Issues with guests linked to hotel reservation?

WDW_Jon

Original Poster
Hi, asked a couple of questions over the past few weeks about MDE etc as we are using the new system for the first time this year after last visit in 2012...

Staying at the Dolphin and recently got my reservation number to link the guests to my MDE account, this is where the first problem came, I have an account for myself with 3 other adults and 2 kids on my party list on the MDE app but it will only let me link the hotel reservation with 4 people and won't allow me to add the other 2!?
We have two rooms booked and I'm not sure the app recognises this and assume the reservation number may only cover one room?

Confused!? :confused:

Also, does every member of the party need their own MDE account for the purposes of FP+ when I come to linking tickets 60 days out or can this be linked through the one account I have setup??

All help appreciated as always :)

DisneyJoe

The lead guest on each reservation does the link of the reservation to their individual MDE account.

Then you "share" friends and family so that you can see each others info.

I am sure others will be along with more precise info.

WDW_Jon

Original Poster
The lead guest on each reservation does the link of the reservation to their individual MDE account.

Then you "share" friends and family so that you can see each others info.

I am sure others will be along with more precise info.
Ok, so does that mean we need to set up 5 more MDE accounts to share plans etc?
Like I say I have the whole party listed on my personal MDE but that's only allowing 4 of us to be listed on that reservation...

Kingoglow

I just went through this for 3 parties and 3 rooms. Many of the specifics have to do with how your purchase the rooms and the MDE accounts. In your scenario I will do my bet to tell you what is happening based off a couple of assumptions.

IF you have two rooms and each room was booked and paid for by different people, then each of those people needs to have an MDE account and each of them links their own reservation to the account. The rest of the guests do not necessarily NEED an account. The two guests who booked the room can each create placeholder accounts for every guest that will be staying in their individual rooms. Once an MDE account and a placeholder account has been created for everybody staying in each room, then one of the two people that booked the room (and has a full MDE account) can goto the Family & Friends page and send an email request to the other main person (who booked the other room) and you select what level of interaction you want: view plans or view AND modify plans. The other person has to access their email account and hit accept. Once linked, you should now be able to see all of the guest accounts that were created by the other room and allow you to link with them as well.

If you have any issues doing this, call Disney and when prompted to describe what you are calling about say 'My Disney Experience'. Talk the CM through your issue. You will need both reservation numbers, both email address and a bit of personal information about the other party (like home city or zip). But before you make the call, it is easier on the CM if both MDE accounts and all guest accounts have already been created.

jlthomas81

I just went through this for 3 parties and 3 rooms. Many of the specifics have to do with how your purchase the rooms and the MDE accounts. In your scenario I will do my bet to tell you what is happening based off a couple of assumptions.

IF you have two rooms and each room was booked and paid for by different people, then each of those people needs to have an MDE account and each of them links their own reservation to the account. The rest of the guests do not necessarily NEED an account. The two guests who booked the room can each create placeholder accounts for every guest that will be staying in their individual rooms. Once an MDE account and a placeholder account has been created for everybody staying in each room, then one of the two people that booked the room (and has a full MDE account) can goto the Family & Friends page and send an email request to the other main person (who booked the other room) and you select what level of interaction you want: view plans or view AND modify plans. The other person has to access their email account and hit accept. Once linked, you should now be able to see all of the guest accounts that were created by the other room and allow you to link with them as well.

If you have any issues doing this, call Disney and when prompted to describe what you are calling about say 'My Disney Experience'. Talk the CM through your issue. You will need both reservation numbers, both email address and a bit of personal information about the other party (like home city or zip). But before you make the call, it is easier on the CM if both MDE accounts and all guest accounts have already been created.

You were a few steps ahead of me!

WDW_Jon

Original Poster

Thank you very much, both under my name so I should in theory be able to control everything as far as MDE and FP for the whole party if I'm understanding this?
Had a helpful email from guest relations at the dolphin who sent me the confirmation number I needed but then I've hit the issue in asking about...
Thanks again, think it may just have to be a UK to US international call to get it resolved quickly!
First question would be, are both rooms booked under your name?
Both rooms under my name...

WDW_Jon

Original Poster
If both rooms are in your name, something isn't linking right. When you go through the link process, does it error out or just not link?

If either of those is happening, make the call. 0800 16 90 749 from the UK.
Reservation popped straight up and allowed me to add guests I have listed on my MDE account but stopped me at 4...
I'm down as booking the stay on there but not down as actually staying as well as my youngest boy ? :banghead:
Won't allow me to add the other two?

WDW_Jon

Original Poster
Did you link only one room? You have to link each room separately.

How are your rooms booked? If you have 4 adults, 2 kids, is it 2 adults, 1 kid in each room? If so you need to link exactly like that. If you link three adults 1 child, it's going to error out because the room doesn't have a third adult charge on it.

What this sounds like is a need to link one room - add two adults one child to it. Then using the same code, link the other room - add two adults one child. If that doesn't work, I'd call MDE support. They may need to code your room for you to accept two rooms.
2 adults and 2 kids in one room, 2 adults in the other...
Only got one code and it obviously only related to a single room?
It won't let me add or remove anything now and if i try use the code again it tells me it's in use...
Think a call is in order to find out how the system is thinking...
Thanks for your help!

Rob562

If I'm understanding properly all of what's been said, I think the basis of the issue is the two reservations being listed under your name. While it may seem the simplest way for you to work with the reservations, the MDE system works by knowing who is staying in which room. So when dealing with multiple hotel rooms there can be only one "you", not the "you" in Room 1 and the "you" in Room 2.

So if you have John, Sarah, Bobby and Sally staying in Room 1, and then Steve and Dianne in Room 2, the two hotel reservations must list the names that way. You can't have John be on both reservations and then expect them to link up properly.

Once you get the names associated with each of the two separate reservations sorted out, things should link up more easily. (Realizing that you will be linking *two* hotel reservation numbers, one for each room) And as others have suggested, at the very least the "lead" guests in each room should have their own stand-alone MDE accounts with the others in their group being "managed by" sub-profiles.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom