Is there a "Master Plan"?

ratherbeinwdw

I know this is worth a grain of salt, but a cm at uni told me they are building the next resort on the side of the interstate closest to the three older resorts. He said that Uni could not get permission to expand the canal under the interstate to connect to Cabana Bay, thus leaving them without boat service for it's guests. I didn't stay onsite, so I don't know if this makes sense or not.

mahnamahna101

I like it, but here are my rebuttals:
1) So how will it lay out? I assume the theater stays and that is the new show. Is the water coaster where Dudley was? If so, maybe not bulldoze it, but just rework it through the mountain framework you already have built.
2) Love that
3) For sure. I loved the ride, but some parts really need fixed, like the Dino at the end, where you can see the head just sitting there for about 10 seconds before he moves.
4) Agree
5) I'm not a huge fan of the Wonka theme. Not sure why it is always thrown around, it just doesn't seem like it would be a great property IMO. I would prefer something like Narnia if you were to go the route of children's novel. Or LOTR if it is necessary to have it.
6) Agree with everything except trolley. Not sure why it has to become one track. I felt hat would just make wait times even longer than they already are.
7) For sure
8) That would be really cool, and I think there should be enough space.
9) I like most of that, but why replace Hippogriff we already have for another one?

With Toon Lagoon, the water coaster would replace Dudley. The front area of TL (empty theater, carnival games, Comic Strip Alley) would be removed for the dark ride, show and flat. Popeye and Sweet Haven would receive some touch-ups but remain standing.

I guess Hippogriff could stay as is, but I just hate the idea of having two kiddie coasters that follow almost the same exact ride layout.

Well, if they don't do Wonka, then I have three other ideas for taking over/revamping LC:

1. Transylvania/Horror (could include H.P. Lovecraft, Edgar Allen Poe, etc)
  2. Revamped LC (Poseidon's Fury turned into a dark ride, flat ride added, Sinbad upgraded)
  3. Roald Dahl in general (Wonka ride, BFG attraction, James and the Giant Peach ride)
I don't know what else could fit into LC's small space. I would prefer they use the lagoon, the Grinchmas soundstage and the plot next to Cat to expand Seuss presence - Mt. Crumpet, revamping Seuss Trolley, a yearround people-eating show, upgrading Cat and adding a Lorax dark ride would make Seuss about perfect. It also makes more sense to do phase 3 where DC is to prevent over-saturation of one single IP.

lazyboy97o

I know this is worth a grain of salt, but a cm at uni told me they are building the next resort on the side of the interstate closest to the three older resorts. He said that Uni could not get permission to expand the canal under the interstate to connect to Cabana Bay, thus leaving them without boat service for it's guests. I didn't stay onsite, so I don't know if this makes sense or not.
That doesn't make sense because Sapphire Falls is going between Royal Pacific and Cabana Bay. The Interstate is also not between any of the hotels.

JoeCamel

No, what you said was:

"I believe he did say it was the ramp that was the problem."

in refrence to your statement:

"I know this is worth a grain of salt, but a cm at uni told me they are building the next resort on the side of the interstate closest to the three older resorts. He said that Uni could not get permission to expand the canal under the interstate to connect to Cabana Bay, thus leaving them without boat service for it's guests. I didn't stay onsite, so I don't know if this makes sense or not.

That leads me to ask if you always speak of yourself in the third person?

ratherbeinwdw

No, what you said was:

"I believe he did say it was the ramp that was the problem."

in refrence to your statement:

"I know this is worth a grain of salt, but a cm at uni told me they are building the next resort on the side of the interstate closest to the three older resorts. He said that Uni could not get permission to expand the canal under the interstate to connect to Cabana Bay, thus leaving them without boat service for it's guests. I didn't stay onsite, so I don't know if this makes sense or not.

That leads me to ask if you always speak of yourself in the third person?
No where in that paragraph do I speak of myself in third person. What is your problem?
Are you always this much of a jerk to people. I don't come on this site for this kind of response.
So, I'll simply block you and not have to deal with your uncalled for rudeness.

Nick Wilde

No where in that paragraph do I speak of myself in third person. What is your problem?
Are you always this much of a jerk to people. I don't come on this site for this kind of response.
So, I'll simply block you and not have to deal with your uncalled for rudeness.
It was a simple mistake. I was confused too. You said "I believe he did say it was the ramp that was the problem." He and I thought when you said "he" in your statement, you were referring to yourself in the 3rd person, not the CM. It was an honest mistake. I don't think he was trying to be rude.

ratherbeinwdw

It was a simple mistake. I was confused too. You said "I believe he did say it was the ramp that was the problem." He and I thought when you said "he" in your statement, you were referring to yourself in the 3rd person, not the CM. It was an honest mistake. I don't think he was trying to be rude.
Thanks for the explanation. The fact that I'm a female, didn't leave room in my mine for the "he" to be anyone other than the cm who I had designated as a "he".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom