Is this another cut back?

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
the last few years pass holders received a comemorative F&W glass. I look forward to them adding to my collection. This tear we are getting a button, now that's nice but it's no glass. It's the 35 th anniversary of Epcot shouldn't we have something extra special?

JIMINYCR

As a special event there should be something classier than buttons. Even a special pin would be preferred by most. I have many friends who have planned to go in the past looking forward to collecting the glasses. They probably still will attend but I know theres going to be a lot of grumbling over the cheap change.

DABIGCHEEZ

Now this is a valid complaint. It's insulting to passholders to go from nice glasses to cheap buttons. Notice also the Remy scavenger hunt prize is a lazy keychain instead of a pin this year, too.

Wait... is this only a valid complaint because your are a local pass holder? I honestly don't know if you are, just thought I saw you mention it recently.

Souvenir

Maybe handing out glassware that a lot of people don't really care about but only bother to pick up because it's free has some safety issue or is just plain wasteful? Maybe some of that glass ends up broken on the ground or many of the glasses themselves end up abandoned throughout the park? We always skip going to get our glasses because I have no desire to carry them around or to figure out how to pack them to take home on the plane. Perhaps many passholders, especially those who aren't local really don't care about this freebie. My kids actually collect pins and buttons so the change is an improvement for us. Like all changes, I'm sure the reaction will be mixed. Disney has likely calculated that any negative reaction will be offset one way or another.

Rumrunner

As a special event there should be something classier than buttons. Even a special pin would be preferred by most. I have many friends who have planned to go in the past looking forward to collecting the glasses. They probably still will attend but I know theres going to be a lot of grumbling over the cheap change.
It seems a lot of things are changing at Disney all moving in the direction of "cheap" and definitely less value for the loyal patrons. Disney is such a special place and to watch what has been happening lately is very disappointing.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Um before 2015-2016 Passholders didn't get any glass etc at Food & Wine so not a cutback being it wasn't always done. And yes I'm an AP and no biggy to us. We got our glasses in 2015 so it was nice and we are happy to have gotten that. ;)

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
It seems a lot of things are changing at Disney all moving in the direction of "cheap" and definitely less value for the loyal patrons. Disney is such a special place and to watch what has been happening lately is very disappointing.
What's the difference between a "loyal patron" and a "brainwashed sucker"?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom