ISTCrew's October 11th WDW Update

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
WOWZAAZZ...A bunch of new Disney magic we experienced today...

Tif and I started at MGM, and, after getting our Fp'es for RNRC, we went over and waited to get into the HM Movie Sets...
--I wasnt expecting alot out of this, but c'mon, this thing was just AWEFUL. You walk into a nasty, stinky, hallway, with billboards on each side, with pictures inside of them. Then the dude talks to you, and you turn a corner, and your on the set of the Ballroom. You watch a short video, and you literally, have like 45 seconds to look around. They showed lots of preveiws of the movie, and it shows Eddie carrying Madame Leota around, which is just, just stupid. I think the only reason they did this was to have an excuse to sell the HM merchandise at MGM, cuz they didnt delay setting a cart up right outside the door.

--The San Fransisco facade looked complete

--Just wanna say, the parks were MOBBED...Just crazy people everywhere.

--After getting off RNRC (and nearly breaking my toe, which is now black and blue...to make a long story short, I tripped when I was getting into the limo) we were on our way to Magic Kingdom.

--We Fp'ed Splash, and our time was for 3 something, and it was noon when we got them. So, we went and did Alien Encounter...and I have to say...

--Now that its leaving, Im honestly going to miss it. It is a creative, one of a kind attraction, and Im not saying im not gonna like Stitch, but, after doing AE Twice today, I will miss it.

--When we were waiting in line to get in, they had a new speal, saying something like "You have the privlage to tell you family and friends you got to see Alien Encounter on its very last day in operation"...It was nice, cuz they went thru a brief history of the attraction also...

--TIMEKEEPER, AND COP WERE BOTH OPEN TODAY!!!

--We saw both, and both are up and working great, except for one turntable in the "40's" scene on COP, it didnt light up

And then...my friends, theres what I like to call "The Greatest Show On Earth"....WISHES!!!!!

--We were sitting on Main Street 1 hour before the show started. It started raining 20 mins prior to the show, but the show went on. It was absolutely stunning, and wasnt short either. The whole sky, literally is SO bright, with SO many pyro's, your mouth just drops. Its narrorated by Jiminy, and the Good Fairy, I guess her name is?...It starts off with Starlight, Starbright, but also has an AWESOME Wishes theme song at the end. The music and the fireworks light up perfectly, and the way the blue bursts pop when Genie opens his mouth, and the Face in the Mirror firework effect was awesome, aswell was the finale...OMG...The finale will be in my mind forever. It was on the same level as ROE, but, in my opinion, this one is more "Disneyfied"...Just amazing.

--So after Wishes, it starts POURING, just like a movie. It was perfect, as soon as Wishes got over, the rain came...So, whats more fun than Wet People Dodging down Main Street lol...I would never. We went over to SPAM, and they kept us waiting outside, and TL was a Ghost town, and we were soaked, so we were skipping thru the rain, and kickin up the water...Not a smart thing to do when your going into AC 11 seconds later.

--After Space, we went over to Splash, and did that again...The hopping Brer Rabbit still aint working, and neither were the Splash atmoshere Lights...

So, as I say goodnight, I say goodbye to Alien Encounter, Hello to Wishes, and pics will be up soon :D :D :D

wanabeimagineer

As always an awesome update, thanks!

That's good that they actually acknowledged that it was the last day for Alien Encounter, although a ceremony like Kongfrontation got at Universal woulda been nice but I wouldn't expect that from Disney. They usually like to let things like this go without a word.

ToTBellHop

Glad you enjoyed the Magical Celebration of Disney Dreams, bud! It truly is incredible...I look forward to your photos! (take care of your foot!)

Dr Albert Falls

Wannabeimagineer---

The only reason Universal made such a big splash with Kong's departure was because, for the park's first 10 years, King Kong was the park's SIGNATURE attraction. It was on every billboard, every ticket, every brochure, every advertisement. In fact, it was more like the park's ICON, just like Cinderella Castle or Spaceship Earth. So they HAD to make a big deal about it to explain its sudden absence.

As for Alien Encounter-- few people knew it existed. Even fewer enjoyed it. (Ask anybody on the street to name 15 Disney attractions, and I guarantee AE does not come to mind)

But you're wrong to say Disney lets things go without a word. Disneyland's "Main Street Electrical Parade Farewell Season" is a perfect example (granted, it was more a marketing event, and it didn't really "glow away", but that's another story).

Disneyland also made big deals about the departure of the Skyway and Submarine Voyage.

They don't do it in Florida as much. I bet part of that is because WDW doesn't have the same historical importance as DL. Also, there are always so many changes going on at WDW, they would have a ceremony every month! (Farewell to the former Animation Tour? Farewell to Residential Street? Farewell to Dreamflight? Farewell to Mickey Mouse Review/Magic Journeys/Lion King?)

MrNonacho

Premium Member
I just got back from seeing the very last X-S Tech demonstration. Some people here think that I hated this attraction and couldn't wait to see it go. That just wasn't true. I will miss it, but I think it had a good run. I have high hopes for its replacement.

The final show was a blast! Cheers and applause after the S.I.R./Skippy preshow and plenty of interaction from the audience in the main show. It was great hearing "It's my mother-in-law!" shouted by audience members all around me simultaneously. At times, the screaming/cheering was so loud that I could barely hear the show audio. At the end the exit doors were held closed while a cast member gave a heartfelt thank you and goodbye to the audience. She had just been the final person up on the Catwalk, and AE was the first attraction she had ever experienced at WDW. She closed with something that she must have been wanting to say for a long time: "Yes, that is a real person up there!" And that was it.

So long, X-S Spokesperson, Chairman Clench, S.I.R., Skippy, Dr. Femus, Spinlock and Alien. Thanks for the encounters.

cymbaldiva

I'm sorry Dr Albert Falls ...

"As for Alien Encounter-- few people knew it existed. "

I'm going to have to say you're mistaken - AE was featured in Disney promo materials for quite awhile. The attraction was quite a departure from the typical MK fare though, so it might not pop to mind if one were taking a poll on the subject. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I do think that is was pretty kewl that the powers that be acknowledged that AE was leaving... there have been so many that have just gone without so much as a kiss and a :wave: !

Mourning the fallen attractions....

dxwwf3

Originally posted by MrNonacho
I just got back from seeing the very last X-S Tech demonstration. Some people here think that I hated this attraction and couldn't wait to see it go. That just wasn't true. I will miss it, but I think it had a good run. I have high hopes for its replacement.

The final show was a blast! Cheers and applause after the S.I.R./Skippy preshow and plenty of interaction from the audience in the main show. It was great hearing "It's my mother-in-law!" shouted by audience members all around me simultaneously. At times, the screaming/cheering was so loud that I could barely hear the show audio. At the end the exit doors were held closed while a cast member gave a heartfelt thank you and goodbye to the audience. She had just been the final person up on the Catwalk, and AE was the first attraction she had ever experienced at WDW. She closed with something that she must have been wanting to say for a long time: "Yes, that is a real person up there!" And that was it.

So long, X-S Spokesperson, Chairman Clench, S.I.R., Skippy, Dr. Femus, Spinlock and Alien. Thanks for the encounters.

I bet that was something. I wish I could've been there. But then again it's kind of embarassing to let others see you start crying like a baby and I definately would've been doing that :lol: . Crap I'm getting emotional now just thinking about it. I still can't believe it's gone.

aim

Great update! Even though I was not a huge fan of AE, it will me missed by me. I hope they keep Skippy though! He was my favorite thing from it!

The_CEO

Thanks for the update Patrick. I enjoyed this one out of all of yours so far. I'm SO glad you had fun. Thanks again

JuStIn.

oliveirach

Glad you had a great day at the parks. Alien Encounter will be missed but Stich Escape! is more in line with what the Magic Kingdom is Family Freindly Attractions. As for Wishes I was so blown away by it on Thursday. I don't think I have ever seen a fireworks spectacular that has moved me like that did. The music is good the story is good. Nothing wrong with it.

Later,
Chris O.

Another great update ISTCrew20!!

I wish I could have made it up to see the last show of AE. The first time I saw it it scared me good. I always enjoyed bringing people there that remembered it as Mission to Mars and freaking them out. I only hope that with Stich it is better! I am also one that will miss lil Skippy!

So what's up with the toe? Trying to jump in the Limo to fast?

Davie

I completley agree with you about the HM movie set. Yesterday was my last day at WDW and I went to MGM just for that, it was a waste of time. Actually you were in the same showing I was in. I thought you looked familiar, but now I know where from.

SpongeScott

Originally posted by ISTCrew20

--Just wanna say, the parks were MOBBED...Just crazy people everywhere.
:lol: Patrick, this was funny. Crazy people were everywhere OR did you mean to have a comma after crazy?

Thanks for the good report on Wishes. Wish (no pun intended) that we could've seen it on this last trip.

monorail256

Great Update!! Wishes sounds really good... can't wait to see it... and how lucky were you?! getting to see FITS and Wishes in one night...

Oh Well... my little cousin rented the Lizzie McGuire movie, and wants to watch it now..

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
Ryan--OO00OO Lizzie is Cool!!!

Spongescott--You can be the judge of what I meant:D

Davie--Wow!...we were in there around 10-15 I believe. What were you wearing, I may remember you since it was early in the morning, and my memory is better than it was last night :)hammer: ) If you saw me with the girl who kept jinglin her keys, and poppin her gum, and the guy next to her (me) tellin her to stop, yep, thats me

Daddyphat-- I was getting into the Limo, and, I flat out tripped, and my toe hit the side of the bump inside the seat (we were in the very front seat, so its got those 2 big bumps on the floor) and the pain went away for the 70 seconds while I was on the ride...but I had to walk the rest of the day

Razorbrad--The crowds were...Lemme say this:We went to EVERY bargain resturaunt in the studios, and there wasnt one that had less than a 30 min wait for food...So, we managed the order quickly at Rosies, and then had to wait FOREVER in the pickup line, for them to call our number

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom