Is WDW or Universal Escape more technologically advanced?

Tom Morrow

Nobody is getting their head ripped off! Hes punching through a wall.

Also, nobody ever said that Hulk is the most technically advanced coaster, but just because it uses tires doesn't make it cheap either.

The_Pudgy_Kid

Originally posted by Tom Morrow
Nobody is getting their head ripped off! Hes punching through a wall.

Also, nobody ever said that Hulk is the most technically advanced coaster, but just because it uses tires doesn't make it cheap either.
I understand where you are coming from and i understand what you are saying as well. Like I said before It is an inside JOKE.

I never said it was. I was just making a comment. I have just been egging to know... what is the actual theme of the hulk ride? I still cant find it.

P.S. I am attaching this for absolutely no reason...

Attachments

• koo dancin monkey.gif
    koo dancin monkey.gif
    3.8 KB · Views: 76

Tom Morrow

Whoops. I thought you said "Name".

I don't know much about the Hulk character and such, but the theme is that troops are looking all over for the Hulk monster to kill him. You walk into Dr. Bruce Banner's (the guy that becoems the Hulk when he gets mad) lab, where he is planning another dangerous attempt at destroying the Hulk using the Gamma tube (the launch tube.) He warns you not to follow him, but you do anyway and join him in the experimentt. It seems to be going as planned at first, but the tube's alarms go off and it warns that the coolant levels are dropping (IE, its not going to work.) This enrages Dr. Bruce Banner and he turns into the Hulk.

The_Pudgy_Kid

Originally posted by Tom Morrow
Whoops. I thought you said "Name".

I don't know much about the Hulk character and such, but the theme is that troops are looking all over for the Hulk monster to kill him. You walk into Dr. Bruce Banner's (the guy that becoems the Hulk when he gets mad) lab, where he is planning another dangerous attempt at destroying the Hulk using the Gamma tube (the launch tube.) He warns you not to follow him, but you do anyway and join him in the experimentt. It seems to be going as planned at first, but the tube's alarms go off and it warns that the coolant levels are dropping (IE, its not going to work.) This enrages Dr. Bruce Banner and he turns into the Hulk.

It is ok i forgive you and i can see where you got that.

Thanks a lot for clearing that up. Looking at the pics of the coaster I can now see how that would tie into the coaster. As I said before Thanks a bunch for this one, I am sure Disney Expert will do the same in thanking you. Niether he nor I could figure it out.

The_CEO

Are you all seeing that he's transforming into the "HULK"???http://www.rcdb.com/installationgallery557.htm?Picture=11 I mean look at the stages of the sign.. Gosh.. Why would someone get his head chopped off in a sign..?? lol... Sounds a bit silly.. Mr P.. What do you consider Technical>??? I mean you mentioned the MAGNETS in the STREETS...Ok I can see that but what else is " technical" at the park?? All the other things are rides and walky talkies...lol... Universal seems to have didly squat in technical stuff other then ride systems that seems why were talking about Twister and Hulk so much..

*( I watched on a program about coasters and it said that Hulk alone has enough power to supply about 42 homes.... I'm probably way off on the home numbers.. But just to think that Hulk is getting that much power to run that.. WOW~~!!!...

~ Justin...

The_CEO

look what I found On my computer.. Another low attendance pic .. hehe... Pretty pathetic if you ask me.. We did both parks in one day did i mention that also??

~ Justin...

MrPromey

Original Poster
Originally posted by the_ceo_at_wdw
Are you all seeing that he's transforming into the "HULK"???http://www.rcdb.com/installationgallery557.htm?Picture=11 I mean look at the stages of the sign.. Gosh.. Why would someone get his head chopped off in a sign..?? lol... Sounds a bit silly.. Mr P.. What do you consider Technical>??? I mean you mentioned the MAGNETS in the STREETS...Ok I can see that but what else is " technical" at the park?? All the other things are rides and walky talkies...lol... Universal seems to have didly squat in technical stuff other then ride systems that seems why were talking about Twister and Hulk so much..

*( I watched on a program about coasters and it said that Hulk alone has enough power to supply about 42 homes.... I'm probably way off on the home numbers.. But just to think that Hulk is getting that much power to run that.. WOW~~!!!...

~ Justin...

Well, Disney has scores of very things which amount to innovative engineering or high tech that goes well beyond the stuff guest see walking through the parks which is the point behind it – to do its job and remain transparent to the guests… I’m not aware of a whole lot of this kind of thing with Universal at all which was what I was hoping to get from some of the people from the Universal camp… Perhaps this kind of discussion falls too far outside the scope of knowledge for most of the people in this forum… In any event, I would give Universal a little credit for their costuming system which is handled with a sort of dry cleaning rack where employees swipe their ID card and the rack spins till it gets to their costume…

The_CEO

See i can tell you more about rides then that sort of stuff... yeah that is neat how they do that.. I mean technology in wdw or U.S. is all included in one package... the rides work with the non rides and the non rides work the rides... How about the Fast Pass.. Is that considered technology??... I mean it seems that every park has a F.P. system now... So how original is that.. I can't say that they are " copying " disney cause they aren't.. Isnt there a company that like manufactuers them or somthing???

~ Justin...

MrPromey

Original Poster
See i can tell you more about rides then that sort of stuff... yeah that is neat how they do that.. I mean technology in wdw or U.S. is all included in one package... the rides work with the non rides and the non rides work the rides... How about the Fast Pass.. Is that considered technology??... I mean it seems that every park has a F.P. system now... So how original is that.. I can't say that they are " copying " disney cause they aren't.. Isnt there a company that like manufactuers them or somthing???

~ Justin...

Well, Disney developed their system on their own and were the first. I’m pretty sure they had their system in place for at least SOME rides about a full year before Universal started offering anything of the sort. I'm not sure what Universal is using these days beyond the front of the line access for resort guests. I know they had a system in place a while back that seemed to be giving out too many different tickets for it to work when the parks were busy and every time I've been over the last seven or so months, all of their Universal Express stations were closed. I don’t know if it was just the time of day or what. I never bothered to look at the maps to see what they said about it since most of the time, everything seemed like a just about walk-on. I know that Disney’s system was more thought out because it’s system regulated the number of tickets given out for time frames where Universals system will never be able to do that when a resort guest can go to the front of the line for Spidy, ride it go back to the front of the line and ride again and so on… It gives them no control over the numbers which is why when everything was working, I one day saw a 45 minute wait for front of the line access to Dudley Doright and a two hour one for everyone else… 45 minutes doesn’t seem like front of the line to me. Like I said though, that was months ago so maybe they’ve revamped or have been working to revamp the system to work better – one would hope, anyway :)

The_Pudgy_Kid

Uhh... Disney Expert... are you ever going to post again? Can anyone give me an update as to what has happened to Epcot?

P.S. DOGS RULE!... I hope you liked the pics i sent. I see you are now using one for your avatar.

JoeZerboy

~ Justin... [/B]

Which goes to answer the question as to whether the Hulk uses a LIM launch or wheel launch. To go from barely nothing to 40+ mph, the Hulk utilizes a LIM launch. If it were a wheel launch, it'd be kind of hard, I think, to cover the noise of the tires squealing and the vibrations from them if one were to begin going out of balance during the day.

To the one who described the theming on Hulk...good job, couldn't have done better myself.

J-

DigitalDisney

The Hulk uses an all-wheel launch. No LIMs or LSMs involved. That's why the whole launch tube is lined with wheels.

If you think about it, nearly all rides out there depend on tires of some sort, whether it be an obvious feature (test track and hulk), or a hidden one (omnimover vehicles, MiB, Spiderman, etc.). The alignment and balance problem would occur on all of these rides too, but it doesn't appear to be an issue.

Also, there is a speed sensor at the top of the launch tube. If the gamma sled isn't going at a specific speed range, then it enables a brake system and the train is lowered back into the station. I think that this has only happened once in the coaster's history.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom