Is there any way to walk from Port Orleans Riverside or French Quarter to Epcot?

sublimesting

Also which resort do you like better?

We are going to do a moderate next year and were narrowing it down to those 2 and would welcome any opinions.

wdwmomof3

No, there is not a way to walk to Epcot from there. It's further away than it looks on the map. We love love love Riverside though. It's our favorite resort.

Upvote 0

ratherbeinwdw

Also which resort do you like better?

We are going to do a moderate next year and were narrowing it down to those 2 and would welcome any opinions.
That would be a long walk. I've never heard of anyone trying to do that. You can walk there from Swan &Dolphin, Yacht, and Boardwalk, but not PO. PO is pretty far from most parks.
POFQ is smaller and easier to get around, but they sometimes have to share the buses with PORS. PORS also has a better food court. If newness doesn't matter, then either would be fine. I would definitely pick one of those over Caribbean Beach even though it's much closer to Epcot and HS.

Upvote 0

Skibum1970

I'm curious about why you would waqnt to walk to Epcot.?

Actually, I like to walk to/from places just to have the freedom of not relying on a bus. While staying at the Contemporary, we walked to the Magic Kingdom everytime (unless it was raining) because it was a nice short walk. However, it doesn't always work out as well as intended. Once, I walked from the Best Western by the Florida Convention Center to Islands of Adventure while thinking that it wasn't that far. It was further than I thought and tired me out a bit.

For the original question, POR was more enjoyable to me because I didn't care as much for the New Orleans theme of French Quarter. I love the Mansions, quiet pools, and walking around the whole area. Plus, I liked the food court at POR more than French Quarter. I didn't have any trouble with the buses. We had the occasional circumstance where we had to wait for the next one but the waits were manageable.

Even on the "Mom's Panel", they noted that you can't walk to EPCOT. No sidewalks and the busy streets prevent it from being an option.

Upvote 0

sublimesting

Original Poster
We like to not rely on the buses. We always walk between Epcot and Hollywood Studios and though it would be great if we could do that with other resorts as well.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Disney frowns on walking/jogging along roadways or from place to place on property with the exception of where there are specific walkways in place [like Contemporary > MK].

Upvote 0

ddrongowski

People... PEOPLE, as long as you have functioning legs you can walk.

Yes you could walk, just walk along the road sides. It will be a very long walk, figure 1 2 hour each way, to be safe. Also watch out for predator wildlife.

But I suggest mechanized transportation, as it will be much faster.

As for the resort choices, they are both awesome. Riverside has the better food choices, but French Quarter has funner theming. And it is completely feasible to walk to/from the other. I actually walked one time and beat the water transport (new trainee).

Upvote 0

draybook

It's further away than it looks on the map.

This cannot be stressed enough. I figured it was pretty much across the street, until we got there. We've only been to POFQ, but I did trot over to RS on our check out day. It was very pretty but at the same time very bland.

Upvote 0

plaz10

I like POFQ better (then again I only STAYED at POFQ though I visited PORS)

POFQ is the first stop for the bus stop so you're picked up and dropped off first (unless its MK which PORS has their own bus - or from DtD as RS is the first stop)

POFQ is smaller - so everything is close together. Rooms, pool, bus stop. All short walks of one another.

We walked over to Riverside twice to try out their food court. It's much bigger (as to be expected since that resort itself is bigger) but the walk along the river is only about 10 minutes. And it's a nice walk to and from POFQ.

I vote POFQ but that's because I like being close to all the buildings I need and I liked being the first bus stop. But you cannot walk to any park from there. There is a boat service to DtD. That's about it as far as special transportation.

Upvote 0

Sweet Melissa

We've only stayed at Riverside for two nights so far, but we'll be spending ten nights there on our next visit. We picked it only because there was a deeper discount for Riverside than French Quarter when we're visiting next. It's not my first choice even though it's pretty and has nice amenities because it's so large and spread out. We LOVE French Quarter for its compact footprint, subtle theming, and slightly romantic vibe. We've stayed there three times and wouldn't hesitate to return.

Upvote 0

RonAnnArbor

DDRongowski you give very wrong advise....

You can NOT walk from PO resort to Epcot. In fact it is illegal to walk anywhere in WDW unless a path has specifically been built to walk on.

If you are caught walking along the highways security will actually stop you, transport you to your location, chastise you for the five minutes it takes to get there, and warn you that you can not walk on the sides of the roads. They enforce this VERY strictly.

Upvote 0

luv

You could physically do it, but you aren't supposed to walk in the grass next to the roads/highways...or on the highways themselves, of course. If you tried, you would likely be picked up by Disney or the Sheriff's Dept.

Plus, many of the tourists drive like lunatics. Seriously. You'd be taking your life in your hands.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

Technically you could. But if you got caught you would be in trouble.

The only time I would ever even think about it would be at the Marathon start, as some people do just roll out of bed and run across the highway at 5AM instead of taking a bus to just walk back to the resort entrance. And thats only because there are 20,000 people wandering around, plus music, lights, etc.

Upvote 0

ddrongowski

DDRongowski you give very wrong advise....

You can NOT walk from PO resort to Epcot. In fact it is illegal to walk anywhere in WDW unless a path has specifically been built to walk on.

If you are caught walking along the highways security will actually stop you, transport you to your location, chastise you for the five minutes it takes to get there, and warn you that you can not walk on the sides of the roads. They enforce this VERY strictly.

Sorry my tongue in cheek was lost on you.:oops: Notice I mention 2 hours walk, predator animals (alligators), and even suggest mechanized transportation (aka car/bus).

Illegal? Specific path? "In fact it is illegal to walk anywhere in WDW unless a path has specifically been built to walk on." So walking in the parking lot is not allowed?;)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom