Pre-Trip It's a solo world, after all

My husband Justin and I went on a Disney Trip a long time ago. We spent NYE at Disney and started 2018 in the land of magical mice and friends. Some of you may remember us. If not, that's cool. I remember reading many of your travel reports in preparation for that trip.

Splashbrokedown.jpg

We even rode Splash Mountain about ten times or more in a row during a freezing cold front. We also got trapped on Splash Mountain. We wanted to go back to Disney one day. Still, instead, we camped out at Dry Tortugas National Park, visited Big Bend National Park, visited all the Utah National Parks, and almost died during the government shutdown of December 2018 on Mount Caramel Highway en route to Zion National Park when we got caught in a snow squall. Then COVID happened. During COVID, we enrolled in graduate school and had no free time.

Fast forward to 2023, and I am graduating from graduate school with a 4.0 and a master's in research psychology with a concentration on children and adolescents. Also, I'm a special education teacher, and for some reason, my district gave us a funky winter vacation that starts on Christmas Day and ends on January 7th, 2024, and Justin's is over a week before mine. So... As a reward to myself, I'm doing a solo Disney vacation, and it will be my first ever solo vacation without an intention to meet up or see anybody I know. May the odds be in my favor.

So here's a reintroduction:

outside.png

My name is Lyssa, and it's been too many years since my last trip report. I am a self-proclaimed crazy cat lady. I enjoy rotting my brain cells with complex jrpgs. I love to read and take photographs. As aforementioned, I'm a special education teacher who teaches 3-6 yr old students with autism and other developmental disorders.

I will travel to Disney from January 2nd, 2024, to January 5th, 2024. I have no idea what my plans are, except they will involve the Tron Coaster, Space Mountain, and all the other rides that have reopened or been reimagined since my last trip. Also, I hope the new fast-pass replacement system will not be too confusing. I intend to take a copious amount of photographs, especially since I just got a new Nikon and many bad selfies. I'm staying at the Beach Club and might be more excited about Stormalong Bay than some rides.

So here's to what will be a zany solo trip.

Now off to read everyone's trip reports.

Lyssa

Original Poster
As of a little over a week ago, it's 60 days until my not-so-solo Disney trip.

We booked our dining reservations. Sandra was insane and wanted to go to two sit-down meals every day, and I managed to talk her into three dining reservations so we had maximum time to explore the parks. Also, that has less of a maximum impact on my credit card. But I get it. She's never been to Disney before and wants to try a little of everything.

We ended up with dining reservations at Tappan Edo, Trattoria al Forno, and Via Napoli. I think they should all have pescetarian options for me. Likewise, we're staying at the Beach Club, so it's super convenient to eat at places we can walk to. We also booked transportation to and from the airport.

I recently discovered that Stormalong Bay has some deep-water swimming, which I am excited about. I love swimming in deep water. Regardless of whatever plans Sandra and I make, I want to make some time to play in Stormalong Bay. I'm hoping it won't be too cold for pool time. Night swimming sounds fun, especially if the temperature is slightly chilly.

When J and I went to Disney in 2018, there was a crazy cold front, and it was rainy, and temperatures were in the 30s and 20s, which was also awesome because the parks were not that crowded. I could go for that, too.

Our trip cannot come soon enough. This year has been the most stressful ever for me between a state takeover of my school district, physically aggressive students in my classroom, and a very time-consuming graduate school class about cognitive neuropsychology, which is my Achilles heel in psychology.

Hopefully all will go according to plan

Tiki Traveler

When J and I went to Disney in 2018, there was a crazy cold front, and it was rainy, and temperatures were in the 30s and 20s, which was also awesome because the parks were not that crowded. I could go for that, too.

I hope planning (and dreaming) of your trip gives you a brief respite right now from a very stressful season.

Re: the cold weather in 2018, - Wow! I only know how to pack dri fit tops and shorts for the hot, humid summer months so January at Disney sounds a little challenging. Good thing the Disney stores are always well-stocked. 😆

Freezing GIF

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom