It's a Small World with Groot

Surferboy567

Before everyone freaks out I’d like to state the following fact:

This is a TEMPORARY addition for 6 months

That being said, this is quite possibly the nuttiest crossover I’ve seen in attraction overlays. It’s so crazy I kinda want to see how they pull this off. What are they going to do to the actual song? I can’t say I approve of this and this is coming from someone who approves wholeheartedly the Disney character addition to the DL small world. I actually wouldn’t be opposed to WDW getting those updates. An entire attraction overlay though that seems overboard. It also appears the theme is at odds with one and other. If it’s only for 6 months though as it is billed then it probably can’t do that much harm. I actually really like overlays to attractions. Just don’t make this a permanent thing.

SweetDuffy101

That being said, this is quite possibly the nuttiest crossover I’ve seen in attraction overlays. It’s so crazy I kinda want to see how they pull this off. What are they going to do to the actual song? I can’t say I approve of this and this is coming from someone who approves wholeheartedly the Disney character addition to the DL small world. I actually wouldn’t be opposed to WDW getting those updates. An entire attraction overlay though that seems overboard. It also appears the theme is at odds with one and other. If it’s only for 6 months though as it is billed then it probably can’t do that much harm. I actually really like overlays to attractions. Just don’t make this a permanent thing.
I have a wild theory that Disney special event series Disney pal-palooza on its 4th season will be themed to marvel.

with 1/2nd season themed to disney Characters, With 3rd already been announced for next year.

Either a fan favorite franchise(BATB)or an entire cinematic universe franchise will be occupying next years theme.

Surferboy567

I have a wild theory that Disney special event series Disney pal-palooza on its 4th season will be themed to marvel.

with 1/2nd season themed to disney Characters, With 3rd already been announced for next year.

Either a fan favorite franchise(BATB)or an entire cinematic universe franchise will be occupying next years theme.
I have no issue with Disney franchises inside the attraction WITH the existing small world theme it’s just changing the whole thing is a weird choice.

I’ve also never been to Tokyo so not sure how the culture differs I would assume greatly then America.

BasiltheBatLord

I have no issue with Disney franchises inside the attraction WITH the existing small world theme it’s just changing the whole thing is a weird choice.

I’ve also never been to Tokyo so not sure how the culture differs I would assume greatly then America.
It’s somewhat of a weird move as Marvel is not that big (relatively speaking) in Japan aside from Spider-Man, who does not seem to be the focus of this overlay.

SweetDuffy101

Apparently when OLC (TEAMTDR) announced marvel will be prt of Tokyo Disneyland new nighttime spectacular, The reception was well received and had huge amount of interaction to local tdr and non tdr fans. It may have given OLC. a leverage to start implementing marvel presence in Tokyo Disneyland.

jrhwdw

Apparently when OLC (TEAMTDR) announced marvel will be prt of Tokyo Disneyland new nighttime spectacular, The reception was well received and had huge amount of interaction to local tdr and non tdr fans. It may have given OLC. a leverage to start implementing marvel presence in Tokyo Disneyland.
Marvel on the Castle is fine, but I don't think TDL's New Castle Spectacular should be all Marvel with 5-10 Sec actual Disney Content.......Yes, it doesn't say that anywhere, but it had me wondering after the Small World News........

CaptinEO

I've seen numerous things go from temporary to permanent. Off the top of my head, Disneyland's Red Rose Tavern Overlay of Pinocchio's Village Haus, Disneyland Paris' Hyperspace Mountain Overlay, Captain EO retheme to movie previews.

I would not be shocked if this stuck around.

This is one of the grossest attraction retheme ideas ever. Comic book characters in It's A Small World. Walt would be disgusted.

Last edited:

Surferboy567

I've seen numerous things go from temporary to permanent. Off the top of my head, Disneyland's Red Rose Tavern Overlay of Pinocchio's Village Haus, Disneyland Paris' Hyperspace Mountain Overlay.

I would not be shocked if this stock around.
Totally fair but for now, let take it at their word. Remember this isn’t a Disney owned property anyways and it works differently. I would be singing a different tune if it was permanent though.

CaptinEO

Totally fair but for now, let take it at their word. Remember this isn’t a Disney owned property anyways and it works differently. I would be singing a different tune if it was permanent though.
This decision making is the same greed infested decision making that Disney makes for their own parks. Clearly it's the same concept here, some OLC park manager wants to sell more Marvel toys so shoves it into a random attraction.

In this case a beloved Walt Disney one about world peace.

Last edited:

waltography

Don’t bring this to the original, but like seeing Weird Disney™ pop up every so often. Let Tokyo have at it for a couple months.

Gusey

Don't forget, at one point OLC planned to replace Small World with an Alice in Wonderland mini land, and rebuild it where Autopia was. Obviously those plans changed, but Small World was always going to receive some kind of update at some point
1711564030733.png

tanc

I am not a fan of OLC making these asinine changes, they have the best its a small world imo. I really hope this isn't them just testing the waters for possibly retheming it. It's pretty absurd how fast that Marvel contract expired in USJ for them to even possibly consider IASMW of all things.

ThemeParkTraveller

I am not a fan of OLC making these asinine changes, they have the best its a small world imo. I really hope this isn't them just testing the waters for possibly retheming it. It's pretty absurd how fast that Marvel contract expired in USJ for them to even possibly consider IASMW of all things.

Given how poorly Marvel movies perform in Japan, I'm surprised OLC is so eager to bring it into the resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom