ISTCrew's February 22nd WDW Update

Hank Scorpio

Re: Re: ISTCrew's February 22nd WDW Update

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
I just want to make sure I have all the great bits of news straight.

1. Cushy Tushies on the buses.
2. They refilled the soda machines at Ice Station Cool!
3. Half of the kiosks at the M:S Postcards are not working...(probably til today)
4. New area in Innoventions that tells you a dumb height.
5. No more $1 Sodas at AKL
6. Two...count them...TWO soda machines at the AKL bus stop!
7. They moved a sign across the street so they could put up a construction wall.
8. The bridge at the Everest Construction is already rusting!?!?! ;)
9. A step by step map to a phone in the Magic Kingdom! :sohappy:

Did I miss anything?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

BeachClubVillas

Are those bus seats for real?? From the pictures, they look pretty ugly, IMO. I mean, they can't hire enough CMs to keep the place clean enough but they can cushion the bus seats?? Come on people, it's a 5-10 minute ride!!!! :brick: :lol:

Hank Scorpio

I think its a good idea, even for a 5-10 min ride.

But the reason this will turn out bad is because of the idiots who will spoilt it by ruining the seats.

stagestar

Hey there, Hi there, Ho there,

I really hope for once nobody will mess with the new cushions on the buses - it is well worth having them. In the past I mostly stayed in the Downtown Disney Hotels on Hotel Plaza Blvd. which have their own buses running to the parks and especially after a long day in the parks it was really pleasant to have a soft, cushioned seat, a lot better than a ride from one of the parks to DownTown Disney in one of the Disney buses without a cushion. Especially if coming from one of the locations further odff e.g. Blizzard Beach a cushioned seat is really great!

About that gossip phone: since when is it in place? At the Disneyland Resort Paris we have something similar, just that it is not one phone, but several phones all over the Main Street in shops and the restaurants, where you can listen to the conversations going on between residents of the Main Street.

Historical background to the gossip phone: when the telephone was introduced instead of giving everyone his one line in the beginning a complete small town or at least sections of towns only received one shared line, also called "community line". There would be telephones all over the town but they would all be connected to the same line, so if you picked up a phone you would eb able to call someone only if nobody else would be speaking, if someone else was already be using the line you were able to listen in. That situation is recreated by the "gossip phone".

Yours
Dirk

wanabeimagineer

Originally posted by TiNkErBeLl05
Wow wannabeImagineer your picture of us looks like you were poparatzi and that is about to end up in the Enquire.:)

:lol: Who says it's not?

Actually I was just sitting down on the curb and I saw you guys walk by and so I took out my camera phone (oh yea, see I knew it would come in handy someday).

I didn't say anything because I was sittting there with my family and they woulda thought I was wierd if I went up and talked to some random person. As if they don't think I'm wierd enough as it is :rolleyes: By the way, Patrick is a lot taller than I imagined.

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
Re: Re: ISTCrew's February 22nd WDW Update

I just want to make sure I have all the great bits of news straight.

1. Cushy Tushies on the buses.
2. They refilled the soda machines at Ice Station Cool!
3. Half of the kiosks at the M:S Postcards are not working...(probably til today)
4. New area in Innoventions that tells you a dumb height.
5. No more $1 Sodas at AKL
6. Two...count them...TWO soda machines at the AKL bus stop!
7. They moved a sign across the street so they could put up a construction wall.
8. The bridge at the Everest Construction is already rusting!?!?! ;)
9. A step by step map to a phone in the Magic Kingdom! :sohappy:

Did I miss anything?

Actually you did...The whole New York Street mess:)

WDWFREAK53

Re: Re: Re: ISTCrew's February 22nd WDW Update

Originally posted by ISTCrew20
Actually you did...The whole New York Street mess:)

Ah yes...my bad :)

Did they happen to remove any soda machines from that area? ;)

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
Re: Re: Re: Re: ISTCrew's February 22nd WDW Update

Ah yes...my bad :)

Did they happen to remove any soda machines from that area? ;)

No silly goose, there were no soda machines in that area...:rolleyes:

Lol...and it's not just AKL, No place has $1 sodas anymore, which means when you're at your hotel room, and want a soda, you have to pay $2.50, instead of the usual $1

s25843

Hmm the 2 Space Postard stations are still down, damn it takes Disney awhile LOL The 2nd station on the wall side had just broken on the 11th, and another was down..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom