"it's a small world" closing for short refurbishment in March

DisDan

I think they are installing new boats with the front rows having pedals for propulsion, in an effort to save $$$ on energy costs for the attraction.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Better fit to Epcot than Frozen, no? :)

Epcot's already got the purely Mexican version.
maxresdefault.jpg

lnsemsf

Original Poster
Heads up folks... The refurbishment dates have been changed. it's a small world will now close from April 14-17, reopening on April 18.

gmajew

Premium Member
I really do wish Small World move in Epcot. Because the theme of the attraction fits perfectly at Epcot.
but thay could always do what Tokyo did in SW.

Why does everyone think this belongs in Epcot? It is where it should be and should stay. It is a park icon that young kids love parents may not but it is a perfect compliment to thst area of the park.

wdrive

Why does everyone think this belongs in Epcot? It is where it should be and should stay. It is a park icon that young kids love parents may not but it is a perfect compliment to thst area of the park.

As well as fitting with World Showcase it also fits the permanent World's Fair idea of Epcot.

Personally I don't mind it in Fantasyland.

RSoxNo1

It is the perfect attraction for Epcot. Epcot is a permanent World's fair and a celebration of countries around the world. "it's a small world" debuted at the World's Fair and would be the absolutely perfect transition attraction between Future World and World Showcase. Put a tower of the four winds type design in front (and perhaps throughout Future World) and it would really look great.

The opposite side of that is that I would argue it doesn't belong in Fantasyland. We always argue that all character based attractions should be put in Fantasyland. Why then, is the opposite not also true? "it's a small world" isn't driven by Disney characters so it doesn't technically belong. Moreover, it's removal opens up a huge area of land that would have been a much better fit for things like a Frozen attraction, more Tangled content, another restaurant and potentially much more.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom