Is There ANYTHING you Just Don't Like About Disney?

ddbowdoin

Wait, wait, Time-out. I understand why you would be against Halloween...but Christmas is a pagan Holiday? You do know that the early Church founded the feast of Christmas to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, widely regarded by many to be GOD...so how is this pagan??? Are you referring to Santa Claus? Because he's the modern equivalent of St. Nicolas, yet another religious figure... Christians all over the world celebrate Christ's birth by giving presents to each other...how is this pagan??? I'm so confused!! :shrug:

Back to Disney...

you're confused because you're wrong....

in general this is an argument over semantics, as Christmas as an entity is uniquely a CHRISTIAN holiday by nature of definition, what he means by PAGAN is that CHRISTIANS basically stole a series of other cultures traditions and morphed into their own... 'MY BALL MY RULES" style.

It's loosely based on the concept of Saturnalia, whereas they could not change or alter the celebrations of Romans... so they simply morphed their idea of Christmas around the same time of this celebration so they could convert and control as many as they could. Historically speaking, the subject is well documented. I don't think there is enough space in this post to examine and highlight all of the comparisons that can be made between Northern European pagan rituals and writings to those reflected in what we know of as Christmas today.

DisneyJunkie

Wait, wait, Time-out. I understand why you would be against Halloween...but Christmas is a pagan Holiday? You do know that the early Church founded the feast of Christmas to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, widely regarded by many to be GOD...so how is this pagan??? Are you referring to Santa Claus? Because he's the modern equivalent of St. Nicolas, yet another religious figure... Christians all over the world celebrate Christ's birth by giving presents to each other...how is this pagan??? I'm so confused!! :shrug:

Back to Disney...

You do realize that NONE of the first century Christians celebrated ANY birthdays, let alone the birthday of Christ, don't you? You do know that the ONLY observance that Christians are scripturally commanded to observe is the commemoration of Jesus' DEATH and not his birth or resurrection, right? You do realize that Jesus was NOT born on December 25th, or anywhere near December, or that Santa Claus has nothing to do with Jesus, right? The inclusion of a Christmas tree IS pagan. The date for the Christmas itself is taken from the pagan holiday of Saturnalia. Actual Christians recognize that having anything to do with the holiday of Christmas is improper, especially since so much of it is built on lies and pagan origins.

But all that is a different topic for a different time......

njDizFan

You do realize that NONE of the first century Christians celebrated ANY birthdays, let alone the birthday of Christ, don't you? You do know that the ONLY observance that Christians are scripturally commanded to observe is the commemoration of Jesus' DEATH and not his birth or resurrection, right? You do realize that Jesus was NOT born on December 25th, or anywhere near December, or that Santa Claus has nothing to do with Jesus, right? The inclusion of a Christmas tree IS pagan. The date for the Christmas itself is taken from the pagan holiday of Saturnalia. Actual Christians recognize that having anything to do with the holiday of Christmas is improper, especially since so much of it is built on lies and pagan origins.

The exact reasons why I do celebrate Christmas

6laurac

Thank you Disney Junkie-

Back on the task-What would it take, do you think, to get Disney to be smoke free? With so many people being allergic to smoke or just plain not wanting to be around it due to second hand smoke inhalation, what would it take to get Disney to eliminate the smoking areas?

ddbowdoin

boom... LOGIC, love it

ddbowdoin

Please leave the bickering for off of the forums or for PMs. We don't want this thread trashed, do we?

~ FD.

open discussion and discourse... oh the fascists will shortly be here to clean house

:shrug:

Yodadudeman

Oh boy...sorry I asked!

Don't worry. You're good. This is getting ridiculous...

As to that ridiculously misplaced "facist" comment.... Lets not forget the purpose of this forum much less this entire site. If you want to debate religion and the spiritual meanings of Christmas, perhaps you should do it on a site that isnt named "WDWMAGIC". Just saying...

ddbowdoin

Don't worry. You're good. This is getting ridiculous...

As to that ridiculously misplaced "fascist" comment.... Lets not forget the purpose of this forum much less this entire site. If you want to debate religion and the spiritual meanings of Christmas, perhaps you should do it on a site that isnt named "WDWMAGIC". Just saying...

explain how that was misplaced?

this may very well be a Disney forum, but that doesn't give uneducated and ignorant comments a free pass... now does it?

devoy1701

this may very well be a Disney forum, but that doesn't give uneducated and ignorant comments a free pass... now does it?

Perhaps uneducated...but I think you guys were a little quick to jump on the ignorant assumption. RodSerling posts a lot on here and he's not one to try to stir up trouble...

Sometimes people just need to lay down their arms and not assume everyone is looking to cause a commotion.

ddbowdoin

Perhaps uneducated...but I think you guys were a little quick to jump on the ignorant assumption. RodSerling posts a lot on here and he's not one to try to stir up trouble...

Sometimes people just need to lay down their arms and not assume everyone is looking to cause a commotion.

touche... a bit agitated today

a few hours of Neil Tyson Degrasse lectures will do that to a guy

rsoxguy

The Red Sox are presently squashing the Rays on TV, so I thought I would chime in to speak to a guy from Boston. Is something wrong today? I ask because you have managed to attack people of religious beliefs, The Mom, and anyone in charge of this Forum in just three pages. I do not worry about the Forum, as we will probably all stay away from each other in the real world. It is the people with whom you deal face to face throughout the remainder of the day that I'm concerned about. Please take a few moments to regroup your heart and mind. You don't usually show this level of disregard for the feelings of others, and you honestly seem agitated today.

The Mom

Premium Member
at no point should a thread ever be locked... it's censorship and is sad

disneymom is extremely quick on locking threads, and of course my PM's went unanswered...

typical

You voiced your opinion, I read it. Some people will agree with my decisions, others will not. Until "The Boss" says something about my "style" I'll continue as usual. A moderated forum is censored - there are many others out there where you can say whatever you please, about any topic, using any language you wish. This is a privately owned website and the owner sets the guidelines. When you start your own, you can do the same.

I didn't think your PM required a response - I wasn't aware you expected one.

Now, if everyone could get off of the religious discussion - before I have to lock this thread, also. ;)

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Is there something about Disneyworld you just " Don't Like?"..not including the high cost of going....something about the parks, transportation..etc. I know its VERY HARD to come up with something from a place thats so Magical for all of us..BUT.....

I just don't like the concept of packing people in those buses ,especially late eve. Packed like sardines...little kids, babies...a Disaster waiting to happen. I know people all want to get back to their rooms, but for Disney to put themselves in that position..I just don't like it.

It's not hard at all: American Idol, MARVEL in the parks, AVATARland, Half of Tomorrowland, 3/4th's of Future World, i could go on.. :zipit:

-WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion. :king:

dsnyfreak

I hate the fact that I can stand in line for 20 minutes waiting for a bus, then someone in a wheelchair rolls up as the bus does and are automatically put on the bus. Along with their family that just arrived. Disney should have a seperate bus line for people in wheelchairs. I'm not down on people in wheelchairs, my mother is one, I just think Disney could handle this situation better.

AMEN!!! MY LAST TRIP WE HAD THE SAME 2 OLDER LADIES WHO DID THAT AND THEIR 2 CHAIRS AND 2 GUESTS TOOK UP 10 SEATS!!!! NOTHING AGAINST DISABLED PPL BUT THESE 2 LADIES WERE IN RENTED SCOOTERS NOT CHAIRS AND WHEN THEY GOT ONTO THE BUS THEY HAD NO TROUBLE GETTING OUT OF THE SCOOTER AND WALKING TO FRONT AND BACK OF BUS FOR A SEAT!!!! IF PPL LIKE THAT GET A FIRST CHOICE ...WHY NOT THE FAMILIES WITH MUTIPLE KIDS AND BAGS AND STROLLERS THAT ARE JUST AS LARGE AS A SCOOTER...I KNOW..IVE HAD ONE...2 KIDS AND A BAG AND STROLLER...LOTS OF THINGS AS MOST OF YOU KNOW TO CARRY ONTO A BUS AND AT THE END OF THE DAY TRY AND CARRY ALL THAT PLUS A SLEEPING OR SLEEPY CHILD AND ALOT OF PPL ALREADY SITTING WILL NOT GIVE UP THEIR SEAT FOR YOU...WE HAVE BEEN FORTUNATE BUT WE HAVE SEEN IT HAPPEN. SAD. OUR LAST DAY ON OUR TRIP THIS PAST MARCH THERE WAS A FAMILY OF 3 LEAVING MK ON THE ONE MORE DISNEY DAY AND THE 3 YOUNG KIDS..ALL UNDER 5...WERE ASLEEP...3 STROLLERS..MULTIPLE BAGS...SOUVENEIRS..ETC...2 BUSES SHOW UP AND THEY DID NOT GET A SEAT ON EITHER..A NICE CAST MEMBER GAVE DD A WHEELCHAIR TO SIT IN SINCE 2 BABIES WERE ASLEEP ON DD SHOULDER...IM NOT IN A HURRY..WE WILL WAIT FOR A BUS SO WE CAN GET A SEAT ...BUT ALOT OF PPL DONT MIND...BUT DONT LIKE UP PARENTS CARRYING ALL THE STUFF WE NEED TO CARRY..THEY ALWAYS GIVE YOU DIRTY LOOKS LIKE "WHY ARE YOU BRINGING THOSE KIDS SO YOUNG HERE??" AND "I HOPE THEY DONT HIT ME WITH THAT STROLLER OR THAT BIG BAG!!!"

BUT YES... THEY NEED A BETTER BUS SYSTEM FOR DISABLED...THEY HAVE A SYSTEM SET UP FOR THE ATTRACTIONS...WHY NOT THE BUS SYSTEM??:hammer:

dsnyfreak

Do people actually do that? I've never seen that. Would you be upset if a family was doing that for ONE person who had physical issues and couldn't stand in line... I'm just curious.

IT HAPPENED TO US AT TSM IN MARCH AND WOULDNT YOU GUESS...SOME SPANISH SPEAKING PPL..DONT KNOW WHERE THEY WERE FROM AND IT WASNT LIKE THEY WERE IN THE NEXT LINE OVER...THEY WERE WAAAAAYYYYY UP FRONT..LIKE WHERE YOU P/U YOUR GLASSES!!!THERE WAS PPL GIVING THEM DIRTY LOOKS AND THEY DID IT IN GROUPS..A FEW AT A TIME..TOTAL ..ABOUT 12 OF THEM ...THERE WAS AN OLDER LADY WHEN THE LAST GROUP CUT SAID SOMETHING..AND IN THEIR BEST "I DONT REALLYH SPEAK GOOD ENGLISH BUT I REALLY DO" ACCENT..IM GOING TO MY GROUP..REALLY???!!!!!:fork::fork::brick::fork:

DisneyJunkie

I can say I don't care for "The Circle of Life" in The Land. All of that wasted space with that attraction could surely be used for something more interesting and worthwhile.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom