Starbucks Trolley Car Cafe on Hollywood Blvd at Disney's Hollywood Studios?

psherman42

I always thought Writer's Stop would make the most sense. I know it's kind of in the back of the park but...it's already a coffee shop. Seems like the refurb wouldn't be that difficult. Oh well. As long as they don't mess with Starring Roles. That place is busy enough as it is without making it a Starbucks too.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I always thought Writer's Stop would make the most sense. I know it's kind of in the back of the park but...it's already a coffee shop. Seems like the refurb wouldn't be that difficult. Oh well. As long as they don't mess with Starring Roles. That place is busy enough as it is without making it a Starbucks too.
I think Cinema Storage is a good choice.

The Writer's Shop is kind of on the small side. It's location could also make traffic a big problem as it is right at a bottle neck.

Cinema Storage appears to have more square footage and a better location. Not to mention that is is really just a gift shop where the Writer's Stop does have at least a little personality to it. I would much rather re-purpose a generic gift shop vs loosing Writer's Stop.

MarkTwain

Sounds like a great, even ideal location for the DHS Starbucks. Hollywood Boulevard could use a good eatery by the entrance, and that shop always seemed like an odd fit anyway; it felt a little too "backlot" for the ritzy Hollywood Blvd. It's just a shame Sid Cahuenga's couldn't have survived through all this.

FerretAfros

I'm surprised that the merchandise team would be willing to let that space go. Between that and Sid's, it seems like they've lost a pretty decent chunk of the Hollywood Blvd retail space recently. I'm sure that the income from Starbucks would be more than another shop selling the same stuff, but it seems strange that it would move from merchandise to food & beverage

tissandtully

NOOOO, that's like the only quiet place left there. Also, carrot-cake cookie!

tissandtully

I'm surprised that the merchandise team would be willing to let that space go. Between that and Sid's, it seems like they've lost a pretty decent chunk of the Hollywood Blvd retail space recently. I'm sure that the income from Starbucks would be more than another shop selling the same stuff, but it seems strange that it would move from merchandise to food & beverage

If only it weren't all the same generic stuff, doesn't make much sense when all the stores sell the same thing.

plaz10

I hope this is true! I was really worried about Starring Rolls so I'm happy to see that (hopefully) it won't be going anywhere.

I really like the Writers Stop too but I'd sacrifice it over Starring Rolls in a heartbeat! Ha! But the location is less than ideal for Starbucks - too out of the way. In MK and EPCOT both Starbucks are right in the front and get a ton of foot traffic. This DHS spot guarantees almost every park guest will go by it.

I'm a big fan of this location for Starbucks! Hope it's very true! :D

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Meh, it's better to misuse a generic shop than to vandalise an atmospheric shop. But that's still just the same as saying it is better to put Frozen in Norway than in SSE.

Starbucks has no place in a highly themed Heyday Hollywood area.
Thankfully, thanks to the hat, we no longer have that. Might as well get a coffee from Starbucks on the way to buy a DisneyParks pin.

DinoInstitute

Meh, it's better to misuse a generic shop than to vandalise an atmospheric shop. But that's still just the same as saying it is better to put Frozen in Norway than in SSE.

Starbucks has no place in a highly themed Heyday Hollywood area.
I agree. Infact, I really don't like starbucks in any of the parks. When you are in the parks, what you want is to be transported to a new place and immersed in what is around you. With starbucks there, something that is common in the outside world...idk...for me it kinda just takes something away...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom