ISTCrew's Originals - April 4th 2004

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
Hey everyone ... Welcome to another ISTCrew Original. Today, I went with my cousin and we were planning on going to AK, MGM, and Epcot. Would you believe that it was SO busy, we only got to Animal Kingdom today. Well, let me be fair...We were at AK from 12-3pm, and we went and saw Home on the Range (second time for me, First for my cousin), and walked around the village.

So in this update - AK, and ALOT of DTD Updates :

At Animal Kingdom -

--I don't know where many of you have been getting your maps from, but I went to 9 different map locations throughout the park, and did not find one map with the Everest walkway on it. I have seen pictures of the map with the path, and I have been looking for a park map with it on there...but nope, I can not find one.
--On the Everest construction wall, which was, prior to today, painted light blue, now has Yeti footprints going all across the wall, with the tagline "Something is Afoot" on each end of the wall. A nice touch, but the Yeti footprint looks like a giant bird dropping, after giant bird dropping, after giant bird dropping that hit the wall. A nice touch either way.
--As far as construction is concerned ... if you stand on the bench by the ice cream cart, you can see that most of the track work is now being worked on in the back of the mountain. The track parts that are visible now are the high twisting one many people have seen in photos, and a LONG straight-away in the back. This could either be the brakes area, loading area, or a Yeti encounter area. Only time will tell I guess.
--Chip and Dale's Cookie Cabin was open today. It had been under rehab for quite some time.
--My cousin and I got our picture with Chip and Dale today, in the photo area by the entrance to Camp Minnie Mickey...and as soon as Chip and Dale came out, A CM with a cart on wheels comes strolling up, selling disposable cameras. Kinda looked desperate, but good idea.
--the food booths on the walk from Asia to Africa that were almost never used ... were open today.

That is pretty much it for AK. I went over to Y&BC to see if I could look out a window on the 4th floor to get pictures of Soarin', but I wasn't able to find it. What I did find was several boards of wood missing from one of the towers by the back exit of the YC.

We went to see HOTR (Theater was half full, and the audience was laughing out loud many times during the movie. My cousin loved it just as much as I did, but we both agreed that Brother Bear was better), and here are some DTD Updates...

--ICON - A new sunglasses shop, that will be replacing "Celebrity Eyeworks Co." will open later this month. It was under construction, and the signs on the construction wall say "Opening March 2004" but a CM nearby said it will open this month.
--Ariba's Brothers Eurospain shop is done with its construction. It got a new, more colorful, facade. the banner says "Ariba's Bros". I think the banner may come down and be replaced with a lit sign.
--The Art of Disney store has been switched around quite a bit. A new computer system was put in place for personalized artwork.
--The Virgin Mega balcony was open today.
--I went into "Sweet Memories" candy shop when I was walking through Earl Of Sandwich...And I discovered the best thing since sliced bread...
I couldn't believe my own eyes...
Walt Disney World Parks and Resorts now sells...
for $1.95...
FIGMENT "EVERY FLAVOR" LOLLIPOPS!!! ...
I bought 3 of them. They are exellent, and a great souvenir for some reason. I think they are really neat. In each lollipop, Figments face is in the middle, and each has the following flavors :
--"Orange Orange" , "Red Cherry" , "Blue Rasberry" , "Green Apple".

Sorry about that lol, but I really liked them. I'll post a picture what they look like. They kind of remind me of "Old Epcot".

And that's about it you guys. It's going to be a very busy week at Disney. Pictures will be up soon.

imagineer boy

Excelent Original Patrick! I can't believe that there are actually Figment Lolly pops! That's great! Its also great to hear that the food stands between Asia and Africa are open.

Thanks alot Patrick!:wave:

tj229er

Patrick I'm starting to get tired of only hearing about AK every week. Can't you go to one of the other parks sometime??

1stStarIC2nite

Grrreat update/original/whatever!! lol
Mmmm... lollipops :slurp:

I never want to see HOTR, it looks so bad. I think it's Disney animation at it's worst, I hate movies that have that kind of animation, but oh well.

Yea, go to MK and MGM next time, I'm dying to see pictures/read about updates of both Splash and ToT!! :D

But yup, great "original" (that is getting old) :lol:

PhotoDave219

Originally posted by tj229er
Patrick I'm starting to get tired of only hearing about AK every week. Can't you go to one of the other parks sometime??

And whatever you do, Dont get your head stuck in the bars like you did that one time at mission:space. I still cant believe me and some Brits laughed our @sses off about that while waiting for a parade.

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
Click here to see the Figment "Every Flavor" lollipop!!! They are the best ever!

AK is my favorite park ... that's why I keep going there.

Alex, you should give it a chance...It's an awesome movie.

Photodave, thanks for the old news? :confused:

General Grizz

Yeah, Dave, if this were old news, why isn't it on WDWMagic? :lol: :p

I saw a bunch of those Figment pops at the Disney Earport at OIA. Very 2002. :lol:

dxwwf3

Originally posted by ISTCrew20
Sorry about that lol, but I really liked them. I'll post a picture what they look like. They kind of remind me of "Old Epcot".

Anything that reminds me of the "Old Epcot" is definately a good thing. And I saw the pic and it does indeed remind me of a late 80's Epcot (still the best Epcot, IMO). Thanks for telling us about that little item.

But where are they selling these pops? At the Imagination exit, I would assume but I figured I'd ask anyways.

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
Re: Re: ISTCrew's Originals - April 4th 2004

Originally posted by dxwwf3
Anything that reminds me of the "Old Epcot" is definately a good thing. And I saw the pic and it does indeed remind me of a late 80's Epcot (still the best Epcot, IMO). Thanks for telling us about that little item.

But where are they selling these pops? At the Imagination exit, I would assume but I figured I'd ask anyways.

I got mine at "Sweet Memories" candy shop at DTD. I'm sure they have them everywhere candy is sold (But I didn't see them in Once Upon a Toy)

I'm starting to think Splash Mountain is getting lonely. I have gone almost a month without a ride on it. Before, it was almost 5 rides a week (or even a day for that matter). A big, 4 park update will be up soon, I promise.:)

Figment1986

Im a loly pop now, Wow. I feel great, if only they didn't have Blue rasbery, i hate rasbery.

I was at Universal today and it was badely packed, only 4 rides today. one rocked. some people and guess. i wont say and dont want a fight to start because of me...

goofyfan13

Once again great update Patrick! Glad to hear that Everest is coming along well. This has to be one of the my most anticipated rides I can remember. It ranks up there with Mission: Space, Millenium Force and Top Thrill Dragster. (For those of you unfamiliar with those two rides at Cedar Point, Millenium is 310 ft. tall and travels 93 mph, and Dragster is the tallest fastest coaster on Earth at 420 ft. and 120 mph, with a launch of 0-120 mph in less than 4 seconds) So clearly, im pretty excited.

Glad to hear you liked HOTR, I want to go see it, but I need to convince my girlfriend to go with me. So wish me luck. :brick:

SirGoofy

Bout time Figment got his own kind of junk food...

Nice update. I'm reallt glad to hear that Everest is coming along good. Man you're lucky. I get to go to the World every two years if I'm lucky, and you can go whenever you want.

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
Originally posted by orlpassholder
I try but I am not successful all the time :)

Hey. I read your update awhile back, and you said the walkway is on the map. Where are you getting your map froms?:lol:

orlpassholder

Originally posted by ISTCrew20
Hey. I read your update awhile back, and you said the walkway is on the map. Where are you getting your map froms?:lol:

That needs to be corrected, I misread the map its not there. Sorry for the confusion

Jusjuice

--I don't know where many of you have been getting your maps from, but I went to 9 different map locations throughout the park, and did not find one map with the Everest walkway on it.

I think the 2004 "Official WDW Guide" has the bridge on the map of AK in it, and that's where they may be getting the map from. Interesting that they still haven't updated the park maps, though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom