Is T-REX worth it?

catmandoo

Ate there once about 6 years ago. I thought it was decent, nothing special with the food. The atmosphere was great, but I LOVE anything to do with dinosaurs, so take that as you will.
There was this dessert, if I'm remembering correctly, that was amazing... kind of Ice Cream sandwiches all stacked up and covered with chocolate sauce and whipped cream. Delicious.

Disney4family

We went there a few years ago. My son is a dino expert. Honestly, he gave a CM a run for his money. It has a meteor shower in which the dinos "awake". It's fun. The food is like a Rainforest Cafe place - hit or miss - or just okay. There's a great gift shop attached with a Build-A-Dino. Our house now has 4 dino friends. It's fun. It's more "total experience" than "woo-hoo the best food I've had". We would go back if we spent the time to go down to Disney Springs. We would rather stay in the parks.

JIMINYCR

If anyone in your party is into Dinos its worth it. Food is comparable to Rainforest Cafe, burgers, chicken, seafood. Themed desserts. Pricing compares as well. It is popular with families with kids so it can get noisy, again compares to Rainforest Cafe. Our DS loved it and enjoys the atmosphere so its been a return dining choice for us.

CaptainAmerica

If anyone in your party is into Dinos its worth it. Food is comparable to Rainforest Cafe, burgers, chicken, seafood. Themed desserts. Pricing compares as well. It is popular with families with kids so it can get noisy, again compares to Rainforest Cafe. Our DS loved it and enjoys the atmosphere so its been a return dining choice for us.
^ this.

71dsp

It's noisy, and my son (who loves dinosaurs) wasn't all that crazy about it after we were there 20 min or so. Unfortunately, when we went, it was too loud to really have any type of conversation. Food is ok, not bad, but not *great*. As already stated, on par with Rainforest Cafe. We have only gone once and don't plan to go back.

bethymouse

Food is quite similar to such restaurants as Applebee's or Ruby Tuesdays or any other "regular" bar type food restaurant ( burgers, salads, steaks). The atmosphere is loud, but still kinda cool.:cool: Worth it? With all of the other choices at Disney Springs, IMHO, I'd say no.:(

TERRILYNN

I've not been to the one at Disney, but we have one a couple hours from us. I love it!! Especially if you have little boys. However last time we went in there, ALL the fish were gone and the aquariums were covered with some fish wallpaper...it was ridiculous. At that point, no it would not be worth it, it totally cut down on the atmosphere of the place, so I would call and make sure they still have fish in the tanks. :)

Disney Stine

Not sure when your trip was but they had a crack in their tank and water poured out. Maybe this happened during your trip and the tanks were in the repair phase!

My family (of mainly adults) like to go! We're not there for the best food, but for the atmosphere. The food is big enough to share portions. We all enjoy the cotton-tinis (martinis shaken up in a themed shaker which you get to keep and poured over cotton candy. Sweet drinks.). If anything, maybe go for a drink at the ocean themed bar to see if you enjoy the atmosphere! But, like others said, it does get loud.

PlaneCrazy1978

Not worth it. Overpriced - but you are paying for the atmosphere. Service is meh...and food is somewhat boring. They kind of put "asauras" on everything (Guac-asaurus Burger, Pork-asaurus Sandwich, Caesar-saurus Salad) and call it unique. It's not. It's a burger or a pork sandwich or a caesar salad. But hey, if you got kids that love dinos, go for it.

Wife and I went there in January. We got seated right next to a cool animatronic baby dinosaur. Cool, right? WRONG. Every 3 seconds someone would stop, have their child climb on the rock and take a picture right in front of my face.

I'm usually not this negative about a place, but I was very disappointed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom