Is There ANYTHING you Just Don't Like About Disney?

captainkidd

I have a few:

-Flash photography. Look, people are rude and stupid. No getting around that. But the fact that Disney does nothing to enforce the no flash photography on dark rides, to me, is a slap in the face to the guest. I pay good money to get in here and enjoy attractions like Pirates. I would honestly like to see Disney enforce the policy that if you are using a flash on your camera, you may be asked to leave the park. Print it in English, Portugese and whatever other language they deem necessary and have it posted outside each dark ride and repeated over and over again on the loudspeaker.

-Disney's disregard for customer requests. Obviously, they can't do EVERYTHING the customer want, but the majority of people have voiced displeasure with the new TTA, Monorail and Railroad spiels. Disney could not possibly care less. That bugs me a bit.

G00fyDad

-Flash photography. Look, people are rude and stupid. No getting around that. But the fact that Disney does nothing to enforce the no flash photography on dark rides, to me, is a slap in the face to the guest. I pay good money to get in here and enjoy attractions like Pirates. I would honestly like to see Disney enforce the policy that if you are using a flash on your camera, you may be asked to leave the park. Print it in English, Portugese and whatever other language they deem necessary and have it posted outside each dark ride and repeated over and over again on the loudspeaker.

Do what I do. Honest to God, walk right up to them after the ride, while it is still relatively dark, and snap a photo with the flash on right in their face. Then let them know that is all you were able to see the entire ride. The worst one I have ever seen was on Splash Mountain. Everyone in the boat was yelling at this guy to stop taking flash pictures. He was literally snapping photo after photo after photo with the flash on each time. Even people in the boats in front of and behind us were yelling at this guy. When we pulled into the unloading area about 15 people complained to the CM who, of course, did nothing. I had about 20 to 25 shots with full flash of the idiot leaving the ride while we walked through the exit area. :D He actually had the gall to cuss me out for blinding him.

eddiemcgarrigle

Are there people who rent a scooter when they don't really need one? Yes. Can we identify them with certainty? No. Better to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, rather than unfairly brand someone a "cheater."

I do give people the benefit of the doubt at every available opportunity but when you see someone leaping up three steps at a time and pushing people out of the way in their haste, it's hard not to form an opinion. Sure, not everyone abuses the use of the scooters but those that do certainly spoil it for those who don't.

JiminyandTink

1) Crowds (especialy hard navigating after parades or shows)
2) Long waits for rides or buses
3) Prices and food selection
4) It's too far from me :)

... other than that, nope

WDWLOYAL1971

Yes: Flash photography on rides, hecklers on rides, people who shove, the fact that their resort rates has more than trippled in 10 years, still they are the same resorts, their yearly price hike for their park admission and their food among other things, the decline of courteous CM which goes along with their decline in what they were known for which was excellent customer service. Yet I continue to go.:shrug: I guess for me, despite these things, and there are a few I left out, it still is the best place to vacation.:sohappy:

Gojira ゴジラ

People that think the middle of the walkway is stopping area! Especially with their strollers and entire family reunion!:brick:

I bet at least once, you've done it too. Trust me everyone do this at some points. The only difference is that those who are aware like you and me, do it less than other people.

puntagordabob

When I see this sign I really Hate Disney!

leaving-disney-world-after-dropping--large-msg-116962329736.jpg

mergatroid

People talking during attractions and shows, it's so rude. Even had a guy doing it during Cirque du Soleil one time, talking in Spanish to his family and an usher had to tell him to zip it.

Also people hovering and trying to hurry you when you're eating and it's hard for them to find a table. I know the answer is to ignore them but it's not so easy when they're stood over you talking loudly and glaring.

Yodadudeman

I think the prices. I dont know but 89 dollars a day for park tickets is a little much. That being said, I pay it without much thought. It sounds cliche but probably leaving. That part does suck. But its like saying goodbye to a good friend. I know I'll see them again. ;)

BamaDisneyFan

Mine is I love sweet tea and they don't have it. They make tea for unsweet tea,why not go the extra step and add sugar to it to make sweet tea. I mean really...how hard is that. It's a no brainer!!

Pooh Lover

OK, the price isn't going to change.....so.....if I could complain about a couple things and hope they would change it would be flash photography and line cutters. I switched resorts to get away from the bus problems, which was in Disney's best interest because I went from staying at and enjoying PORS to the WL. I also went from spring/summer to September to get away from tour groups in general which was in my best interest because I now visit in the Value season.

WDW97

When someone just stands there not moving, just talking or whatever in a small walkway. Like one time after the FotLK this lady just stood there pm the bleachers talking to her group while a ton of people are waiting to get out.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
my complaints are things maybe not directly noticed by guests, but which affects the guest experience.
1. The CONSTANT change of management!(except where we need it most!) - they constantly move people around who have no idea how to run the operation and/or who are temporary, trying to make name for themselves to get into a permanent manager position, which causes policy changes which affect the CMs and in turn affects the guest.

Case in point: My group of 25 were told the 5 in our group who were not eating at the Biergarden could not stay with our group. The TA(temporary assignment) manager was A) new to the position within the last month and B) stuck to a "policy" which was never an issue before. She even over-ruled the chef!

2. The use and increase of college program/international college program kids on the front lines. Yes, some are die hard Disney fans(I'm a product of this myself) who want to keep Walt's dream alive on the front lines. Others have never had a job before, become y within 2 months, and are the reason for decrease in service(coupled with #1)

Most of the other problems you all have pointed out are the result of these 2 issues. Do you really think a college kid, making minimum wage who doesn't feel at all vested in the company or the guest experience is going to choose to confront a guest taking flash photos on a ride? or smoking in a non designated area? budging lines? Wearing an inappropriate T-shirt? What if, even if he wanted to, management has advised he can't? Did you know only main entrance front line CMs can pinpoint inappropriate shirts and ask the guest to turn them inside out? Outside of those CMs, a CM must call a manager to have it done. Even security is powerless. Makes you think doesn't it?

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Well, since this thread has been bumped, I'll add my response:

"Other guests"

:D

I was going to put all the weir-dos that frequent the place.

The saccharine infused sanitised perspective also wears a bit thin. If your that bothered by outside influences on your kids keep them at home.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom