Is the Tronorail gone, or going?

ddbowdoin

We are coming in March.. I would love to see it...i'm afraid though by then it will be gone.....

was nothing spectactular... after seeing the movie they really didnt make a tron-o-rail

if they wanted to they could have blacked it all out, and at night iluminated its body with highlights (ala orange or blue from the film)

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
was nothing spectactular... after seeing the movie they really didnt make a tron-o-rail

if they wanted to they could have blacked it all out, and at night iluminated its body with highlights (ala orange or blue from the film)
But that would've cost more money than merely wrapping a monorail, something Disney seems loath to do.

Rinx

I think they should tear the wrappings off and never do it again. They've had worse ideas but this movie was a complete failure. I didn't see it but the numbers speak for itself. It cost $175 million to make and another $175 million to advertise, yet it only made $47 million on its opening weekend. I don't know how much it has made since, but I can't imagine it grossing over or much over $100 million all together. Again, I didn't see it, but I heard a lot of the same from people that did...the special effects and music were great but some parts of the movie were just plain stupid...I just wonder why they put so much money into advertising this one movie, especially since the one from the 80's was far from popular.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I think they should tear the wrappings off and never do it again. They've had worse ideas but this movie was a complete failure. I didn't see it but the numbers speak for itself. It cost $175 million to make and another $175 million to advertise, yet it only made $47 million on its opening weekend. I don't know how much it has made since, but I can't imagine it grossing over or much over $100 million all together. Again, I didn't see it, but I heard a lot of the same from people that did...the special effects and music were great but some parts of the movie were just plain stupid...I just wonder why they put so much money into advertising this one movie, especially since the one from the 80's was far from popular.
Your post reminded me of this old image.
motivaaIDOL.jpg

wdw4brits

It was quite a sight. I remember the 1st time I saw it.. I was like... What on earth is that!! Its a TRON-O-RAIL!
Saw it on my last trip (a week ago).
It must be such a task to take all those stickers off! Glad i'm not doing it :ROFLOL:

ddbowdoin

But that would've cost more money than merely wrapping a monorail, something Disney seems loath to do.

haha very true... the wrapping is like a teal blue and yellow wording. which was not a color scheme even represented in the film

ChrisFL

Premium Member

It's made close to $200 million worldwide and there's already talk of a 3rd movie, not a failure by any stretch.

If you haven't seen it, it's a very well done movie.

As far as why the Tronorail doesn't have the same colors...it was designed after the demo was created, if you go on youtube, look for the ComicCon teaser trailer, before they were approved to make the movie and they were getting fan reaction. The lightcycles were blue and yellow in that clip.

Rinx

It's made close to $200 million worldwide and there's already talk of a 3rd movie, not a failure by any stretch.

The $47 million was just in the US. Good to know its successful international revenue as well. Still has some catching up to do, though lol

worldfanatic

If you haven't seen it, it's a very well done movie.

True, I don't think RINX has a clue what they're talking about.
While TRON LEGACY hasn't become a blockbuster, it's far from a bust.

Considering the worldwide box office and all the other revenue streams from a big movie like TRON, there's many who would say it's a solid success.

I think RINX had their mind made up early that TRON was gonna be a bust. The facts say otherwise.
Refering to it as a "complete failure" is just downright stupid!:shrug:

LucyintheSky

You know, I was not a fan at ALL of the Tronorail concept when I first heard about it. But I spend a lot of time in Epcot, and after seeing it all the time, I've actually become kind of fond of the thing. I like the blue color, and I always find myself smiling when it goes by.

Rinx

I think RINX had their mind made up early that TRON was gonna be a bust. The facts say otherwise.
Refering to it as a "complete failure" is just downright stupid!:shrug:

Right, because you know everything.

It has made a total of $291,412,420 worldwide to date. Yes, far more than my OP but I'm not afraid to admit and say I made a mistake, I don't need someone to call it stupid. Is it a success? No. Failure? No. Has it made a profit yet? No. Will it? Probably over time.

CP_alum08

There are more people than I thought that like it. I personally don't, and can't wait to see it removed. The monorail is along the same lines as the castle and SSE for me and should not be decorated with frosting or wands!

Lisalyn

I was in Epcot twice over Thanksgiving week and wanted to see that darn Tron monorail so bad....had my camera always ready. But alas, it never showed the days I was there:cry::veryconfu:rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom