It was the little things....

laynalee07

Original Poster
What is some of the little things you miss that have gone away over the years?
It seems like they are losing touch with the "little things" that made disney, DISNEY and not just some other theme park. These were things that you would never go back home and rave about, but they just made the trip a little extra special. A few of mine are

-the pin boards that you make all different shapes out of at the imagination pavilion
-the cold/hot handles in the wonders of life pavilion that used to amaze me!
-also in the WOL pavilion, the holes you could stick your hands in and try to guess what it was you were touching
-the flower carts on the little side streets of Main Street USA.
So many small things gone :(

ImagineerDude

things that bother me about these types of threads are when people (not just you or me) complain about the "small" things that are gone but while they're complaining, they are missing all the small things that are still there. Live a positive life instead of a negative one. But that doesn't mean we can't revisit the memory, don't get me wrong. Sorry, back on topic....I miss how the characters used to roam around and really how there were just more characters. Push as well :(

Mark321

I'm sorry me too I love Disney a lot are you all coming to Disney agin Disney for all people to have fun guest come first in my book I try to help all guest to make them happy Disney is happy place on earth

Avenger117

things that bother me about these types of threads are when people (not just you or me) complain about the "small" things that are gone but while they're complaining, they are missing all the small things that are still there. Live a positive life instead of a negative one. But that doesn't mean we can't revisit the memory, don't get me wrong. Sorry, back on topic....I miss how the characters used to roam around and really how there were just more characters. Push as well :(

Not a knock on the original poster, but I just wanted to say that this is one of the best posts! We do forget the little things that are there. I also agree that its awesome that many of us still have the memories of the past.

copcarguyp71

Everybody I'm sorry i love Disney so much it so great I'm Disney cast member I clean a park in epoct I been at Disney world for 14 years I always to make everybody happy in happy place on earth please all come to Disney for fun have a magical day

Thank you for being one of the dedicated magic-makers!

The one thing I miss I guess is the Main Street Fire Station and maybe the penny arcade. Bothe were small details but I enjoyed them. Not having them does not ruin my trip...but I do look back on them fondly.

mcurtiss

not a small thing, but the slide at the Disney Marketplace

72649a30.jpg

Dads 2 Boys

Can't like this enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member

Which part of the original post did you view as "complaining"? How is nostalgia considered complaining and living a negative life? Lack of complacency should not be mistaken as negativity, yet it continually is when ANYBODY posts something that highlights Disneys failure to maintain their very own standards.

Here we go again.....

I say the same thing every time I read about Disney eliminating something magical and replacing it with nothing. Enjoy the fake profit reports of MM+ because thats what you get as a replacement for the magic. Oh yeah, and you can pay them more money to drink and eat at Epcot after hours now too. Truly unique!

I miss when Main Street USA wasnt a Wal Mart.

Kuzcotopia

You probably could have just repeated my post....since that's pretty much what I was doing. Then that could have gone on for pages and pages.

You probably could have just repeated my post....since that's pretty much what I was doing. Then that could have gone on for pages and pages.

;)

laynalee07

Original Poster
I guess one of the main things I am trying to convey and look back on IS the nostalgia of WDW.
Don't get me wrong, I am still absolutely in love with the place, otherwise I wouldn't own two DVC properties there!
But I like to think back on the times when I went with my parents as a child.
In the above mentioned activites, my parents used to have just as much fun playing with the pin boards, holding onto the hot/cold handles as I did and they were adults!
Both the WOL pavilion and the Imagination playground are now GONE... Not replaced by something better, just gone.
I am just hoping for a time when they get creative forces back in and create fun "small" things for children and adults to both enjoy.
I understand they have added a lot of activites in the queues such as Winnie the Pooh, dumbo playground, and scuttles scavenger hunt at the Little Mermaid, but those activites are completely geared at small children only. Of course it's fun for parents watching their children play, but let's bring back some things that both an adult will enjoy and laugh at, as well as the kids!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom