Its been good Disney World

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
A good friend of mine got a hold of my phone and was being funny. Well as I was ranting about the downfalls and broken things on my last trip he took the opportunity to make this thread while I was logged in with my laptop open. Well It worked because this was the longest thread I have ever had. The employment situation I can't be mad at because to me it seems like those employees were contracted out by another company. I do feel like Disney has made a for choice but there are to many good american workers there and I enjoy their work and I do not plan on leaving Disney because a few crumbs in the huge company have made some poor decisions. Boycotting Disney wouldn't be fair to the ones making the place as great as it could be. On the other hand this is the largest thread to be produced by my account and was totally thrown off when I saw all the likes and reply flooding my page.
Heres what he wrote...
"As for someone who has had high hopes for Disney World and amazing memories, a Disney regular been a member of WDWmagic and other Disney forums for nearly 6 years, complaining and posting about past attractions and ones that have left as long ago as the 90's but still return every year for the nostalgia that has completely changed my life I'm sad to say that I am no longer returning to Disney World. I took my last sad bittersweet walk thru the parks for one last goodbye.
The reason for this is not only the jacked up prices of the parks and lowering the quality of them... Its the micro managing, treatment of workers and nothing against foreigners but the fact they hired foreigners to save money and let go the existing workers who have been here their whole lives. This is not Walt Disney's dream and I can't support or put my money into a place that I have no moral respect for. That's just a few things on my list. You can lock or delete this thread, It was great talking Disney Parks with all of you and I wish you all many great trips and memories to Disney World. Ill always be down for the classic attraction threads and watching martins vids. Unfortunately I'm going to stand up for what I believe in and I will not set foot in a Disney Park until things change."

Last edited:

DisneyPrincess5

Whatever the matter, I believe everyone has the right to support and stand up for what matters to them and everyone needs to do what feels right to them. So for that, I understand and support your choice to stick by what you believe. Everyone's gotta do what they've gotta do to be happy. Best of luck.

gsimpson

Bravo. I applaud your standing on principle. I don't have a problem with them changing/removing/adding attractions but as someone who has spent his entire adult life in one way or another tied to IT and technology I also cannot give money to a company that treats workers as shabbily as Disney is. I would be able to almost (not quite) understand if they were under severe price pressure but they are not, they are the highest price offering and seem to be doing the most to undercut their workers. Too bad really.

copcarguyp71

Well...I cannot say I do not sympathize. We were every other year regulars but the pixie dust wore too thin three years ago and we have no plans on going back either until things begin to look up. I know people compare costs and provide justifications all the time but doing the caribbean and other destinations with the same budget has brought us more enjoyment and relaxation along with quality time over the past three years than during our last trip to the world. Disillusionment is never an easy thing to accept especially when I have so many fond and cherished memories of the past and the times we spent at the world but for us those experiences seemed too far in the distant past and unattainable once again on our last trip. But..instead of saying goodbye we have chosen to say "until we meet again".

Last edited:

POLY LOVER

As for someone who has had high hopes for Disney World and amazing memories, a Disney regular been a member of WDWmagic and other Disney forums for nearly 6 years, complaining and posting about past attractions and ones that have left as long ago as the 90's but still return every year for the nostalgia that has completely changed my life I'm sad to say that I am no longer returning to Disney World. I took my last sad bittersweet walk thru the parks for one last goodbye.
The reason for this is not only the jacked up prices of the parks and lowering the quality of them... Its the micro managing, treatment of workers and nothing against foreigners but the fact they hired foreigners to save money and let go the existing workers who have been here their whole lives. This is not Walt Disney's dream and I can't support or put my money into a place that I have no moral respect for. That's just a few things on my list. You can lock or delete this thread, It was great talking Disney Parks with all of you and I wish you all many great trips and memories to Disney World. Ill always be down for the classic attraction threads and watching martins vids. Unfortunately I'm going to stand up for what I believe in and I will not set foot in a Disney Park until things change.

POLY LOVER

As for someone who has had high hopes for Disney World and amazing memories, a Disney regular been a member of WDWmagic and other Disney forums for nearly 6 years, complaining and posting about past attractions and ones that have left as long ago as the 90's but still return every year for the nostalgia that has completely changed my life I'm sad to say that I am no longer returning to Disney World. I took my last sad bittersweet walk thru the parks for one last goodbye.
The reason for this is not only the jacked up prices of the parks and lowering the quality of them... Its the micro managing, treatment of workers and nothing against foreigners but the fact they hired foreigners to save money and let go the existing workers who have been here their whole lives. This is not Walt Disney's dream and I can't support or put my money into a place that I have no moral respect for. That's just a few things on my list. You can lock or delete this thread, It was great talking Disney Parks with all of you and I wish you all many great trips and memories to Disney World. Ill always be down for the classic attraction threads and watching martins vids. Unfortunately I'm going to stand up for what I believe in and I will not set foot in a Disney Park until things change.
What changes would you want to see to bring you back?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Good for you. If more people stood up for what they believe in and put their money where their mouth is then the parks would not be in the state that they are in now.

Never mind the naysayers on this thread that don't respect your opinion....I do. Bravo.

alissafalco

I applaud you for standing by what you believe in, but Disney is not all bad. They do donate thousands and thousands of dollars to different charities every year. They are host to hundreds and hundreds of Make a wish recipients, and they go out of their way for the special needs community in the parks. They also help no longer active duty service men with job placements. I absolutely understand where you are coming from but Disney is not all bad.

Last edited:

MinnieWaffles

Quite frankly because if enough people stop going and their pocket gets hit then things CAN change. I see no reason to be so snarky to someone laying it on the line as they feel.

Noooope. It's one of the most popular tourist destinations around the world. Doubt some person sitting at their computer desk munching chips is going to make Disney stand up and take notice.

The delusion, it's killing me.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Noooope. It's one of the most popular tourist destinations around the world. Doubt some person sitting at their computer desk munching chips is going to make Disney stand up and take notice.

And you appear to be part of the problem with society today.
  • Just thumb your nose at anybody who takes a stand.
  • Mock anybody who disagrees with the masses.
  • Walk around with your nose in your smartphone while the real world continues around you.
:rolleyes:

copcarguyp71

Your own very immature responses lead me to believe you are less than worldly wise and know little to nothing of how the grown up people world works my dear.

You are delusional. You are not important and nothing you say or do is going to make the slightest bit of difference to how they run the parks. You are far too invested in something completely unimportant. And yes, the running of a theme park is unimportant.

The amount of delusion by people who think they can run a set of theme parks better from their computer chairs is staggering.

It's the removal of a awful fast food burger, good grief. You're far too invested in this.

Get over yourself and stop going to Disney World.

You must be SO much fun at parties.

Oh aren't you clever. I shall have to bow down to your clearly superior maturity and intelligence, proving you indeed know all there is to know.

People are entitled to opinions...if they step on your shiny yellow minnie shoes i suggest perhaps you seek life outside a forum which encourages thoughts and discussion instead of sticking your fingers in your ears and calling people names. With an attitude like that it won't be long before....

Last edited:

SteamboatStitch

And this will change anything....why?

Don't be a drama queen.

I find your snooty attitude incredibly unlikable. If you don't like what he posted fine, want to disagree with it fine, but you can do so with a bit more tact than... whatever you call that. Or, alternatively, you can move along, resisting the temptation to fling that bit of mud you woke up with on your wrong side of the bed. And before you even think about pulling that "hurr durr free thpeech, it r just opinion" crud, there is a vast difference between expressing one's opinion and being a jerk about doing so.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom