6:30am!! I don't know if I could ever do it. I've actually NEVER seen the morning show!! I really want to at some point. Maybe on our trip in May...

So jealous you got the see NPH do CP. I was just explaining it to my sister while I was reading this and she says she really wants to go during the time it's showing some year (maybe next year) I'm so glad you all enjoyed it!!

And congrats on the camera!! I love my DSLR. Can't wait to read about your adventures on the Fantasy!! I;m going on my first cruise, the WDWmagic unofficial girls cruise in Sept so I love reading as many cruisin' TR's that I can!!! :)

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
Love the TR Ashley. I must admit, I got a little sad that the trip was over when I got to the end :(

You are a brave woman, getting to MK at 6:30am!! I don't know if I could ever do it. I've actually NEVER seen the morning show!! I really want to at some point. Maybe on our trip in May...

So jealous you got the see NPH do CP. I was just explaining it to my sister while I was reading this and she says she really wants to go during the time it's showing some year (maybe next year) I'm so glad you all enjoyed it!!

And congrats on the camera!! I love my DSLR. Can't wait to read about your adventures on the Fantasy!! I;m going on my first cruise, the WDWmagic unofficial girls cruise in Sept so I love reading as many cruisin' TR's that I can!!! :)

Thanks for reading! I was sad leaving the trip. :( We had a great time and it was nice to get to re-live it through my trip report.

I am by no means an early morning person but in WDW, I can wake up at any crazy early hour and feel wide awake. I think it helps to know that the sooner I get up, the sooner I can enjoy the parks. I hadn't seen the morning show until my trip last February. For some reason, every morning that I would try to get to the MK for the show, we would get delayed. Every other park, I have no problem getting to on time but the MK kept giving me trouble. Hahaha I was determined on this past trip to finally get there with plenty of time to spare. :D

NPH was great! I highly recommend going during the holidays to see the Candlelight Processional. It was everyone's favorite Christmas event during our trip. I personally prefer the Osborne Lights to the CP, but it's still a show worth seeing!.

Thanks! I love this camera! So much better than my old point and shoot. I'm so jealous that you are going on the girls cruise! I contemplated going but between my cruise in May and a trip to Australia in July, there was no way I could justify going on another trip this year. I am sure you girls are going to have a great time!! Disney cruises are so much fun!

PartOfYourWorld

Awwww trip report over :( I guess that means I need to get mine going on here. Only 2 more days to write about! (I like to have my whole thing written before I post) That's awesome that you guys are going on the Fantasy in May!!!! I hope you have a great time!!!!

And isn't the Canon T4i amazing??? I bought myself one before we went (not sure if you saw it around my neck) and I LOVE it. Theres just so much to learn about it! I haven't had much time to play with manual settings but it can do pretty much just about anything!!!!

And we will definitely get a picture next time we're in WDW together at the same time. So really no plans as to when you'll be going next???

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
Awwww trip report over :( I guess that means I need to get mine going on here. Only 2 more days to write about! (I like to have my whole thing written before I post) That's awesome that you guys are going on the Fantasy in May!!!! I hope you have a great time!!!!

And isn't the Canon T4i amazing??? I bought myself one before we went (not sure if you saw it around my neck) and I LOVE it. Theres just so much to learn about it! I haven't had much time to play with manual settings but it can do pretty much just about anything!!!!

And we will definitely get a picture next time we're in WDW together at the same time. So really no plans as to when you'll be going next???

Yes, you absolutely need to start writing your trip report! :D I am getting so excited for our cruise! We are now just 83 days away.

The camera is so great! I am so excited to use it on the cruise. Wes bought me a Canon T4i for Dummies book for my birthday. I'm excited to look through it to learn more about the camera.

Sadly, I have no immediate plans on when I will be back at WDW. I'm really hoping for an early 2014 trip so we'll see. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom