Is there a touring plan for Universal and IOA

ann0d1

Original Poster
I have been trying to find a good field tested touring plan for Universal and IOA and cannot find one out on the internet. Does anyone have one I could use? Would include a child age 7.
Thanks
:)

kcnole

My advice is either stay at a property on site and get the free express passes with your room ticket in which case you'll be able to see pretty much anything you want to see, or go during the offseason and everything is pretty much a walk on still.

kcnole

Then since your room tickets double as unlimited express passes you'll be set for seeing everything you want.

Are you looking for more general advice on what to hit with certain age groups?

ann0d1

Original Poster
Not age specific since my DS will go on everything!
Just a plan which attraction to hit first, last, etc so we can get through the park faster.

Jellyfish

We just visited both parks in a day (a day was enough) by driving our hired car there, and paying for a 2 park ticket, it really is enjoyable and worth doing. The rides are so much better than disney as disney only has smallish rides ;)

coasterphil

Honestly, with the Express passes from the hotel I'd just do everything in order as you walk around the park. Your wait will never be more than 15-20 minutes with your passes so there is no use to run around in hopes of trying to save 5-10 minutes when you've payed extra to stay on property and relax.

rwdavis2

The Unofficial Guide has a touring plan. We've been twice during January and, IMHO, there's no need for a plan. We just bear left at the entrances and do them both in a circle. The only long waits (ie 20 mins)were for Dr. Doom (not worth it) and Twister. Everything else was pretty quick. And 2 days was plenty to see both parks.
Bob

kcnole

Yep, like I said earlier. You don't have any need for a guide if you're using the hotel express passes. Most rides will be a walk on, others will be no more than 20 minutes. You could hit almost every possible show and ride in both parks in one day, you can easily see everything and some things more than once in two days with those passes.

ann0d1

Original Poster
Thanks everyone, sounds like you all are in agreement. I'll just work from one end to the other! Starting left makes sense, since human nature is to go right! :)

kcnole

Actually in IOA most people go left first since that's where the Hulk is. I always go right instead and find better lines for at least the first half of my day.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I just got back today from having 6 days at Disney and 2 at Universal.

There is definitely no need for a plan. We did Universal studios in about 3 hours on Tuesday. Wednesday we did Islands in about 4.

Had a great birthday meal at Emeril's.

Pam

ask!

I do agree with everyone about the fact that you do not need a touring plan if you are staying on property. The one recommendation though is that in IOA, I would go right.....going left leads you to the very popular rides Hulk and Spiderman. When we were there in August, the express lines for Hulk and Spiderman had long waits (we do not like to wait more than 10 mins with express) so we went right, stopping at Cat-in-the Hat and then onto Poisedon (sp?) and Fire and Ice......by the time we made our way around the park, both Spiderman and Hulk were walk-on rides with no waiting. Keep in mind that trafifc flow depends on what time you enter the park.

Andrea

sknydave

lol I've been a thousand times and I still haven't seen the 360 show. Is it really bad? The only thing I've seen are the fireworks from outside of the park.

The water "extreme" sports show at IOA was so terrible it was hilarious. I could not believe just how craptacular it was.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
lol I've been a thousand times and I still haven't seen the 360 show. Is it really bad? The only thing I've seen are the fireworks from outside of the park.

Sadly YES!!! Its a great idea and Universal certainly has a quality catalogue of movies to use, but the execution is poor. The clips are too short, dont sync well with the music and the fireworks are so lame I thought I was at a Nov 5th bonfire party in my back garden.

kcnole

360 isn't awful, it just isn't anything really spectacular like the Disney shows are. I really miss the old stunt show on the lagoon that they used to do to end the night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom