Italian Restaurant in World Showcase

Star Command

Original Poster
We have priority seating at the Italian Restaurant in the World Showcase. We were wondering if the food is worth a second night of priority seating, or would we be happier somewhere else.

Thanks

metscool

That is a really good place to eat. I love going there when I have my family down here. It is worth the time and money.

reptar77

I don't particularly care for the food at alfredos. The service tends to be bad also. I would change to Le cellier. It is worth walking through the restaurant though it is beautiful.

lwalker8

If you are particularly fond of Italian cusine you may want to give it a try, but I would suggest doing so for lunch. The prices, I believe, were noticably less expensive. Le Cellier though, as said before, is very good.:wave:

Star Command

Original Poster
Oop, Sorry Reptar77 I was writing my reply while you posted. I was actually asking because I had heard of a few bad experiences from the Italian restaurant.
Thanks for the advice! If anyone has any comments on any restaurants that are on Disney property it would be greatly appreciated.

daverube

Its not that Alfredo's has bad food, its just that other restaurants are SOOOO much better.....like Chef's de France. Also, everyone raves about Le Cellier (we're going for the first time next week). We also really like the Rose and Crown Pub in England.....great Cheese Board!!!!

Hope this helps.

dave

lwalker8

Its not that Alfredo's has bad food, its just that other restaurants are SOOOO much better.....like Chef's de France. Also, everyone raves about Le Cellier...

I have to agree with you there. If you really favor Italian to other types of cusine I say go for it, but otherwise, you may want to try some of the other restaurants around Epcot that are a bit more unique.

durangojim

I don't particularly care for the food at alfredos. The service tends to be bad also. I would change to Le cellier. It is worth walking through the restaurant though it is beautiful.

I would have agreed with you for about the last 3-4 years(things seemedto do downhill after they removed veal parmesian frm the menu), but we were there for lunch last month and the food was great and the service was excellent. It may have helped that the waitstaff was fawning over our 13 month old son - "what a beautiful baby" was all they kep saying. Try it for lunch first and then if you like it, go for dinner. There is live entertainment during dinner - singers and musicians.

swimmom

With all the restaurants in WDW I would not go to the same restaurant twice on a trip even if it was a really great restaurant. Each trip we try out new restaurants including counter service. I have to agree with going to LeCellier rather than Alfredo's twice.

foldmama

Definitely try LeCellier, it's absolutely wonderful and a must for every trip we take. Have you ever try The Living Seas. It's my sister-in-laws favorite place in Epcot.

m star

Alfredo's is the best place in Epcot, in my opinion. I don't see how people can compare it to Olive Garden, I've eaten at many places in Italy, and its still my favorite Italian restaurant in the world.

Still, no need to do the same place twice on the same trip. Try the Biergarten or the Teppanyaki for your second dinner.

disneygirl_wdw

Alfredo's is one of my favorite restaurants in the World Showcase. I love their lasanga :slurp:. I even work in an itallian restaraunt and still eat there. There is nothing like fresh noodles. Every trip we try to make it there. We usually eat lunch though. I would also say instead of doing Alfredo's twice try something new. I would recommend Le Cellier and Biergarten. Akershus was also one of my favorites before the princesses. Their food is unique. If you have daughters you might want to try it.

luna99

if you eat at Alfredo's be weary of the calamari!

I ordered some at lunch one day and they were *so* chewy, I almost choked on them!!! :D

but all in all.. I think it's a great restaurant. have fun!:sohappy:

gatordoc

Oh my. The dreaded Disney Italian food question. Sorry, but having grown up on the cooking of my Italian mother, grandmothers, and aunts, I have to state for the record that the stuff Disney tries to pass off for Italian in the theme parks is just awful. The only plus for Alfredo is that the food isn't as bad as Tony's (though the service is much worse). Mama Melrose is no better.

At the moment, the only decent Italian food on property can be found at the Portobello Yacht Club. However, New York restaurant icon Il Mulino, which is one of the outstanding Italian restaurants in the world (worth the cost of a flight to NY just to eat there), will soon be opening a branch at the Swan. I doubt it will match the original, but one can always hope...

Erik

Yes, per post #17- Alfredo's gets very two different types of reviews. Here is my advice:

If you live in the northeast or another area/environment where you can get great Italian food on a regular basis- Alfredo's is just so-so. If you are not used to Italian food other than a local Olive Garden, you will enjoy Alfredos.

I live in the northeast and am a snob on Italian . . . but I think Don Pablos fopr Mexican is great and my pals from San Diego and Phoenix think I'm insane as they have the real stuff more readily available- so same rule applies no matter what the ethnic food I think . . .

Star Command

Original Poster
Thanks metscool, reptar77, Iwalker8, maelstrom, daverube, durangojim, swimmom, foldmama, m star, disneygirl_wdw, luna99, gatordoc, and Erik.

We really appreciate all of the great information from everyone. If anyone has any more info to add that would be great. We are going over Christmas!

Thanks again :wave:

Pooh For Presid

I agree with everyone else LeCellier is not to be missed. However we ate at Alfredo's for the first time this last trip and I really think the Olive Garden has them beat. I am not Italian, but it really was not very good to someone who lives in the South. Try the Flying Fish or the California Grill as an alternative if you do not want to eat at LeCellier. Best of luck, bad food is even passable if you are at Walt Disney World.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom